Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Opinions on guys and crying?

Zygen

I don't care who or what is crying, I would probably try to help anyway.

Crying is not weakness, not being able to cry is probably a bigger problem. 

I only remember to have cried once, some people where real (I think it means horse genitals...) and I cried while knocking them up and down, probably becouse I had to relase exstreme emotions. I remember a few of my friends crying, but I and some other friend always where there to help.

People should cry when they need to, it is better than letting emotions stay inside.

I fail to see what's wrong with guys crying. Even I cried when my dog died few months ago, I cried when my close friend (and crush at the same time, oh well) left me because of some false accusations and later when she realized that she was wrong she did not even apologize for making my life miserable for all this time of separation. Crying is same as laughing, smiling, being angry, stressed. Stripping ourselves from any of those emotions will only make us empty inside. And blaming guy for crying is ridiculous, I mean, what was I supposed to feel when I was at my grandfather's funeral? Joy? Should I laugh? Or act tough, because crying is not "manly"? No, most people would cry and have right to do so. If not outside- then inside, sometimes emotionless face hides very sensitive person inside (that is my case, outside I don't show emotions very often). 

I haven't cried in years and its not from wanting two, i seriously think my tear ducts are defective. I swear I'd probably never have had my anxiety attacks if i could cry, the fact that i couldn't even shed a tear even though I felt like I was going crazy that made my attacks all the more worse.

Theres nothing wrong with a man crying, if something is welling up inside him it is better he let it all out than pent it in. Sure there are times where you have to put up appearances for the sake of others but that doesn't mean you can't let out either,

Edited by Malinter

I don't get it. Crying is seen as a weakness in both genders but it's totally ok! Why? It's completly natural like growing up.

Why should something surpress something thats natural aaaaannnnnd people don't judge u in a bad way

on it. (and people who do say your weak because you actually let out emotions are the bad people in this world)  crying is not bad. It's good for you when you need it.

(wow first long emotional commen ive made) :yay:

I think back then crying showed something reached into your soul and that you actually felt things. Now were all supposed to bottle it up and such displays are now seen as a weakness. Its no surprise stress and depression and what not are on the rise in western society.

I feel that crying is fine for both genders. I got tearful when my brother hugged me after he was finished performing a piano concerto. As a first violinist, all I expected was a handshake since he wasn't the type to get sappy. Everyone in the audience dawwed at the moment we shared, and my crush was completely fine with the tears.

Crying is a normal way to express sadness and joy, and it's been done throughout history.

As a guy I almost never cry.

For one; because it's seen as a weakness among others where I live regardless of age or gender (as well as a good reason to get your ass kicked.)

It will also cause others to respect you less, plus it always felt like a waste of energy for me because of how tired I feel afterwords.

So I've learned to just bottle it up (along with anger, joy, and the rest of my depression) because while it may not be healthier emotionally or psychologically, or whatever-it seems to be healthier for my social life and unfortunately, that seems to be the only thing that matters to the outside world if your a guy-you're worth can only be measured by how tough you are physically and emotionally.

I agree that a man has just the same right to cry as a woman. But I also understand where it comes from, if we go back really far, man were the natural fighters and hunters. Because crying makes your mind less aware of your surroundings I understand that crying is seen as a weakness. The man was usually seen as the authority so it's not good to show weakness.

But I don't think that still counts for this age anymore. Although I rarely cry, I think that men should be able to cry just as much as women.

So long as it's not excessive, and so long as there's a valid reason, I don't see anything wrong with men crying.

I find it annoying for either gender to cry over the slightest of things, which is not cute at all!

• Brohoof 1

Well, crying is like the main way I express my own emotions (whether happy or sad, I get teary-eyed all the time!), so it'd be pretty hypocritical for me to judge men due to it. So no, I really don't care. 

But!

There are certain types of crying (mostly from males, I'll admit) that I just cannot take seriously. If you have a really goofy-sounding or annoying-sounding cry, I just kinda either want to laugh (and I feel bad, I really do) or punch you in the face for sounding so whiny. It's just the way it sounds though, you know what I mean? I know some guys can't control it and it's fine. Just... sometimes, some people sound like buffoons when they cry. I still try to be as sympathetic as possible though.

1000367_712413385436044_412838937_n.jpg

tumblr_m52vx0YfG91r9c569o1_400.jpg

I rarely cry, but when I do, it's when I can't take anymore of garbage that happens. Cry today, guys.You may be glad you did.

Edited by IncognitoKiwoy
  • Brohoof 1

Girl: "oh my god, are you crying?? Wow, what a loser!"

Boy: "oh my god are you crying?? f**king f****t"

Crying is an action to show sadness. Aren't we allowed to show emotions? Also, who cares what people think?

this is impossible to type when i have a tissue around my bleeding finger

• Brohoof 1

I don't cry uncontrollably. Even when sad or frustrated, I really just never cry. I think I've honestly cried twice in the last 4 years or more. Sure, I've shed crocodile tears when the situation called for it, but I don't do that often either, you dilute the effect of crying the more you use it. But no, I don't show my emotions like that. It just doesn't look or feel good.