Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Derpy Fan Club

Tomiix

Okay, I have only one thing to say... HER NAME IS DITSY-DOO! Doesn't anyone remember during winter wrap up when one random pegasus said, "Ditsy-doo accidentally flew NORTH to retrieve the SOUTHERN birds!" and then Rainbowdash said, "Ugh! That feather brain! Didn't she learn her lesson last year when she went west?" Besides, the name 'Derpy'  or 'Bubbles' has never been said in the show ever. My case stands. She is Ditsy-Doo. :muffins:  so unless anyone has some definitive evidence that her name is otherwise, please don't hate me.

Okay, I have only one thing to say... HER NAME IS DITSY-DOO! Doesn't anyone remember during winter wrap up when one random pegasus said, "Ditsy-doo accidentally flew NORTH to retrieve the SOUTHERN birds!" and then Rainbowdash said, "Ugh! That feather brain! Didn't she learn her lesson last year when she went west?" Besides, the name 'Derpy'  or 'Bubbles' has never been said in the show ever. My case stands. She is Ditsy-Doo. :muffins:  so unless anyone has some definitive evidence that her name is otherwise, please don't hate me.

She absolutely was named as Derpy in one episode, in the originally aired version of 'The Last Roundup' that sparked the whole Derpygate scandal.  As for 'Winter Wrap-up'. Ditzy Doo was indeed said in that episode, to refer to an off-screen pony that may, or may not, have been Derpy.  So the only time Derpy has ever been addressed by name on screen in an in-universe and canon manner was in the original airing of 'The last Roundup'.  There's your evidence.

Additionally, M.A. Larson was interviewed at a convention panel where he discussed 'Slice of Life', he had scripted the character as 'Derpy', but Hasbro forced him to change it to 'Muffins', even though her name was never used in the episode and only appeared in the credits.  During that interview, Larson said that he sees 'Muffins' as being her nickname, that she is Derpy 'Muffins' Hooves.  Of course all of that was out-of-universe and so probably not strictly canon in the proper sense.

The defence rests its case. :)

• Brohoof 3

She absolutely was named as Derpy in one episode, in the originally aired version of 'The Last Roundup' that sparked the whole Derpygate scandal.  As for 'Winter Wrap-up'. Ditzy Doo was indeed said in that episode, to refer to an off-screen pony that may, or may not, have been Derpy.  So the only time Derpy has ever been addressed by name on screen in an in-universe and canon manner was in the original airing of 'The last Roundup'.  There's your evidence.

Additionally, M.A. Larson was interviewed at a convention panel where he discussed 'Slice of Life', he had scripted the character as 'Derpy', but Hasbro forced him to change it to 'Muffins', even though her name was never used in the episode and only appeared in the credits.  During that interview, Larson said that he sees 'Muffins' as being her nickname, that she is Derpy 'Muffins' Hooves.  Of course all of that was out-of-universe and so probably not strictly canon in the proper sense.

The defence rests its case. :)

If memory serves me, the only reason Hasbro put the nix on the name of Derpy was PO'd parents making a huge stink about it. I actually saw the Episode where Derpy was first called Derpy. to date it and slice of life have been the only two Episodes where she has spoken.

• Brohoof 3

If memory serves me, the only reason Hasbro put the nix on the name of Derpy was PO'd parents making a huge stink about it. I actually saw the Episode where Derpy was first called Derpy. to date it and slice of life have been the only two Episodes where she has spoken.

Indeed.  And the reason she has never been named on screen since then is because they don't want to trigger the parents again, and at the same time they don't want to infuriate the fans that are putting money into the tills because they know fine well that she is a fan favourite.

Even on the merchandise, where every other pony is named on the box, Derpy usually gets a picture of a muffin instead, not the word 'Muffin', just a picture, because they are trying to walk that fine line of keeping everyone happy and if they can't name her without causing a shitstorm then they simply won't name her at all.

• Brohoof 5

• 2 weeks later...