Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever considered diving into voice acting?

Raita

..did you ever?

I got interested in voice acting not awhile ago from when I started to do fandubs for fun [about, in April 2011], like loads of ppl do nowadays.

then, I started to like it more. and more. and MOAR!

and, like, when it was a late July, I started to think...in school everybody were askin meh what i want to be in the future, and I just shrugged then.

and I thought...if I am not talented in art, may be I can be a voice actor sometime..?

I started to work hard. soon enough, i discovered how i can change mah voice to suit different characters. first it was time-to-time when I could fit voices, then I got better, and then even more better.

everytime I learned smth new about ways I can change mah voice.

when I found out about MLP:FiM [somewhere in October 2011], I tried mahself in dubbin it, without becomin interested in it [but in the end I became a brony anywayz..lol].

as I carried on fandubbin MLP:FiM and Disney's Movies I got better and better all the time.

now, when I watch mah oldest fandubs - I'm seein and feelin the difference. REAL difference.

I can see mah future now. I know I will be a voice actor. for sure!

and, but keep it a secret, another reason I want to be a voice actor is - I want to work at Disney and bring children a smile on their face by new dubbed movies, as they made meh smile when I was a kid.

that's mah boring story, but i just wanted to share it...

Have you ever though about bein a professional voice actor?

• Brohoof 1

Not to be a prick but I could not understand much of the story.

And yes, I have thought about being a VA.

It seems quite fun, being the livley characters they are.

Which is why I have so many roles in the fandub we are creating here.

• Brohoof 1

Voice acting? My guts haven't reached Rainbow Dash status yet to even THINK about going into voice acting.

But something I'd like to do on my own time is to get into broadcasting, mainly on radio. I'm not very comfortable doing any presentations around others but when the only thing people will focus on is the voice, it relaxes me since no one will actually be watching me physically, just paying attention to my voice.

Like you, I was always told that I had a good voice for announcements, so I was kinda happy that people liked it when I got up to do my parts. Unlike you though, I'm not given much freedom as to what I'm allowed to become in life. :P

On occasion. But I can't change my voice worth a damn. I'm a decent actress... or I like to think. But the voice changing is where it gets me. I do some projects mainly for fun if they don't mind that I can't really change my voice, but I really probably wouldn't consider it a career.

Honestly I've always had a secret passion to be a VA but I never really told anyone because come on the idea of voice cartoon characters for money usually gets you some strange looks and a few giggles. That and I really, used to, hate my voice. My voice has always been deep and not in anyway feminine, that always got me weird looks at school on the first day when I would first talk.

Honestly that mainly changed when I tried out for the Mayor for the abridged series we're doing here. Now not only am I being more courageous and actually talking in school but I'm trying to push the limitations of my voice. I've actually gotten a lot of positive feedback from family, friends, and some of you guys. I am going to try to get some jobs as a VA but my main goal is gonna be to become a teacher with VAing on the side. But who knows.

I must say, ive never really thought about voice acting professionaly... I meen, i did a little in the past for multiple school and college projects (they were rubbish, dont inquire ;) ) but ive never thought about taking it further.

Ive always wanted to do a bit of MLP:FiM dubbing for a laugh though, like maybe a song, i just dont really know where to begin with that... For example, what system would i use? Im terrible with computers anyway... Probaly not worth the effort since i just want to do it for fun.

(edited)

Not to be a prick but I could not understand much of the story.

oh, I am sorreh...mah English sucks as hell, especially in the evenings. sorreh.. :blush: Edited by Raita

I would love to be a professional VA if I could, it would be an awesome job! :D I got a part in the MLP Abridged video as Snips so I am happy to be getting some practice.

I was good at doing voices when I was little, but puberty made my voice REALLY deep and its hard for me to pull off some of the stuff that I used to do. I also smoke too wich is not good for the vocal chords, therin I'm slowly losing any talent that I had....Should probably quit. :lol:

I was, in fact my voice sounds like Kip from Napoleon Dynamite (Well, I can make it sound like it) But my voice on camera sounds like a five year old, who just had his genitals removed.

Here is why I'm not a voice actor. Thats my voice, its deep in real life, but on camera (I have an almost ten year old POS camera) sounds shitty, enjoy and run in pain if your ears bleed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTsTM-R41Tc&feature=channel_video_title

Also, I have a habit with my mouth that bugs the shit outta mom, I can't pronounce my R's that good (I don't give a fuck), and my voice is just strange, lets put it that way.

I've thought about it before, and still think about it now. I can't draw for crap, I stink at making music, I'm ok with Digital Graphics, but not all that great, so yeah. Sometimes I'll change my voice to TRY and sound like a particular character, it doesn't always work, but I think its fun. Besides, I've always wanted to meet voice actors/actresses.

It's fine, I am just a bit of a grammar nazi.

understand. I am 2, actually, when it comes to Russian language and some of English. but I still do several mistakes mahself sometimes....

I have actually been giving voice acting a bit of a thought lately. I always change my voice throughout my normal day to day life, and have often been told by people that I am quite good at different voices. One co-worker in particular says this voice I do sounds like Mickey Mouse (Even though it really sounds nothing like mickey mouse, except that it is high pitched >.>) And a few weeks ago at work, I was talking like a cowboy pirate throughout the last hour or so of work.

My parents have recently told me that they thought I would probably get a career doing something like that, as I have always been great with voices. Especially with my ability to fake any emotion in my voice, and make anyone believe it. (Even though everyone knows that I am in a constant state of Happy, 24/7 :P ) I guess voice acting is a talent of mine, but I haven't really given it much though until about two weeks ago. I think I could be good at it, and it's something I would enjoy doing, so maybe I'll give it a shot in the future ;)

I've always liked making voices and acting,

but I would never consider it professionally.

It's hard to get into,

it's very competitive.

and it doesn't pay that well.

I'm already in school for something else anyway,

with benefits, stability, high-paying,

and I suppose that is more what I look for in a job ~

I absolutely love acting, i've been doing it since I was a kid at school all the way to a few years ago when I was at a local Acting Club but then due to work and loads of other stuff I had to do, I had to stop going as I didn't have enough time to audition for anything or even help out back stage anymore which really did suck.

But seeing as i've moved into my own apartment and i'm in a new town as well, there is a Acting Club nearby where I live now, so i'm going to go there and join up to it very soon. :D

My dream career is to be a actor, whether it's either on the stage, TV, VA or even the big screen (but I know that is NEVER going to happen lol XD), acting has been part of my life for a long time and I really want to get back into it because it is so much fun to do, you get to meet some really amazing people and it can also help boost your self-confidence as well. :)

As for doing any VA parts for fan dubs and projects, i've only done one so far which you all might probably know what it is if I say, My Little Pony and Phoenix Wright lol. XD

I only got a very small part in the My Little Pony/Phoenix Wright fan series but it was great to get a e-mail back so quickly to say I got a part in it, I played as one of the extra's on the current part of the seires (Part 2) I played the Guard, the only line I said was "The defense and it's co-council, are to make their way to the courtroom".

If I ever see any other auditions going for other fandubs whether it's for MLP or anything else that I like, I might as well give it a try and send a auidition in because it doesn't matter if you get a part or not, as long as you feel you gave it your best shot that's the main thing. :)

Plus also a lot people have told me that I can do a very good impersonation of Super Mario lol. XD

I would never do it professionally, but I do enjoy VAing and would be more than happy to do it for fan projects. I don't have a decent mic, though, which is why I don't :(