Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Longest you've Gone without Speaking

MelancholicMemory

probably 2 weeks without video games, 2 years with.video games are good ways to waste time and not socialize so naturally I could last an insane amount of time without socializing if I had a good video game to pass the time. Preferably R&C, haven't played that in a while.

I dunno maybe a day.  I don't usually talk much.  Partly because I don't feel like engaging in conversations with people I don't have much to say to to try to make them feel comfortable, and partly because I don't really have anyone at the moment that I particularly care to talk with.

If I wanted to I could probably go a while without talking but I kinda like to hum melodies and sing lyrics to myself so yeah.  That's me.

• 8 months later...

I can go my entire life without speaking, but the longest I have gone is one year. That was back when I was still in high school.

Fun fact: From Elementary to high school, I was given the nickname "No Talk". I'll let you figure out why.

I could last quite some time. I tend to be extremely quiet and I'm not a fan of socialization, so I could go for months easily, if I wanted to. The only reason I still talk is that people won't shut up and they try to force-start conversations with me. 

• Brohoof 1

I could last quite a while without any problems, though I can't do that since my parents make me socialize. Anyway, the longest I've gone is 8 hours, that being sleep. All the other time, I've been forced into conversations

Hmm , let me think for a while.

About ten seconds. I can't help talking, because it's a nice feeling to open your moth and let out words. And if you don't open your mouth then it will get wet and dark and calmmy and smell bad. people need air circulating in their mouths, specifically my little sister when she gets up out of bed in the morning.  Plus I'm very talkative, you can't blame me for talking or typing or whatever too much. Am I talking too much right now?

I only have one thing to say to you, good sir.

DEAL WITH IT

My response is simple. NOPE!

72 hours. My parents were out of town and I had the house to myself for a week. I could have gone longer, but I had to go to work. One thing my family tends to point out at every opportunity is that I do not speak often, and when I do, it is mostly one or two word responses. If I have something to say, I will say it, and if my mouth is shut, it means there is nothing that I feel the need to say  :angry:

Edited by Frith is Magik

Well, I have always been pretty shy around others. I don't normally talk to anyone but my immediate family, and most of them moved out. Other than "Yes" and "No," I don't talk much for months at a time. I suppose it's been most of my life, really. I just don't socialize anywhere but online. I don't raise my hand in class, I don't really make an effort to make friends due to past experiences. I just kinda sit alone, draw and write, and spend my time thinking about things. And that's fine with me.

I'm known to be reclusive. I went about 6 hours in school before someone finally asked me why I hadn't said anything all day, to which I replied that I just didn't have anything to say.

The longest I've gone without talking was 1 month, 2 weeks, and 2 days. But I know I could go more than 9 months without talking. I spend a lot of my time online, typing. Barely ever talking to people, so I could go a pretty long while.

When i was a kid and I was... I suppose you could say... jealous? Because my youngest siblings (toddler and infant at the time) were getting all the attention, and when you're the third child out of 6, and only the mom is looking after you all while dad works, its hard to get noticed. So...just to experiment, I decided not to talk for as long as they didn't say anything to me, thinking that they would notice that. I went 3 days without talking to any one, till it got to a point that I was annoyed and blurted out "NO ONE HAS EVEN NOTICED I HAVEN'T SPOKEN IN 3 DAYS, YOU GUYS DONT EVEN CARE!!!" :(

To which my mom was sadden by this, my dad just told me to get a grip, that im not the only one in this family with feelings. But I realized then that i wasn't being fair, my two elder sisters weren't getting as much attention as me or my other brother so... ya. Point being mom had it rough looking after the two younger ones, I needed to be more considerate, but she in the end asked me how was school going and if had plans for the weekend etc. Lets just say I learned a lesson in consideration of others that day lol.

To be honest with you, I don't actually talk very much.

Often times people will ask me if Im feeling depressed or something because I tend to be so quiet but, really I think that its just because Im naturally a very quiet person.   -_-

Well, that and I spend a lot of time in my own head. Also that I never really feel like I have to open my mouth everyday or, like I have to say something to people, I tend to just stick to my thoughts more than anything. 

All and all, I guess what Im trying to say is, a better question to ask me is how long have I gone without shutting up. 

Edited by Onylex
  • Brohoof 1