Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How old are the CMC really?

Brook

I think right at 11 or 12 is good. They're old enough to be allowed to make decisions on their own (as strangely as I phrased that), but come on- they clearly aren't teenagers. Or I suppose maybe (if headcannon is correct, that Scoot is the oldest and Sweetie Belle is the youngest) Scootaloo could be the 13-14ish tomboy "bad" influence (though not really), AB is 12 and SB is 11-12ish.

So yeah, Definitely not under eleven, if you ask me.

• 8 months later...

I'm not a big fan of the CMC because I don't really like little kids... I think it's the CMC's voices and their childish behaviour ("Yeah, let's go catch an outlaw!") that remind me of how annoying some preschoolers can be... So even though they clearly go to school and there's so much evidence against it, they still seem around 5-ish to me. I just can't help it.  :confused:

Edited by Merion

Being the last ones in their class to get their cutie marks can imply they are late bloomers. Getting a cutie mark can imply one reaching puberty so take what you will with that.

I would say around 6th grade or so.

Even though the creators never talk about their ages, it may come down to the perspective of the author that made the CMC and their first subsequent episodes. The author's own pubertal experiences could give a clue to where she wanted to put them.

Edited by cider float

Being that it's the end of season 5 I would say somewhere between 11 and 13. They are definitely no younger than 10 by their mentality. Kids younger than that usually act noticeably different.

I'd say somewhere around 12 or 13. As much as they are very childish, I do think that their personalities were fitting of 10 year old children. Now we don't have any true time periods, but I am just gonna make a ballpark estimate from others who have researched if of about 2 and a half years since the show started. So at the current moment I see them as about 12 or 13, just barely into adolescence.

• 10 months later...

I'm guessing that the CMC are around 8 to 11 cause they are real immature to be teens i mean im a teen and i am nothing like them and also we can compare them to the girl on season 6 episode 9 she looks older than them but looks younger than the main 6 so she must be around 13 and 17 which means that the CMC are no older than 11 but are around the time of entering puberty like 9 or 10  :catface:

well that is my opinion ,what do you think??

hehe im new at this but i love it 

I'd say the CMC are 10, Spike is also 10 and the Mane 6 are 20. It's a rough estimation, but it means that the day they all got their cutie marks (and Spike was born) happen around the same time the CMC were born, as the Mane 6 were all roughly the girls' ages at the time.

I'm guessing that the CMC are around 8 to 11 cause they are real immature to be teens i mean im a teen and i am nothing like them and also we can compare them to the girl on season 6 episode 9 she looks older than them but looks younger than the main 6 so she must be around 13 and 17 which means that the CMC are no older than 11 but are around the time of entering puberty like 9 or 10  :catface:

well that is my opinion ,what do you think??

hehe im new at this but i love it 

Unlike most kids , the CMC dont play dolls or doing childish things , instead they are more focused on finding their destiny ( look at the class most of them already got cutiemarks).

Edited by LyricaDreamy

• 2 years later...

I’d suspect the Cutie Mark Crusaders to be born sometime between 2004-2005. Because I was born in 2004, and the way they age in the show is pretty much accurate to how I’ve aged since I was 6 years old in 2010 to 15 years old in 2019. And I think now they’re 15, but when the show first aired in 2010, they were 6. Or they could have been born in 2005, but probably at the start of the year considering that we see how different fillies look at the age of 5 in the episode For Whom The Sweetie Belle Toils. And the show aired at the end of 2010, and now they’re probably 14. 

If I had to guess, I'd say that by the end of the show the CMCs are about 10 to 11. Earlier seasons, I'd say they're 7 or 8.

Edited by Cash_In

I would say that in the first season they are around 7-8(in to whom the sweetie belle toils SB stated that the dream flashback was her fifth birthday party and she is obviously older then that in season 1), and in the final 2 parter they are in their early teens, 12-13 as it seems like at least 5 years have passed)how many heartwarming there were?). In the final episode they are around 30 probably.

Time works in goofy, non-continuous ways on animated shows.  I always assumed that they were about 10ish when the show started, which would have made them 18-19ish when the show ended.  But of course, time stands still for younglings on all animated shows, so they never aged.  Then, we saw them grown up in the look into the future in The Last Problem, in which they were probably intended to be like 30 or something, but in reality, they probably should be closer to 50 or so, depending on exactly how far into the future that scene was, which we can't say for certain.