Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

writing (Novel)Atenar: Autumn

Tdroid

I have decided to upload the first book in the book series I am writing, called Atenar. It is set in a fantasy universe of my own making. For those interested they can read the prologue(for now that is the only part uploaded) here. The start of the prologue will be included below, hopefully to spark interest.

He hated meetings like this. They were few and far between, but everyone was followed by months, if not years, of hard work and tough decisions. And loss of lives a voice in the back of his head whispered.
“Greetings, my Lord,” a woman wearing the red and golden armor of the royal guard held open the door for him. He was standing in a narrow corridor made out of white stone. Red banners with the black Imperial Lion-crest donned the walls. “The Emperor is waiting for you.”

“Thank you, sir knight,” he smiled at her and bowed. The Royal Guard was among the most dedicated knights in the Empire and had been instrumental in stopping the Vashan Crisis a hundred years ago. Back then they were known as the Knights of the Phoenix, but after the legendary bird had disappeared they started to call themselves the Royal Guard and changed their insignia.

“High Priest Amiel.” As he entered the Emperor’s council chambers the Emperor himself greeted him. The Emperor wore red and golden robes and an amulet with a large, flawless sapphire.

“Hrondar, your Majesty,” Amiel kneeled before him. “May I ask why you have called me here? I do not wish to be rude, but I am very busy with keeping the Order organized.”