Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever considered diving into voice acting?

Raita

@Stone Cold Steve Tuna I wasn't happy with my voice either, when I listened to myself in the beginning. It took me some time to get used to it. A lot of people think that about themselves, but the voices aren't actually terrible. Some have really unique voices, but end up becoming really popular, in kids shows or maybe as a cool villain. :)I think you can use every voice, if you find the right character for it.

• Brohoof 1

I used to think I was good at voice impressions, but I don’t think I’d be suited for voice work. Some of those people really hurt their throats. Bryce Papenbrook’s throat after recording for one of those scenes in Attack on Titan must be pretty sore, not to mention other voice actors like Robert McCollum, J Michael Tatum, Joel McDonald, Vic Mignogna, Travis Willingham, Kent Williams, Chuck Huber, Todd Haberkorn, or Troy Baker back in the days I’d watch FMA Brotherhood, Initial D, Dragon Ball, or Soul Eater must have needed a lozenge or two

Edited by Eren Jaeger

Yes and I've done pretty good with it. I've kinda stepped away from doing it besides my own videos and dubbing over my own voice (Speaking through a helmet isn't exactly the best). I just haven't found any projects that seem worth voicing for. And, any time I do get cast, the project drops off.

Also, uh, fantastic thread revival

Thought about it for a while until I attended some VA panels and learned that the industry doesn't pay much in America, it's super competitive and you're mostly lending your voice to things like radio ads, answering machines and GPS devices. 

• Brohoof 1

• 8 months later...

For a while there! Trying to find out how I fit in. So many ways I've tried before, but I kept on trying more.... Voice acting is not for me! :catface: (But singing is fun though)

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • The title was changed to Have you ever considered diving into voice acting?