Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Longest you've Gone without Speaking

MelancholicMemory

i lasted about 3 days once. i lost my voice so i just couldn't talk, even if i wanted to :(

it sucked pretty bad. i had to write everything i wanted to say down otherwise i just couldn't communicate with people.

Edited by repsol rave

Uh... probably no more than a few hours. I live with a LOT of people, so it kind of makes talking impossible. Even if most of the time when I'm without Klopp, I only utter one-sentence phrases every now and then. (I don't like talking to my family much.) So that would count as such.

Basically though, I don't speak much when by myself or in the vicinity of strangers. Probably speak even less at my job than I do at home with my boyfriend. I utter a few stock phrases every now and then there, which also prevents me from being quiet as I'm basically a cashier who has to deal with customers. (Occasionally. It's all night time, so they are rare.) At school? I don't speak at all, really.

• Brohoof 1

Well considering I live at home still and me and my brother always strike a conversation... Not long. If I lived on my own, I probably could go a long time. :P unless this discourse chatting with Internet friends... D: I couldn't do it. I may be introverted but I do get lonely

Does crying count? When I was really young, I went through this phase where I refused to ever say a word, and tried to communicate using nothing but hand gestures and crying.

It lasted about two years, then I decided I'd had my lulz and just told people what I wanted.

:comeatus:

Okay, seriously, not very long at all. Ironically, despite my natural introversion, I'm immersed almost 24/7 in conversation of some sort. Mostly over a chat program.

Though, if I had to, I imagine I could last about a week.

It would be pretty awkward not talking to my family at home for even a day. I always at least say hi to friends when I see them, so I probably could only not speak for as long as I'm not around anypony. Also, I do talk to myself sometimes, so that would shorten any possibility of not talking for a while. I do resist not speaking right now as I am alone on the computer :P.

• Brohoof 1

The longest I've gone without speaking would be about 4 days so it's 96 hours, or 68 without counting sleep.

I would very much consider doing that.

I think that an average person would last 4 months max, before going crazy. Could you imagine every second of every hour of every day of every month being the same except when you eat and shit?

around 35 hours I guess. One day I woke up and my parent's where gone with my sis the whole day. I was asleep again before they came home. I hadn't said anything for the whole night day after that and night after that