Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are the Spike episodes really that bad?

AlbinoThunder

I like Spike. I think hes pretty adorable. But IMO, his episodes arent really that great.  I like him better when hes not in the spotlight, like some others said. He can be kind of cheesy when hes in the spotlight sometimes.

I liked a couple though, and dont hate any of them, but I dont love them.

Edited by Pinkie

I've liked a good portion of the spike episodes, but Spike at your Service, the S3 episode and his pet episode, were probably the worst imho.  It was Spike's clumsy servitude to Applejack is what put me off the most.  He faithfully helps out Twilight around the library, meaning he has a level of competency in his job. 

To this day, I still swear the episode should have been about AJ being honest with herself.  Spike should have been so extremely helpful, the hardworking cowpony would think about keeping the purple dragon as her faithful #1 assistant around the farm.  Applejack would go to Twilight, after swallowing her will to keep spike, and begrudingly tell the studious unicorn about her thoughts of keeping him, not to mention how she knows it is wrong yet decideds to be truthful to Twilight, herself, and spike. 

Instead, we got some clumsy little guy who seemed like he barely knew how to string two words together to let him communicate with others, let alone accomplish the single task.   Another thing is if he was so incompetent on how to make a pie, how would he be able to bake a freaking jewel cake for himself in the other episode? (If he hadn't have eaten the jewels in the first place) 

secret of my excess was awesome

dragon quest could've been better, but I still liked it

spike at your service was OK, had a few funny moments but nothing great

just for sidekicks is great if you relax and don't take it too seriously

all in all I like Spike as a protagonist, I just wish the writers would get their act together and agree on how to write his character so we don't have this flip-flopping

i LOVE the spike episodes, i dont know why they get so much hate, there vary well made... i like spike, BUT the newer ones... there not as good.... but i still like them... sleep.png

I thought "just for Sidekicks" was a great episode.  Anyways, I don't dislike SPike nor do I like Spike.  In my opinion every episode featuring him is like a CMC episode.  (Though I love CMC episodes) Spike's are hit and miss.