Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Imagine this...

SuperUltimateBrony

Here's a dilemna...  

69 users have voted

1. 1. If you had to choose...

• Girls
    • Ponies + Bronies

You finally meet the girl of your dreams. Both of you fall in love. You couldn't be more happier. But then, she discovers how much you like MLP. She gives you an ultimatum. It's either her or the bronies and ponies.

Would you give up the fandom to stay with her? Or are ponies and fellow bronies too close to your heart to abandon?

• Brohoof 1

I'd definitely choose MLP. I'd say that if she really loved me, she'd accept my hobbies and interests no matter what they were. If she really gave me an ultimatum like that, I'd know our thing wouldn't work. I want a girlfriend who accepts me as I am, not someone who frets over my likes that badly.

• Brohoof 32

If she is truly in love with you, she would not make an ultimatum like that, its just not fair on you nor right. If she isn't truly in love with you, she isn't for you and honestly you should move on

• Brohoof 3

This is a logical fallacy. If I had truly met the girl of my dreams, she would also be a fan of MLP. :P (Dang it Urdie Turdie, you beat me to it. ): )

I would choose MLP - there's simply so much more to it and its fandom than one person could ever bring.

Edited by Flipturn
  • Brohoof 5

Disregard females, acquire ponies.

But really, I would still choose ponies. I'm not even sure if if want a girlfriend, but if I did, she would at least have to be accepting to me liking ponies.

• Brohoof 4

If she actually loved me then she wouldn't make me choose, therefore its a pretty simple choice that I would give her up. I'm going to have my girlfriend accept me for who I am, so if she doesn't want to be with me as long as i'm a brony.. well then goodbye!

It proably wouldn't work out anyways, seeing as she'll come across something else and do the same thing.. she won't accept anything about me and it'll just crash in burn.

Of course I haven't had a girlfriend yet, so maybe It would be a bit harder in the moment. Still I'd hope I'd come to the same conclusion, even under the pressure.

• Brohoof 2

If she gives you an ultimatum if any kind she's not worth it. Not unless it's something that's a problem like drugs or alcohol abuse. So giving an ultimatum like that would force my hand and call her bluff.

If you agree with her ultimatum it just sets the relationship up to fail.

I should add, that I've been down this road and made the wrong choice in my case it was me or your friends and I chose her... Worst mistake I could have made. She abused the relationship from that point on... To the tune of £8000 ($12,5k). So when I say call her bluff, do it.

Edited by Fridge

I would choose MLP, because if she couldn't accept me for who I am, then there is no point in moving on with the relationship. I wouldn't want a girl like that. I want a girlfriend that will accept me for being me, as I would accept her for being her.

I would never choose someone who is not able to love me the way I am, including the hobbies.

According to my experience, the person who really loves you either shares your interest with you, or doesn't mind it, or have some stupid notes about it but never ever gives you ultimata like this.

Also, trading your friends for something is the worst thing ever. Never do it, guys. Because if you give your friends away, who'll be there for you when she leaves you for some jerk?

Loyalty.

TL;DR version: Bros before hoes.

• Brohoof 1

Girl of my dreams.
Can't accept me as I am.

Well that doesn't sound like the girl of my dreams and I am confused. Darn, why would you do that? I would go for the girl. Then secretly continue  :ph34r:   She would understand in time, I GUESS.

But still, it is best to find another girlfriend who wouldn't want to end our relationship over little details. If I want a real relationship.

I would absolutely choose the girl. I wouldn't need ponies or bronies if I had a girlfriend. Sorry bronies, but it would be worth it for me to give up the fandom I think.

If she doesn't let you stay a brony than she doesn't really like you for who are you and you'd be a fool to stay with her. Such an ultimatum only shows she doesn't care about you, the relationship wouldn't work out anyways.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I'm a strait female, but I'm changing it to boys in my head... anyway, like Jamza and Quiles said, if she really cared about you, she would except you for who you are, not be knitpicking your likes and interests. My crush knows I like ponies. He accepts that fact. He hasn't teased me about it or anything, like most of the boys in my school, and that's one of the many reasons I still chase after him.

• Brohoof 1

I'm Romantic, as in Poetic, not Romantic as in all into "love".

I for one would likely loose more girls due to me talking Politics too often much more often than liking MLP. But I don't really care because I don't like the idea of a family.

This does not mean if I see eye to eye with someone with an awesome personality I won't give it a shot, I will just tell her all about everything right away.

I'm having this exact same problem with my crush right now. I finally opened up and told her about it and she told me she doesn't want me watching it or talking about it around her. I ain't leaving this awesome community because of her. Now because I know she loves anime, I gave her the ultimatum that if I was gonna give up MLP, she'd have to give up anime. She said no and I said no and now we are at a stand still. It sucks when you and your crush are both stubborn and won't back down. XD 

The girl of my dreams is Rainbow Dash at the moment so this would result in a no win scenario that would end up breaking my mind XD.

The girl of my dreams would accept me for who I am, so the question doesn't really work. If she was perfect in every other way save that... Dunno. I'm glad I don't have to make this decision in real life.

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 3

Honestly, you could just say you gave it up, but still watch it and go on websites when she isn't around, but you would have to hide your merch and not wear that Rainbow Dash T Shirt you got when you know she could be around. Its a win-win, she thinks you aren't watching it, and you get your girlfriend AND ponies.

If she's gonna hate on me for watching a show, there's no way I'd want to be with her. I want a girl who respects my quirks and hobbies, because that's exactly what I'll do with her... Even if she watched Gen 3. It may take awhile, but I'd cope.