Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Derpy Fan Club

Tomiix

I like derpy, shes one of the more recognizable background characters, and she even got her own speaking line thanks to the fandom. I'd say that's pretty awesome.

I kinda think it was an overreaction to think she's offensive, but hasbro did what they had to.

She's proably one of my more favorite background ponies. But I love everypony regardless as I've said before :)

• 2 weeks later...

Derpy needs to be a main character with a speaking role in EVERY s4 episode, with muffin also appearing with her in every episode.

• 4 months later...

It has been a bit too long since the last post on here for my taste, so I found a bit more of everyones favorite muffin loving mailmare.

mlp_portrait_series___derpy_hooves_by_so

mailmare_derpy_hooves_by_eddiedodoman-d5

derpy_hooves_dressed_for_gala_by_drchris

• Brohoof 2

I have to say, as much as I generally don't understand the whole Derpy craze, I do like her overall character appearance. I think her ditzy eyes are actually really adorable as well. :P

I support this though! Just as I support any fan club on here! I can definitely see why Derpy is such a lovable character! ;)

So here are some pics I like to share. ;)

icon_8__derpy_hooves_by_skyline19-d6baoa

derpy_hooves__by_oze_jp-d59i9lt.jpg

Anime Derpy ftw lol

Also, I almost got this adorable Derpy plush on ebay, but I was outbidded at the last few minutes. :(

I would've love to have it.

But yeah, Derpy is amazing! I just want to give her a big hug whenever I see her on the show! ^_^

I don't understand the reasoning behind censoring Derpy. If anything they are offensive by censoring a character just for being cross-eyed, and being a little clumsy, something like that doesn't have to mean a pony is handicapped. I just don't see why they have to hide this character.

• Brohoof 1

I don't understand the reasoning behind censoring Derpy. If anything they are offensive by censoring a character just for being cross-eyed, and being a little clumsy, something like that doesn't have to mean a pony is handicapped. I just don't see why they have to hide this character.

There were a lot of reasons. The biggest was one of the meanings of the term "derpy" is severe mental retardation, and I think one of the show's producers had a child that has down syndrome. While I can understand that..I think their censoring her was more damaging...To me it tells children that its not okay to be slow, clumsy, or disabled..but this is water under the bridge... To me she is still our Derpy..She is the daughter of the fandom..and she will always be.

As I've re-watched the episodes I look for her..Of course my favorite episode is Luna Eclipsed, and this is my favorite scene:

• Brohoof 1

Derpy is not the best pony, but she sure is the best background pony.

I'd give her a muffin.

derpy___muffin_by_leibi97-d55bpej.png

Yeah, that muffin. Her derpy eyes make her look good, if she doesn't have derpy eyes, shes not the real Derpy.

There were a lot of reasons. The biggest was one of the meanings of the term "derpy" is severe mental retardation, and I think one of the show's producers had a child that has down syndrome. While I can understand that..I think their censoring her was more damaging...To me it tells children that its not okay to be slow, clumsy, or disabled..but this is water under the bridge... To me she is still our Derpy..She is the daughter of the fandom..and she will always be.

As I've re-watched the episodes I look for her..Of course my favorite episode is Luna Eclipsed, and this is my favorite scene:

Exactly, She is still our Derpy, And like you said the Censoring does hurt more because children won't understand people that are even clumsy or slow because they are not even allowed to be shown on cartoons.

• Brohoof 2

I just don't see why they have to hide this character.

What angered me most about that was that they claimed to speak for disabled people yet most of them didn't even bother to ask what their opinions on Derpy actually were. Many of them actually liked Derpy and identified strongly with her because even though it is not confirmed one way or another if she is disabled she is seen as different which is something a lot of disabled people can relate to. I have Autism and I not only do not find Derpy offensive I find including character like her to be a positive influence because of the message it sends of that "it is okay to be different."

• Brohoof 2

What angered me most about that was that they claimed to speak for disabled people yet most of them didn't even bother to ask what their opinions on Derpy actually were. Many of them actually liked Derpy and identified strongly with her because even though it is not confirmed one way or another if she is disabled she is seen as different which is something a lot of disabled people can relate to. I have Autism and I not only do not find Derpy offensive I find including character like her to be a positive influence because of the message it sends of that "it is okay to be different."

Agreed, Not the same cartoon but the same thing happened with Looney Tunes. They Censored Speedy the Mouse because the censors said that Speedy was offensive to Mexicans but then Mexicans protested the censorship and got the Speedy cartoons censored. Which proves that like you said, That they should ask the people who they think are offended, If they are actually offended.

I couldn't work out the best place to put this, but I decided here works. Plus it'll be nice to be able to come back to this thread easily :P

I made a thing to put in my clear-backed phone cover. It's not the best picture of it, but I thought you all might enjoy nonetheless:

kpfYjcO.jpg

• Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...

Derpy Hooves was the first side character I fell in love with, and when she spoke with Rainbow Dash, my favourite character by the way, I wanted to fan squeal, and from then on here popularity grew, while the Hub changed her voice to appease some soccer moms, that has not dampened bronies affection for her, and can be reflected in fan art and fan videos, each one marvellous to see as Derpy is kept afloat by devoted bronies. I admit there is something so loveable about Derpy, as she was a fan made character, that was so special that she had a role in season two episode The Last Roundup; I would love to see her on the Hub again, but the fan made videos do much justice for Derpy, and they have my respect, kept up the good work fans, let us not let Derpy become obscure.  

• Brohoof 2

She is one of my favorite characters, everything is awesome with her: personality, color scheme, etc.

And I'm playing a racing video game (sometimes), and I made a Derpy themed car.

XNhEGVL.jpg

I made it as soon as I became a brony. I created another account named DERPYMAIL, and got that Z4, and customized it. Then the game glitched and I lost my first Z4. I later got it back, special edition.

I have some more, if you want to see them.

• Brohoof 2

• 4 months later...

I though derp was just the name for that kind of faces. It isn't really an insult at all.

But yeah, we will mock people till the end of times

Yeah, I just hate mentally disabled people. Me calling her "Derpy" is just my way of showing how much I despise those born with a mental sickness. 

#Sarcasm

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
(edited)

Derpy!....DERPY?!!!

I love Derpy though some ponies get angry when I call her by the Hasbro name Ditzy.

As long as there are Muffins in the world there will be a Place for Derpy....

Except in Atlantis they had the best Muffins evar but they had to get all stingy and become a Lost Civilization...  :okiedokielokie:

Edited by Its Pinkie Pie
  • Brohoof 2