Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Derpy Fan Club

Tomiix

Yes, my favorite non-mane6 pony, the lovable mare I've been following the adventures of since I got into the fandom back when she was naught more than a background pony that everyone had latched onto due to a strange animation error in the first episode.  Heck, a lot of people back then even colored her PURPLE since she looked kinda purple with the 'shadow effect' of being further in the background at the time:

derpy.png  

...I just spent like 2 hours looking all over the internet AND all over my computer for one of those old purple Derpy pics from the end of 2010.  It seems that the G-men have come and erased them and probably everyone but me's memory of them, but I swear they existed...!  YA GOTTA BELIEVE ME!  (And I mean DERPY with a purple skin coat, not the purple-haired lookalike in Winter Wrap-Up!)

...But yeah, I saw her go from just that, to THAT MOMENT WHEN DHX MEDIA WENT BACK INTO A FULLY DEVELOPED EPISODE JUST TO PUT THIS SCENE IN:

I'm guessing it was some other pony, or Derpy herself back in her 'underped' days between her appearance in episode 1 and this one in Feeling Pinkie Keen halfway through the season, but man oh man.. I had only been in the community for about a week and a half at the time this episode aired and it was the first one I ever watched live during its premiere airing on the Hub on my TV and just.. wow, it was glorious.  The whole ep was, but this scene just... wow.  I was so beyond hype i wouldn't be surprised if I was foaming at the mouth at the time.  You could say that the early fandom's romance with Derpy and this scene in particular and the show's creators' close ties to the community represented by her were some of the biggest things that made me from a simple enjoyer of the quality cartoon Friendship is Magic, to the massive fan I still am 3 and a half years later and will continue to be for ages to come.

I could go on about history lessons, about how every time she appeared from that point on she was derp-eyed lovingly, about the first ever scene MADE FOR HER SPECIFICALLY in Luna Eclipsed:

or of course, THIS, ONE OF THE GREATEST MOMENTS IN PONY HISTORY:

...or her sad departure for a bit, or the weird discomfort of watching Wonderbolts Academy and knowing for sure that Raindrops had been originally intended to be her, or how they snuck her back in for a small but oh so important cameo at the very end of Season 3:

245570__safe_animated_derpy+hooves_upvot

or her triumphant, wonderful return last season:

but who needs any of that?!  Just know that I love Derpy.  I love her a lot.  Like, as much as I love the mane 6 despite her not even having 1/100th of their amount of dialogue or character depth in official media.  I just love her love her love her, how cute she is, how lovable she is, and how important she's been for my personal pony journey and the journey of the fandom as a whole.

I love derpy.  You love derpy.  We all love derpy!

So yeah hi.

• Brohoof 2

I wish I had a Derpy Hooves plush. But the problem is that I have no money to throw around everywhere (Buying PC stuff.) and to rub salt in that wound the accurate ones are expensive and get bid out faster than you can say: "I won the bid!" (Thanks a million Hasbro.)

I guess it's back to drawing some 5 minute doodles of Derpy.

• Brohoof 1

Yes, my favorite non-mane6 pony, the lovable mare I've been following the adventures of since I got into the fandom back when she was naught more than a background pony that everyone had latched onto due to a strange animation error in the first episode. Heck, a lot of people back then even colored her PURPLE since she looked kinda purple with the 'shadow effect' of being further in the background at the time:

img-2904563-1-derpy.png

...I just spent like 2 hours looking all over the internet AND all over my computer for one of those old purple Derpy pics from the end of 2010. It seems that the G-men have come and erased them and probably everyone but me's memory of them, but I swear they existed...! YA GOTTA BELIEVE ME! (And I mean DERPY with a purple skin coat, not the purple-haired lookalike in Winter Wrap-Up!)

...But yeah, I saw her go from just that, to THAT MOMENT WHEN DHX MEDIA WENT BACK INTO A FULLY DEVELOPED EPISODE JUST TO PUT THIS SCENE IN:

I'm guessing it was some other pony, or Derpy herself back in her 'underped' days between her appearance in episode 1 and this one in Feeling Pinkie Keen halfway through the season, but man oh man.. I had only been in the community for about a week and a half at the time this episode aired and it was the first one I ever watched live during its premiere airing on the Hub on my TV and just.. wow, it was glorious. The whole ep was, but this scene just... wow. I was so beyond hype i wouldn't be surprised if I was foaming at the mouth at the time. You could say that the early fandom's romance with Derpy and this scene in particular and the show's creators' close ties to the community represented by her were some of the biggest things that made me from a simple enjoyer of the quality cartoon Friendship is Magic, to the massive fan I still am 3 and a half years later and will continue to be for ages to come.

I could go on about history lessons, about how every time she appeared from that point on she was derp-eyed lovingly, about the first ever scene MADE FOR HER SPECIFICALLY in Luna Eclipsed:

or of course, THIS, ONE OF THE GREATEST MOMENTS IN PONY HISTORY:

...or her sad departure for a bit, or the weird discomfort of watching Wonderbolts Academy and knowing for sure that Raindrops had been originally intended to be her, or how they snuck her back in for a small but oh so important cameo at the very end of Season 3:

img-2904563-2-245570__safe_animated_derp

or her triumphant, wonderful return last season:

but who needs any of that?! Just know that I love Derpy. I love her a lot. Like, as much as I love the mane 6 despite her not even having 1/100th of their amount of dialogue or character depth in official media. I just love her love her love her, how cute she is, how lovable she is, and how important she's been for my personal pony journey and the journey of the fandom as a whole.

I love derpy. You love derpy. We all love derpy!

So yeah hi.

Amazing post! :D

I've never noticed she winked in that scene. I guess not only Pinkie Pie can break the 4th wall...

The 100th episode will focus on background ponies, I hope we'll see Derpy in it. :)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Say Fanclub, could you clear something up for me?

I've seen authors name Derpy, Ditzy Doo, what I want to know is, which is her official name?

That's actually a difficult question... I suppose both are technically accurate? Ditzy Do is the name that came from Hasbro, but it was changed during the initial showing of "The Last Roundup" to Derpy, which was the fan created name... Of course that's when the whole controversy hit over it... The only official Hasbro merchandise I have of her is the brushable from last years Toys R Us favorites pack... It has her listed as (picture of muffin)... Maybe that's her official name? :muffins: Edited by The JLmle

It could be that hasbro doesn't want to stir up controversy so won't officially name her.  To avoid something like happened when they named her on the show and had her being voiced.  Though personally I'd say her official name is derpy since RD called her that.  Though one could say maybe Derpy & Ditsy are nicknames.  Doo and hooves may be part of her real name.  It could be Doo Hooves,  Hooved Doo, for example.  Ditzy maybe was her cloudsdale nickname and derpy her ponyville nickname.

• Brohoof 1

Say Fanclub, could you clear something up for me?

I've seen authors name Derpy, Ditzy Doo, what I want to know is, which is her official name?

Rainbow Dash called her Derpy in The Last Roundup: I think Derpy is her official name while Ditzy Doo isn't.
  • Brohoof 2

A fan club, based on the adoration of Ponyville's ditziest mailmare and the post count hasn't even reached one hundred pages yet?
This is unacceptable and I intend to rectify this at once!
Here's a giant picture dump, celebrating our favourite, awkward klutz-goddess:

That wonderfully innocent face, filled with utter joy <3
my_little_derpy_redux_by_empty_10-d4ztoy

In her Equestria Girls tie.

derpy_in_her_eqg_tie_by_superelectrogirl

stylistic_experiment__hoers_by_l0ve_hate
Derpy is best horse (And I hope I do her justice)

e717a26fdd5596f8f4652df2f5612561-d4fmr79

Too many muffins? ^3^ <3

daffoderp_by_loomx-d4rekb9.png

Daffooderp <3

Edited by Derp My Life
  • Brohoof 4

derpy! my favorite fanmade ponies along with the doctor of course(best paring!)

attachicon.giftumblr_mph50rj4QC1rziyy4o3_1280.png

attachicon.gifderpy_kisses_the_dr__whooves_by_3d4d-d622p5j.png

attachicon.gifimages (26).jpg

Please read the rules on the first page:

"This is the Derpy thread, please only post her.

If you have recomendations for another pony club, go to the hub (linked at the top of the screen)."

Edited by Derp My Life

If you have recomendations for another pony club, go to the hub (linked at the top of the screen)."

I think it's okay since they have Derpy in them! I know we post Rarijack pics in the rarity fan club (along with other ships involving Rarity)

sorry heh heh i will do just thatpost-27609-0-56443800-1407102840.jpg

post-27609-0-81839900-1407102909.jpg

• Brohoof 2

If there's Derpy on the pic, you can post it.

derpy_in_a_box_by_otakuap-d6bya57.jpg

I'm honestly very saddened by the criminally low post rate that this thread has. She deserves so much better...

I agree, that sucks. :( Derpy used to be more popular than that.
  • Brohoof 2

Hello, bubble horse club!

I recently ordered a set of custom Derpy guitar plectrums from the Jim Dunlop company, and I figured I'd share the design here:

Yp7df1X.png

This is what they're gonna look like, with her adorable face on one side, and her cutie mark on the other.
Quantities start at 800 pieces per design, so I'll be getting a whole ton of these.
Won't be running out of picks any day soon. <3 <3 <3

• Brohoof 2

Hello, bubble horse club!

I recently ordered a set of custom Derpy guitar plectrums from the Jim Dunlop company, and I figured I'd share the design here:

Yp7df1X.png

This is what they're gonna look like, with her adorable face on one side, and her cutie mark on the other.

Quantities start at 800 pieces per design, so I'll be getting a whole ton of these.

Won't be running out of picks any day soon. <3 <3 <3

Awesome! That makes me want to play guitar again. :o
  • Brohoof 2