Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Derpy Fan Club

Tomiix

I use "derp" as in something silly. I don't see it as an insult at all! But I guess society can morph anything into an insult. You could call anypony a chair, and that could simply mean something like their dull, they are stiff/stubborn, they are that colour or make, etc. It's extremely upsetting...

Derpy Hooves was an inspirational character for me. Still is, I suppose. I just wish nopony made such a big fuss over her. I'd love for her to become a mane character rather than just in the background. < 3

She shows, in my opinion, that we're all different. Some are clumsy, some have different eyes, some have different speech, but we're all loved no matter what. Isn't our motto, love and tolerance? I don't think we, as a majority, loved and tolerated Derpy in any way to keep her on the show. D: I dunno.

Even after all this time from when I started looking into the whole situation with her when I had first got into MLP, I can still not seem to understand how anyone could add such a horrible meaning to the word "derp". It doesnt make sense to me at all. I have never once used "derp" to even attempt to say that someone either is mentally disabled or have the characteristics of one who does, not even jokingly to friends.

I just hope they allow her to be in the show some more. Hopefully atleast with her derp eyes and original name. I can deal with a changed voice, as I feel like that also had a pretty big part in the whole thing.

Here in Australia we have a great tradition of turning insults into badges of honour. Remember in WWII, the Germans called the ANZACs at Tobruk 'rats' because they were so difficult to dislodge. Well the soldiers took that insult as a compliment, and even today I know two blokes at my local Returned Services League who are very proud to be Rats.

I like Derpy Hooves so much because she fits into this so well. She's a mailmare with a bubbly, happy personality and she doesn't let the fact that her eyes are different get in the way of doing her job.

She also loves muffins. I love muffins. Muffins are awesome.

And get this, on top of all of her AWESOMENESS, Derpy is also patriotic!!! YESSSSS!!!! I salute you Derpy Hooves! :lol:

Posted Image

I dedicate my 200th post to Derpy.

She is too awesome and cute.

Derpy appreciates this thoughtful dedication of yours; just look at how happy you made her! :D

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...

She started out as a simple background pony, who gained poularity as the first season went by. When the second season aired, her fandom had grown exponentially. And when she finally spoke, that catapulted her into my Best Pony catagory, where she resides with Applejack and Luna. Now she faces a third season, and I truly hope all of the ridiculous hooplah that happened during the second season hasn't affected her screen time. I <3 you Derpy! :)

Edited by Ponsiedon

• 1 month later...

I love derpy so much! she is awesome! and i hope hasbro keeps her

but this other forum I am on "I am on a ton of pony forums"  called the " mlp arena forum"  the mods are derpy hooves HATERS! they won't even let you type her name without the word filters turning derpy into 'annoying " or "stupid" hooves! and anypony who likes her is given a hard time. anypony who likes her is singled out by the mods and punished for having a derpy avatar or having anything at all derpy on any part of there profile

if you would like to voice you displeasure at this, please visit here.http://www.mlparena.com/mlp/

• 2 months later...

The Derpy thread has been rezzed after too long and it was good. Seriously though, I can't even begin to say how much I love Derpy. To me Derpy is much bigger than just a background pony, she is a misunderstood character who really represents a great opportunity to reach out to the disabled or even just people who are seen as different for other reasons.

As someone who has grown up with Autism I know what it is like to be accused of many of the things Derpy has been accused of being and it is this that is one of the many reasons why so many people including myself love her and want her to as unlikely as it is to have her own episode,

• Brohoof 2

Our radio show had the definitive Derpy discussion tonight. The opinions were various and sundry. (Skip ahead to 4:00 to hear it.) http://www.livestream.com/theloyalbrony/video?clipId=pla_db2b2f04-f185-46a2-bca6-37e21d7e9979&utm_source=lslibrary&utm_medium=ui-thumb

I'm pretty cool with Derpy. I wouldn't miss her too much if she was gone, I like her in some fanon and her design is pretty good.

post-4258-0-25630200-1362891125_thumb.jpg

Derpy x Doctor Whooves FTW!

Oh, and, Derpy is most defiantly best pony. I hate it when people state that they're bronies, but make fun of the poor pony just because she's a little different. I'm actually writing a fan song for her, just for her, in her point of veiw. ;) And, now, some PonyConfessions...

post-4258-0-03111100-1362891460_thumb.jpg

post-4258-0-33978600-1362891478_thumb.jpg

post-4258-0-01174800-1362891507_thumb.jpg

And some fanart I drew...

post-4258-0-86648600-1362891693_thumb.jpg

Now, keep being awesome, you guys, especially you, Derpy. ;)

post-4258-0-31493100-1362891750_thumb.jpg

cool.png Best thread.

I think derpy is best pony, or ditzy it doesn't matter to me. I really like what the fandom has really done with her, as well as her appearances in the show. Its a lovely "hey we see you" to the fanbase. 

• Brohoof 1

OOO. Derpy Derpy Derpy eh, Derpy Derpy Derpy eh. My favorite pegasi is DERPY (beside RD). I have some Derpy photos for all of you Derpy fans out there.

Alicorn Derpy:

post-11877-0-13904800-1363298149.jpg

Crystal Derpy:

post-11877-0-25537300-1363298095.jpg

Sexy Derpy:

post-11877-0-39557700-1363298132.jpg

Derpy and Doctor:

post-11877-0-25714700-1363298167.jpg

Mad Derpy:
post-11877-0-57668800-1363298207.jpg

• Brohoof 2