Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Longest you've Gone without Speaking

MelancholicMemory

Two months, no joke.

I'm very serious and silent most of the times, and I usually remain quiet since I really don't have much to say, or I'd rather not just rant on stuff I hate.

Usually it's about 3 to a month, but the two months was a personal issue. 

Well, I have social anxiety which is a permanent scar from when I destroyed myself a few years back and developed an eating disorder. It kind of comes with the whole package I guess but um, I was bullied, teased and picked on all the way through school and also college so I eventually lost my voice and my confidence to speak and talk to people. I rarely talk to anyone, as in talking face to face. The only person I talk to regularly is my mom. I also hate talking on the phone, it makes my anxiety go through the roof and I'm also told I sound like a little girl on the phone rather than an 18 year old which makes it even worse.. *sigh*

Out of my entire day, probably around 10 or so hours at most, and that includes my time spent sleeping. Having to live with parents who constantly ask me for favors, check up on me, and try and make conversation(usually in an awkward manner) with me, it is impossible to go any longer than 2-3 hours without talking during the day without them getting all worried and concerned. If I was living all by myself however, I could probably go for an entire day without talking. It depends. There's those rare occasions where I just like to talk to myself, odd I know. :P Besides that, I usually shy anyways, so if it wasn't for me living under my parent's roof here, I would probably be a lot more quiet. ^_^

I wouldn't go very long. Talking to people, even complete strangers, is what makes me happy in some places, even if I end up making a complete ass out of myself. 

Well, if I were to lock myself in my room, I couldn't probably survive without speaking for long.  Why?  Because I talk to myself CONSTANTLY.  And LOUDLY.  But, if I were somehow to keep myself from starting to narrate myself playing video games or reading something aloud, I could probably go for a week or two without talking.  I've absolutely no issue with silence, considering my brother was a selective mute for majority of my life, and I'm a pretty introverted person.  As a toddler, I've been told I could keep myself entertained in a room with no stimuli and no supervision for hours.  Maybe I learned to talk to myself because I used to have tinnitus a lot..?  Anyway, this is a forum post, not a therapy chair.  

TL;DR: A pretty goddamn long time, if I duct-taped my mouth.

EDIT:  Ooops.  This is all how long I COULD go on.  However, excluding sleeping, I'm pretty sure my record  is two and half days.  After a very active party on a Frida, I was so socially drained I couldn't talk to anyone, not even my parents, for the entire weekend.

Edited by ping111

• 1 year later...

several days, I could go for a really long time but people talk to me so I have to answer so i dont look rude, i don't talk much, i talk so little that when i do get in a long conversation i go horse because i don't use my voice much LOL

Edited by simba86

longest i have gone without a word is day.Only reason was friend put me up to challenge you could not speak for a day.And this at school.And sad part no pony believed which made me sad . :( because did that all for nothing.

I haven't had time to go extremely long without verbal communication. Only got to three days. I hardly talk normally, buck, I seem to make everything awkward for every other super social person.

I went a week once. It was a few years ago before I had a job. I was extremely irritated at my family, so I kept my mouth shut for an entire week. It was during summer break, so I was in the house the whole time anyway.

I am a pretty queit person IRL. I generally only talk when I'm being talked to. Last year, I went three whole days without uttering a single word, not even a little mutter to myself. No particular reason, I just didn't feel like talking ^^

Longest was a few days. Like 3 or something. Was a while back and it was quiet

I literally just sat there, read books and consumed food for those 3 days

It was good