Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Making someone a Brony.

FALCON PUNCH

At the moment I know no Bronys in real life so I don't tell anyone I am a Brony but I have a friend who enjoys Friendship is witchcraft, The mentally abridged series, Rainbow dash presents, Mlp youtube poops and quite a lot of things to do with the show so as he liked this I got him to watch about 3 episodes with me and he said that he enjoys the humor and sees why people like it. Also today a group of people asked if we liked mlp we said yes also he said he dose not mind if people call him a Brony.

So what do you guys think is my friend a Brony, because I am too damn stupid to know!

I do not think he is an avid fan of the show but I believe he enjoys the show for what is. He is probably more neutral towards it more than anything.  Since he is your friend, he probably went along with watching some of the episodes with you. I do not think he is a brony like you think he is though. But please... PLEASE do not force it down his throat or *make* him a brony. That would be a bit creepy to try and force something upon someone else. Everyone has different likes and tastes.

• Brohoof 1

Well this is just me but I do think while he isn't fully into the show, he can understand why people like the show. While it's nice that your friend likes it to a degree I would not try not to force him into liking it cause I can bet you it will turn him off from it. If he likes the show then great, he may look into the stuff himself and become a brony. Or he could remain where he is, either way it looks like a win-win.

Still gotta say congrats on having a friend who says that they like it :)

I do not think he is an avid fan of the show but I believe he enjoys the show for what is. He is probably more neutral towards it more than anything.  Since he is your friend, he probably went along with watching some of the episodes with you. I do not think he is a brony like you think he is though. But please... PLEASE do not force it down his throat or *make* him a brony. That would be a bit creepy to try and force something upon someone else. Everyone has different likes and tastes.

I thought I would get a reply like this. But I guess I should provide a little more detail he dose not think I am a brony and I never told him to watch the show he just said on skype do you want to watch it then the next day he said he wanted to watch more so I did. And I kinda screwed up on the title I am not "making" him a brony I just wanted to see if people think he is a brony.

Well this is just me but I do think while he isn't fully into the show, he can understand why people like the show. While it's nice that your friend likes it to a degree I would not try not to force him into liking it cause I can bet you it will turn him off from it. If he likes the show then great, he may look into the stuff himself and become a brony. Or he could remain where he is, either way it looks like a win-win.

Still gotta say congrats on having a friend who says that they like it :)

Well I was not forcing him he told me he wanted to watch it so I did and he likes it so yeah, And he seems to watch more parody's and music than me! 

• Brohoof 1

PLEASE do not force it down his throat or *make* him a brony.

I didn't have to much with my mates,  I mentioned MLP to them and they jumped in! Oh, and, I would think your friend ciuld probably be counted as one of the herd!

It might work if you show this person some episodes. As long, as you don't force it too much this certain friend will be a brony.

Sorry I put the wrong things in this post to make it seem I making his a brony and making him watch videos but he is deciding to watch the videos and I just tag along and watch with him

No, it dosen't sound like he is yet but it is entirely possible that he might become one though but even if he dosen't he is at least not a hater. He is pretty much at the same stage in the game I was after watching 3 episodes though after a couple more I started to get hooked and well the rest is history.

And I kinda screwed up on the title I am not "making" him a brony I just wanted to see if people think he is a brony.

I see what you are saying. 

That is awesome if he is actually making the effort himself to want and watch the show. I take back what I said earlier. Your lucky you have a close friend that actually enjoys the show for what it is. I think now that he has knowledge of the show and has seen some episodes with you. I think now you ought to wait and see if he takes the initiative to watch more episodes. Then you will know for sure if he really likes the show ;)

Edited by Gone ϟ Airbourne

No, it dosen't sound like he is yet but it is entirely possible that he might become one though but even if he dosen't he is at least not a hater. He is pretty much at the same stage in the game I was after watching 3 episodes though after a couple more I started to get hooked and well the rest is history.

I think he need to watch some of the season 1 and 2 he has only seen the 3 season but when he saw 1 episode of season 2 he enjoyed it the most and never had anything negative about it.

I think he need to watch some of the season 1 and 2 he has only seen the 3 season but when he saw 1 episode of season 2 he enjoyed it the most and never had anything negative about it.

That is great, the first episodes I watched were actually the Return of Harmony 2 parter which still to this day stand as my favorite because it introduces Discord who is the best character introduced in this show so far. The friend that introduced me to ponies wanted to know what I thought about Discord so for me at least it was a good introduction to a good show.

• Brohoof 1

Why does he even have to be a brony? Would you like him less if he wasn't? This overwhelming need some people seem to have in MAKING others like a show because they like it, is confusing to me. As far as I know, there aren't any other shows on TV where the fan base aggressively tries to ram it down non-fans throats. Frankly, this is why so many people think there is something wrong with adult fans of the show. Everywhere you go on the pony sites, you'll find innumerable threads about "How can I make people watch the show?", "How many people did you convert", "How can I make my best friend into a Brony" and the like. It just doesn't make sense to me. I like Doctor Who, actually much more than I like MLP:FIM, but I don't run around trying to make my friends watch it too.

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 1

Why does he even have to be a brony? Would you like him less if he wasn't? This overwhelming need some people seem to have in MAKING others like a show because they like it, is confusing to me. As far as I know, there aren't any other shows on TV where the fan base aggressively tries to ram it down non-fans throats. It just doesn't make sense to me. I like Doctor Who, actually much more than I like MLP:FIM, but I don't run around trying to make my friends watch it too.

Well I tried to make a friend of mine brony and I thought he could like it too so I would have a friend to talk about and also I wanted to show how awesome the fandom and the show is. Because I liked it more than anything else. But he is so stubborn when you are trying to show something to him. He once called a song I sent bad just by the idea that he got from first 3 seconds. I just wanted him to make his decision after he watches the first episode but he kept saying it is not for him. I mean it is different from whatever he is thinking, I don't look like a guy who watches my little pony anyway. I told him the same thing and he was still like "NO NEVAAARRR". And that's why I call him a jerk.

Never seek to convert people. Let them find out how awesome it is to be a Brony/Pegasister on their own. Personally i don't have a lot of friends who are as interested as I am but i am very open about it. If you actively seek to introduce it to people it carries a negative connotation and it will come back to get you later on. And it makes the rest of us look bad because of their experience. If they watch it and enjoy it and can understand why people like it i wouldn't say that make them a brony yet.

Hmmm, most of us would not consider him a brony, mostly because he is not an avid fan of the show, It can go both ways, but if he SAYS he is a brony, then he is considering him as a part of the fandom.

I think he is starting to warm up, but I don't think he is a brony yet.

He seems to like the series, but by your discription he is not as into it as some of us are.

I suggest you keep pushin in some MLP references and get him to watch some more episodes.

I suggest watching the past seasons with him, because season 3 has things that require past episodeds for explanations. For example if you show him "Wonderbolts Academy" he may like it, but of he doesn't know Rainbow's goal and dream since the beginning of the series, then story won't be as impacting as it should be.

A far warning is that you shouldn't rush it or force it upon it. He seems to like it, so there is no need to rush. If you rush you may annoy him an possibly lose the opportunity to convert him to a brony.

Why does he even have to be a brony? Would you like him less if he wasn't? This overwhelming need some people seem to have in MAKING others like a show because they like it, is confusing to me. As far as I know, there aren't any other shows on TV where the fan base aggressively tries to ram it down non-fans throats. Frankly, this is why so many people think there is something wrong with adult fans of the show. Everywhere you go on the pony sites, you'll find innumerable threads about "How can I make people watch the show?", "How many people did you convert", "How can I make my best friend into a Brony" and the like. It just doesn't make sense to me. I like Doctor Who, actually much more than I like MLP:FIM, but I don't run around trying to make my friends watch it too.

:/  Well I never forced him to watch the show he watched it himself so I am not "Making" him watch the show. And I never want round telling my friends to watch the show because I never told any of them to.

:/  Well I never forced him to watch the show he watched it himself so I am not "Making" him watch the show. And I never want round telling my friends to watch the show because I never told any of them to.

Your thread is titled "Making someone a Brony". My argument still stands. Why do you feel you need him to like a show, just because you do? If he liked a show you didn't like, would you never speak to him again?

Well if hes already as accepting as he is about the show then its probably only a couple more episodes and he'll be a brony.

However I of course wouldn't force it to him, just let him go at his own pace, if you push him then he will develop dislike for the show probably.

I imagine that alot of it is the fact hes your friend so hes more tolerant of it, but according to how you described it it sounds like he could potentially become a brony.

Honestly all it took was me getting curious after hearing about bronies, then watching episode 1, having to watch episode 2 to find out how it goes, then I felt like seeing how episode 3 would be, and 4 and 5 and.. Eventually I realized.. Omg I like MLP :P. It was shocking at first, but then I did stuff like join these forums, and well the rest is in fact history :).

Regardless, you should treasure the fact that he likes the abridged series, and that he even watched a few episodes. Just don't force it on him and ruin it.

Good luck!

Your thread is titled "Making someone a Brony". My argument still stands. Why do you feel you need him to like a show, just because you do? If he liked a show you didn't like, would you never speak to him again?

i don't need to make him a brony I was just asking if people thought he was a brony I have also known him for 3 years he used to say he hated the show so I am not dropping him as a friend if he doesn't like a Tv show.