Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Scoot-a-Rebel

I know it's no longer Halloween or Nightmare Night but I wasn't on here around that time. These are two of the thirteen pumpkins I carved in 2012. All of the pumpkins I have carved throughout the years can be viewed on my deviantART.

I decided to start 2012's pumpkin carving extravaganza with Nightmare Moon... I thought it was perfect to start with something for Nightmare Night! Took 5 hours to carve, my only tools were a nail file and flat head screwdriver, it cost me a blister or two.

post-12176-0-38843100-1359438387_thumb.jpg

The second MLP pumpkin I carved was a funny idea I had... Rainbow Dash is so cool and fearless but if she were to crash into something, what would it be? The Tardis! It pops out of nowhere! So I did Rainbow Dash crashing into the Tardis with Doctor Whooves (or Time Turner) walking out. The POLICE BOX PUBLIC CALL text at the top was painstakingly time consuming. I also did my best to make Rainbow Dash's mane and tail to have different layers/shades to look like a "rainbow." It's hard to see on here but you can really tell in person. This one took roughly 3ish hours to carve.

post-12176-0-80844900-1359438546_thumb.jpg

The downside to using pumpkins as a medium is that they only last so long and I only get to carve them once a year.

Edited by Scoot-a-Rebel
  • Brohoof 4

Those were completely awesome!

Although they maybe late, that doesn't stop you from making them awesome.

My only suggestion is that you make a Derpy X Doctor Whooves one next time.

• Brohoof 1

Wow!!! That is really good, I could NEVER carve something so magnificent! They are very talented for the tools you had! It looks really hard to do!

It took a lot of practice to get where I'm at today. Since pumpkins are only available in October, it makes it somewhat difficult to practice too. Now it's mostly time consuming. People think I am slightly crazy for using a nail file and screwdriver but I find they are small and easier to manage, which allows more precise lines.

Those were completely awesome!

Although they maybe late, that doesn't stop you from making them awesome.

My only suggestion is that you make a Derpy X Doctor Whooves one next time.

I definitely plan on carving a Derpy one this year as well as one with the mane six. I usually plan up my designs in September so I can spend all of October carving.

Wow! You should try marble, even though it's way expensive and nothing like pumpkins.... Disregard that. Those are fantastic... Love it.

I would love to try marble or some other medium but yeah... expensive. I'm probably going to do some designs on some fake pumpkins this year so I can keep them around.