Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Imagine this...

SuperUltimateBrony

Here's a dilemna...  

69 users have voted

1. 1. If you had to choose...

• Girls
    • Ponies + Bronies

She doesn't love me for me I can't say I love her very much either.  I would definitely choose MLP over her.  She just wouldn't love me for me it's not worth my time.

During that first line I was ready to go straight for the girl. After reading though this was pretty much my reaction.
l8r.jpg

If she was so ignorant that she can't accept me for who I am and what I enjoy, than she's not worth it.

Edited by Lightning Fluttershy

If I had truly met the girl of my dreams, then she would accept everything about me. Even if I gave up ponies and bronies to be with her, I would know that deep down, I would still be unhappy because she forced me to take away one of the things that brings joy to my life.

My dream girl would also be a brony, but as of right now i'm fine with being single XD.

Well i would imagine most people would say they would leave the fandom but there is something important to consider here. If something you like is set as a "Condition" of a relationship then that relationship may not be the one for you. Because she is already telling you what you can and cannot like before you are even together. What if it wasn't MLP. What if it was any other fandom you are in. You like Star Trek like me and you collect model ships? You like Star Wars? Harry Potter? World of Warcraft? What if she doesn't like these too? You are better off finding someone who shares similar interests or finding someone who is willing to let you have your thing. There may be things she is into that you may not be. If you don't put your foot down eventually you will have no hobbies  :lol:

You finally meet the girl of your dreams. Both of you fall in love. You couldn't be more happier. But then, she discovers how much you like MLP. She gives you an ultimatum. It's either her or the bronies and ponies.

Would you give up the fandom to stay with her? Or are ponies and fellow bronies too close to your heart to abandon?

I would pick both. It seems a bit suicidal, but I would do it, even if I had to let her go. The fandom is a great community, and to find the perfect mare exceeds my imagination, but I want to pick both because I want her to know what it is like. I want to show her the fandom and why I like it. If she really loves me, then she will understand me and respect my interests, whatever it may be. Heck, I could have a knife collection and if she loves me, then she will respect my insane, yet tolerable, interest. Most of all, if she was the girl of my dreams, she needs to BE understanding. Isn't that why she's the girl of your dreams? To love you in every way? So I see no need to leave anything behind.

Well as some people say, there are other fish in the sea. You'll find your special someone. But when it comes to your favorite show and a girl, find another girl mate.

Wow am I seriously the only one who would choose the girl?

Although, the one thing I've always wanted more than anything is a girlfriend, so it would be worth it to me to give up ponies.

As I said been there done it got burned regretted it. Sadly it's something no amount of being told will teach you, you have to go through that pain before you can understand the why.

Thankfully for me the next one wasn't as bad and the current one is even better :)

Edited by Fridge

Hmm...

Plan A:  Counter-ultimatum.  If we're so happy together, I might be able to convince her to give ponies a shot!

Plan B:

Assuming that this whole "girl of your dreams" thing were to be entirely true, save for one small bit of ponyphobia--

--I would probably choose the girl.  Don't get me wrong - My Little Pony is an excellent show, with a fandom filled with excellent people - but, it seems kind of hard for a fandom to compete with an otherwise-perfect gal.  Plus, if things didn't work out, I could always just spend the next weekend "catching up" - which would have the added benefit of distracting me from things like breakups!

That said, if I were banned from associating with bronies altogether (e.g. having non-pony conversations with good friends who also enjoy the show), I'd choose Bronies hands-down.

Why would you NOT choose the girl? Even if someone cared so much about a fandom, you can still be part of one without having to show it.

Edited by ~Vallo~

I would choose being a brony for several reasons.

1) she should love me for who I am. The girl of my dreams would be accepting and wouldn't want me to change just because she finds something I like to be strange.

2) I am a fan of other things as well. So if being a brony will make her mad, then all the other things will make it strange for her as well. Assuming this is true I would have to give up on not only MLP, but also: the Legend of Zelda, the Gremlins, my old 64 games, etc.

Anyway the point is I would have to give up on other things to make get happy, while at the same time giving up things I like or love. So ya there is that.

3) I don't think I should change anyone and no one should change me. We are all different and this think differently, and like different things. If my girlfriend wanted me to quite being a brony while everything, I assume, was alright, then what is the problem. I may not like things you like, but do you see me telling you to change? No. The best relationships and the happiest ones are the ones where the two partners accept each other for who they are. Dispite the differences and preferences they may have, as long as they are happy and accept each other, then everything is alright.

This is a no brainier  if it's the person you're meant to be with they'll accept every aspect of you and love you all the more. If she gives you an ultimatum about anything where it's her or it she is simply a selfish person and you can do better. Besides, in that situation just think to yourself that there are plenty of single Pegasisters out there lol.  

In my own experience? My girlfriend thinks it's cute I like ponies. :D

• Brohoof 1

Well, I'm a girl so I guess this will change from girlfriend to boyfriend. :)

But anyways, I would choose the Bronies and the ponies of course. ;)

If someone really loved me, they wouldn't care that I like My Little Ponys. They would at least execpt it, and not make me change that fact about me. I would rather have a not perfect boyfriend who loves the fact that I'm a Pegasister, then a perfect boyfriend who hates that I love My Little Ponys and wants me to change that about me.

If I received this ultimatum, she wouldn't be the one. This is not the type of person I would like to marry and I would rather keep looking until I find one who would be willing to accept me exactly as I stand. I am not going to forget my childhood memories of Mr. Rogers that easily.

Also, this has manipulation written all over it and those types of relationships rarely if ever work out.

Edited by Celtore

Thing is, once the girl knows I'm a brony, it's hanging over our heads for the entirety of our relationship. You can take the man out of the fandom, but by DWEIQ you can't take the fandom out of the man. Plus, if someone gave me an ultimatum, in which an external character who is only in my life under my own free will, forces me to change my lifestyle under risk of this external character no longer being relevant to my life, as I have let her be under my will, I think I'll pass on her. To put it simply, if she wants me to be a different person than I am, she can go find that different person.

MLP for sure.  If we were just starting to date and already she was asking me to give up a show I love,  I can only imagine how she would want to control and change me later in the relationship.  In other words it would be a big red flag for me to keep looking.  But my wife buys me MLP gifts and we watch all the new episodes together and that's what you need to find if you're a Brony.

Well, since I'm not homosexual (well, I'm not sure about it though), I would choose the fandom. But let's say that I had to choose between a boy or the fandom I'd still go with my beloved ponies. I can't live whithout them, I mean it. And if the guy really loved me, he would accept that part of me anyway.

my girlfriend/ girl of my dreams is a brony/pegasister already, so i guess i win. :D

How ever if she wasn't and i had to chose, i'd choose her with out a second thought

I choose to convert her to the herd.

There is always a third option, so umad Original poster of the thread?

I'm very good at convincing people to do stuff too.