Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Staying with the fandom

Genepool

Will you stay in the fandom  

136 users have voted

1. 1. Yes, no, maybe?

• Yes (Brony for life)
    • No (Gotta know when to fold'em)
    • Maybe (I'll wait and see how it turns out)
    • Discord ate my taco and left me nothing

I will understand if the moderators delete this thread.  There are a lot of ideas and speculation about this subject pertaining to Twilight Alicorn becoming a princess/alicorn, theories/hopes it's temporary, and what not. 

However, all of that aside, who here is staying apart of this fandom even after the final episode airs?

Personally, i've never been prouder to be apart of a fun loving community such as this.  It is kind of sappy, but i've had struggles IRL due to issues.  The show kind of gave me a happy little spark that I really needed.  Now with things proceeding like it is right now, I feel kinda depressed.  But, I am still optimistic about things. 

• Brohoof 4

I am nervous about the whole Twilight alicorn matter as it is one of those things that could either be really good or really bad depending on how it is handled. So for now I am going to sit tight and see what happens, even if the show jumps the shark I will probably still have a presence in the fandom as I love the fanfics, fanart and the community and would still watch re runs every now and then.

You should pop onto 4chan something, man is it ever depressing there now.

but people will continue to flip over something that have not watched yet at least wait wait for the episoad to air. 

honestly with Discord on there side he could just pop a horn and wings onto anypony and take them away why are brony's being so butthurt.

Edited by PonyEcho
  • Brohoof 3

I personally don't like the idea, due to the change in balance of characters. I'm sure the writers have a nice surprise for us. You can't blame the fandom for something such as a change in the show. [Except derpy's name <3] I love this fandom a great deal, so many people with awesome personalities and creativity. I just wish others would open their eyes and see us for what we are. :/

• Brohoof 1

I can safely say, even if the producers do cock up the final episode (I dont think they will, but whatever) I'm still going to remain a part of the fandom. This is downright the best community I have ever been a part of, and I have never felt more accepted anywhere else.

It's actually quite sad, but whenever I get down and think about all the good this community have done, I always get a little teary eyed. 

Besides, i've not actually watched any episode again after S1 E10. I always manage to watch up to episode 10 and then lose interest  :huh:

• Brohoof 1

I like the stuff this fandom makes, so I'm staying. I hope you guys do, too :3
Oh, and I'd like to add that whoever makes decent fan-art of Pinkie Pie is awesome... i need to learn how to draw her!

I'm sure as hell going to stick around. The brony community has given me so much, I could never abandon it now. Besides, I've only been a brony for about two months. It would suck to become a brony, just for all of it to fizzle out a few months later. I'm going to do everything in my power to keep that from happening.

We've made it through worse, I'm sure we can get through this.

http://mlpforums.com/blog/407/entry-2831-the-brony-communitys-future/

• Brohoof 4

While I plan to stay a brony for a very long time, I may get bored at sometime. I mean, Ive only been a brony for a year and a half ish. So meh.

Discord! How dare you eat my taco?!?  :angry:

Ahem. 

34058395.jpg

Not even making Twilight become a princess (although I really hope that doesn't happen) is going to make me leave. 

• Brohoof 1

Alicorn Twilight would not and will not cause me to leave the fandom.  This fandom has done too much for me for me to simply abandon it for a plot decision that I don't agree with (and I actually don't mind the alicorn idea, so that doesn't even fit into that category).  However, I can't honestly say that I will be 'brony for life'.  I'll always remember that I was a brony, and I don't think that I will regret it, but things and people change, and there is still the possibility that there will come a day when I just don't care for this anymore.  Such a day is quite a while away though.

• Brohoof 5

Honestly, I'm a car guy. I'll speak in automobile metaphors! Here we go: 

The Ford Mustang is a classic car with one of the most dedicated fan bases to date, and Ford will always be making their new version of the mustang: Built for enthusiast, by enthusiast. Some people don't like the new mustangs, but there is a heavy following of classic mustangs that will always remain: new designs, custom cars, etc. 

My Little Pony Friendship is Magic has one of the most dedicated fan bases to date, and Hasbro will always be making their "new" version of the show/series. Even if things change, the fanbase itself will most likely end up influencing the show's destiny. Some of you will be future animators and in charge of such things! There will always be a fan base that creates user generated content. 

EDIT: And lets not forget it's not just the simple show that unites us: It's the attempt to try to find meaning, balance, love, and friendship in a chaotic world that keeps on spinning. If nothing else, we can all bond together on that :) 

Edited by Steel Matt
  • Brohoof 7

The only reason to leave the fandom is if other fans become unbearable. Personally, I don't think a change in the show (ie, plot progression-- ie, an unavoidable thing in an ongoing show) is going to cause everyone to become unbearable. There have been plenty of positive opinions on the subject, so it should be 'ite.

Regardless of my stance on the whole matter of whether or not a character change would cause me to "leave the fandom", the fact that people would even consider it despite claims months previous that people 'love it so much that [they'd] never leave' (abridged generalization) that it just demonstrates how fickle people are, regardless of age or membership/investment into the fandom.

I do not subscribe to the notion that a heavy character change would alter the quality of the show from episodes previous. The real change would be from ontological consequences seen in Season 4, which hasn't even been written in stone as far as we're concerned.

I am a brony for life. 

I will always love this show, even if it ends. More music, fanfics, and animations will still be produced by the fandom, and I will always enjoy them.

I don't care what anybody else thinks. This is all me.

I'm still a fan of other shows that have long ended, so why not this one? The episodes may stop, but the fan animation, art, fanfics, etc. are going to keep coming out.

I wholeheartedly agree with hawkflame. I'm still a huge fan of DBZ and that show has been off the air for quite a long time. Even when MLP finally calls it quits, the fans will not be stopped with their high level of raw talent. I guess you could say that I am a "BRONY FO LYFE"  :wub:

Here's a "One does not simply" statement for some of you.

"One does not simply judge an episode that doesn't exist yet."

No matter how much you think about it, you still do not know what's going to happen until it... you know... actually happens.

Also, "change" is a thing. Deal with it.

Edited by DBG
  • Brohoof 21

I have only been a brony for a month. Even if I hate the outcome of this alicorn matter I will still stay in the fandom. Bronies are really nice and this fandom is very welcoming. So I don't see myself leaving anytime soon, maybe even ever

I personally like the fact that Twilight is becomeing a Alicorn. As much as people think the Mane 6 are all main characters, technically, atleast from my standpoint, Twilight Sparkle is the Main Main Character. She was sent to Ponyville, and if she never got sent, the friendship the mane 6 have might have never happened. (Though there is the fact that Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, and Fluttershy were friends before the first episodes events...)

As for staying in the fandom, I dont really leave fandoms... If I love something, I love it unconditionally even if something in the show ticks me off. (Like the last time Finn shaved his beautiful blond hair off in Adventure Time.... I never left the fandom....) Or even if the fandom ticks me off. (Like when the Homestuck fandom got messed up from the whole "Feel so Caucasian" thing in the one update.) I'm also a very big Fandom jumper, and big events in the fandoms I'm part of usually happen while I'm off with another fandom, so I dont usually get the full effect of how peeved people are about something and so on.

So, with that said, I will deffinately be staying in the MLP fandom.

Edited by HayaMika

This is one of those instances that a lot of people will overreact to.  They are judging something that doesn't exist.  I for one will wait for the episode comes out before giving final judgement on it.  Brony for life.

• Brohoof 3

Well this topic makes me a bit confused but anyways, I will have to pick... Neither. None of those alternatives are what I'm thinking. I want to stay in the fandom as long as I can, but when the interest goes away I can't get it back if the show's not still airing.So I'll be in the fandom as long as I can :) If that's a good enough answer

• Brohoof 2

My Little Pony has mean't more to me than just a show, changed me in more ways than anything else had previously  Nothing the do with a character I don't particularly care about, or anything else for that matter, could drive me away.

This show represents friendship, determination, learning from your mistakes, being a good person. It means too much to let go. I ponies worn on my sleeve and tattooed on my thigh, always and forever fellow bronies 

/)

• Brohoof 1