Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Were "Ponies" To You Before FiM?

Zero000

I realize that some of us bronies go back to the previous generations of MLP, but I just wanted to hear everyone's thoughts before they watched this show.

For me, it was just something I knew was for little girls.

All I can remember was that the other boys at grade school made a little chant from the main theme:

(Like 5-6 years ago)

My Little Pony,

So skinny and bony.

Farted on purpose,

and blew up the circus.

Edited by Zero
  • Brohoof 3

Oh my! Lol... I was part of the gen 3 ponies... But before the core 7 stuff... I liked cheerilee... She was Rarity's rainbow princess mentor after all... She was a Unicorn too! It was so cool for me back then! I still sort of like that kind of stuff, but only because it's my past, and I seem half stuck in my past (I'm out of the wiggles, but hey, that was me when I was what, 4?) I was always late into something, so I was always late out... I've still got a mane styling (old) Rarity somewhere... Although, it looks more like Twilight's hair after the RD incident! You know, first episode! Yeah, it's a mess...

Edited by Skystar

Ponies to me before fim were big, smelly, sweaty bulldozers that have a tounge about 10 ft long.

Oh, boy... There were commercials promoting MLP all the time, and they were incredibly annoying. Probably the worst toy line I thought of before. I also saw some toys and stuff, and I thought it was rediculous.

Funny thing, the 1st time I heard of FIM, I thought it would be the same as G3, so I didn't touch it. But There was a channel called "SonicFSeries" where they post parodies of Sonic X, but they did FIM as an April Fools joke. That was the 1st time I saw it. I looked it up, and discovered it was popular on the internet. My friend also told me to see it, so I saw it and liked it.

Edited by TwilightRubix

Hm.

Well, there was a couple of the early gen toys my sister had. Also, things you ride at the stable a little ways from my house. Also, a pony is a term for those eight ounce bottles of beer.

Oh, and Robot Chicken's Apocalypse Ponies a couple of years ago.

• Brohoof 1

I never really paid any attention to previous generations. I do remember the ads being incredibly irritating though.

Can't say I ever expected to be watching it either! Used to watch and enjoy the Powerpuff Girls when I was younger, so I wanted to see if FiM had the same attitude and likeablitity of that show, considering Lauren Faust is the creator of both shows. Turns out it does! =)

• Brohoof 1

Ponies to me are still animals, for me the MLPs are not related to real life ponies, for several reasons but mostly because I dislike animals in general.

MLP before FiM was a memory of my childhood. I used to watch the old generations, collect the toys as a little girl, and corral them in make-shift Lego fences and play for hours.

Now it's just a refreshing nostalgic memory with a new and modern twist,

Before FiM, I'd see the toys at the store, and used stores, and go "ugh". Whenever someone was watching TV and was changing the channels and fipped past MLP, I'd be like CHANGEITCHANGEITCHANGEITOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD.

I'm a huge brony now, but I still dislike the older generations.

• Brohoof 1

The older generations was just girly stuff small fillies under 7 years played with. Real ponies was just living hamburgers...oh wait...real ponies is still it xD

But now...

Posted Image

Edited by Flutterdash
  • Brohoof 1

Hated the commercials like the plague. They made me want to hit somebody with a big stick repeatedly and made me hate the MLP theme song so much that I have to skip it even when I watch the G4 show. I saw ponies as something pink, disgusting, girly, and ridiculous that I would never go near. Ever. Those commercials really made me dislike them.

i remember seeing the old commercials for the my little pony toys as a kid and the song would always get stuck in my head lol...i used to sing it just to annoy the crap out of people XD

Edited by RainbowDash92

My uncle had a horse at small farm when I was a bit younger and I learned the basics of riding a few years ago(And I would love to do it again when I have enough spare time). So for me they were small horses on which the small childs learn to ride :)

I thought MLP FIM was for little girls... How wrong was I.

And actually I really liked Pegasi, I thought they were bad*** in fact. Unicorns I thought could be cool, depending on the unicorn your talking about. I thought ponies were girly. Alicorns were 20% more bad*** than pegasi.

Edit: I should clarify I was talking about what I thought about the mythical creatures and irl ponies :P and "I thought ponies were girly" works for the old gens too.

Edited by toothlessbrony