Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Say Something Nice About Your Least Favorite Mane 6 Character

Shanks

My least favorite is Fluttershy, but I'll have to give her credit for this: I'd be lying if I said that she wasn't totally entertaining when she goes all Flutterrage.

"YOU... ARE GOING... TO LOVE ME!!!"

I like all of the mane 6 ponies, but I hate spike. But this isn't about this. I dislike applejack the most out of the mane 6. I have nothing against country people or rednecks, or anybody that like AJ. I just dislike country music. I liked raise this barn, but not any of her others. Please do not hate on me. This is my opinion. I respect yours completely. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.post-18605-0-01082000-1377994499_thumb.jpg

But I must say that AJ's overall design was quite delightful. She is very responsible, and has a pretty good sense of humor. :Dpost-18605-0-01082000-1377994499_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hearthfire Flitter

Fluttershy is kind and has redeeming qualities, although none come to mind.... uh... she's, uh... kind. Yeah, that's all I can think of. Sorry Flutters.

Oh, and I love Flutterbitch. That's when she actually grows a pair.

Edited by Minath Kidemonas

Oh, Rainbow. Your characterization in Season 2 was terrible. You were blessed with some of the best episodes in the series with Season 3, however, so you just scored a few more points in my book.

Edited by eskaryel

Pink is an amazing color and anyone who says otherwise is a fool.

My friends' six-year-old daughter told me that she doesn't like pink.  She made sure to clarify that she liked Pinkie Pie, though, so I wouldn't cry.  So... I guess she is a fool then? 

There is really nothing I can say that I like about canon Fluttershy. Every once in a while she will have a good episode like Hurricane Fluttershy or Keep Calm and Flutter On, but the writers seem determined to keep her as useless and as big of a failure as possible. There are a couple of fanfiction and other non-canon stories that make her likable I guess.

My friends' six-year-old daughter told me that she doesn't like pink.  She made sure to clarify that she liked Pinkie Pie, though, so I wouldn't cry.  So... I guess she is a fool then? 

Jeez, I was just joking. I didn't mean any offense.

You know, because Pink is widely considered by mainstream society to be a girly color?

Huh... oh Rarity... How I've always seen you as a vain, disregarding pony...

I've been forced to appreciate your generosity of creating all those dresses for free... I've been forced to understand that your mane and disposition automatically leaves ponies panting for a piece of you... I've been forced to see that you're not such a bad pony after all..

Such is the amazing power of the show. I really did have that negative view towards Rarity. Over time, that changed and I've grown to like her in some respects. Man... MLP can make even the worst stereotypical character acceptable and unique in their own right.

• Brohoof 1

Jeez, I was just joking. I didn't mean any offense.

You know, because Pink is widely considered by mainstream society to be a girly color?

It didn't offend me.  I just thought it was funny that you said that recently after she told me that she doesn't like pink.  I love pink.

I just dislike country music.

I have heard worse reasons, it is kind of funny because Country music isn't exactly my favorite either but Applejack has been my favorite pony since I first started watching. 

I don't have a least favorite Mane Six character. Heck, I made a fanclub in honor of my love for all six of them with no exceptions. So instead, I'll post a bunch of things I like about each of them because positivity is healthy. And because I'm bored and I feel the need to write another text wall for something to do. *Hides*

Twilight Sparkle - I love that she's so perky and nerdy about the things that interest her. She has an endearing natural curiosity and she knows how to use her head to figure things out. She's a very well-balanced character with a good amount of strengths and weaknesses, and for that she's one of the best lead heroines that I know of. Unicorn student or alicorn princess, it does not matter. I just want to follow Twilight Sparkle on all of her adventures.

Fluttershy - For me personally, she's the character I relate to the most because I've had my issues with courage, timidity, and being a doormat. Her enormous love of animals and nature strikes a chord with me as well. She's undeniably adorable and kind to a point where I can't help but love her. She's a character that I just want to root for in anything she does because her weaknesses are arguably the most detrimental of any of the Mane Six.

Pinkie Pie - The funniest character on the show by a wide margin, I always find myself reacting to her goofy antics more than with any other character. She is a shining beacon of happiness and joy, which are two things that our world lacks a lot of the time. She stands out in a big way thanks to her random songs, cartoonish gags, 4th wall breaking fun, and her lovably childish disposition. On the surface, she seems like a simple comedy act, but in actuality she has plenty of depth.

Rarity - I find her to be very complex and engaging. Despite the fact that I can't relate to her in any way, she intrigues me. I think her drama queen antics are hilarious and she is such a strong lead character that I feel that she has never had a bad episode. Not to mention, she's a huge stereotype killer. Most characters of Rarity's archetype are unlikable, shallow, and one-dimensional, but Rarity is the gold standard for all fancy and fashion-loving characters because she can actually be sympathized with.

Rainbow Dash - She gets a ton of props for being so well-developed. She's probably grown the most of any pony besides Twilight, and it shows. She has a wide range of strong points and yet even more imperfections, making her growth that much more enriching than others. She's the most visually pleasing pony because of how colorful she is and she's got a wonderfully vibrant personality to match. I love seeing her pursue her dream of becoming a Wonderbolt, because it has proven to be a very exciting character arc thus far.

Applejack - As she is my favorite Mane Six character, I don't really have any business saying anything nice about her in a thread like this, which is fine since I never know where to start with her and when to stop. :P

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 4

I love them all but I guess AJ would be least favorite. I mean, I like her, but... Okay. She's awesome. She cares about all of her friends (well, duh) She is very close with her family and offers good advice to Apple Bloom. She is both honest and loyal. I could never see her leaving her friends. She would do anything for them. She is just, basically, a good pony. She's good. That's it. Amazing horse A++

post-19367-0-19090900-1378012265_thumb.gif

• Brohoof 1

Alright... Rarity, I would like to say that I don't dislike you in any way, shape, or form, but you do happen to be my least favorite. You can be a great pony because of your great generosity, love for others, and your sense in style. :)