Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Moog's Music Review Station (THIS PLACE ISN'T BEING USED ANYMORE YOU DING DONGS)

Moog the Kvlt

HEY GUESS WHAT GUYS THIS REVIEW STATION IS SUPPOSED TO BE DEAD AND GONE SINCE IT ISN'T BEING USED SO BE PATIENT AND WAIT FOR ME TO START DOING REVIEWS ON MY BLOG

OKAY?

Edited by Moog
  • Brohoof 2

I'm not sure what you like, so I don't really know what to request. I don't want to make you review something you don't even like lol. Plus if you give something I like a bad review, I'll probably ragequit the forums or something lol XD

(edited)

I'm not sure what you like, so I don't really know what to request. I don't want to make you review something you don't even like lol. Plus if you give something I like a bad review, I'll probably ragequit the forums or something lol XD

I'm fine with doing negative reviews

Just as long as it isn't something that's like

Country, Folk, or anything related

That's outside of my usual then I'm fine

I'll try not to be too negative during the review

I usually am not, and I'll even try to point out

Something good within a not-so good album

Edited by Moog Voyager

So, if I just tell you an album to review, you'll listen to it and give it a review?

What about genres? Do you take anything or just specific genres?

In any case, I'd like to see an 'extense' review on one my favorite albums: Abbey Road

I'd like to see what the people thinks about it.

Edited by DeiStar

Ah, this sounds quite cool! Glad someone here is doing this. So, to start you off, I have a request, my favorite album...

img-1132932-1-61XC0P1Q64L_zps730183d4.jpg

T.N.T, by ACDC

I hope you don't have any problems with reviewing this beaute. It's an excellent album, I assure you.

So, if I just tell you an album to review, you'll listen to it and give it a review?

What about genres? Do you take anything or just specific genres?

In any case, I'd like to see an 'extense' review on one my favorite albums: Abbey Road

I'd like to see what the people thinks about it.

I'm fine with doing Abbey Road

And most of my greatest reviews come out of electronic and metal related stuff

Ah, this sounds quite cool! Glad someone here is doing this. So, to start you off, I have a request, my favorite album...

61XC0P1Q64L_zps730183d4.jpg

T.N.T, by ACDC

I hope you don't have any problems with reviewing this beaute. It's an excellent album, I assure you.

I should have seen this one coming

But yeah I guess I can give it a try and see what I'll get out of it

Hmmm...

How about this for my first request:

Train of Thought by Dream Theater

That seems to be my favorite Dream Theater album so far.

I have no reason to say no to Dream Theater

They will be added right on to the currently working on list

Along with Abbey Road and ACDC

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on Tool's 2001 album "Lateralus":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt6jb00PIt8

Sure, it's one of those subjective "experiences"...but it's always interesting to hear other peoples' perspectives on that kind of thing.

Tool? Aww hell yeah

And a nice pick as well

Lateralus is an awesome album

Never thought that I'd be asked to do a review of it

But yeah adding it on the list

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(The spoilers seem to hate me a whole lot)

The Review for Lateralus has been finished

I'll start working on more reviews tonight

Rating: 4/5

Tool are a Hardcore/Metal band that you'd need to have an acquired taste in music to like. They are quite unique and their style would probably be highly difficult to emulate. This is because of the wide ranges of sounds that are used through out their music, at least from the album Lateralus.

Lateralus is an almost abstract album, it contains sounds from the average guitar riffs that you'd expect to hear, with very atmospheric synth sounds blended into the background and sort of "exotic" percussion sounds every here and there, thrown on top of very well done lyrics. Tool are most likely the type of band that doesn't wanna try to follow what their genre is defined as. Instead they take their genre to the next level by adding in various sounds. Tool most definitely have done this in most likely, the best way possible.

The only bad thing about this album is that it can take a few listens before you can really get into it, for some people at least. This is probably because of how it's such a different experience that the album has. It's something that not everyone can really seem to get into, for me though the album itself is unique, has a nice tone to it, and Tool have pulled off what sound they probably meant to create with this album.

Recommended Tracks: The Grudge, Reflection, and Ticks & Leeches

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Train Of Though review has been completed

Rating: 4/5

Dream Theater are known today as one of the most talented and well known Progressive Metal bands. Their style of Progressive has a sort of "love/hate" relationship to it. Usually people either love it, or aren't too big of a fan of it. The album "Train Of Thought" is to me one of the better Dream Theater albums, even though it may not even be half as good as their album after that which was "Octavarium", Train Of Thought definitely had it's shinning moments.

Dream Theater may not have stepped too much outside of the average with this album, but the lyrics and the pure skill of the band definitely would make up for that fact. Train Of Thought is a good example of an album that shows how hardcore Dream Theater can be. The guitar riffs seem to resemble bands like "Rush" and "Iron Maiden" for most people. The keyboard riffs are just about as speedy, if not then more speedy than the guitar riffs, though when you have the keyboardist who holds the Guinness record for fastest keyboard playing then, what else do you expect?

The most creative aspect of this album would have to be the lyrics, which at first listen may not seem like the band's greatest strong point with this album. But the lyrics are well done and add on the feel of the instrumentation in this album. The lyrics are aggressive and angry but not just down-right brutal with absolutely no point at all. There seems to also be a little bit of hate towards religion in some parts of the album, which also adds on to the overall aggressiveness and anger in the album.

Recommended Tracks: As I am, In The Name Of God, and Stream Of Consciousness

Edited by Moog Voyager
  • Brohoof 2

Well it's about time that I finished a review

Yes I have another one done

Don't think that I will ever ditch these reviews

ACDC - TNT is going up

Rating: 3/5

ACDC are well...do I even have to explain who they are? Unless you were born after 1999 then you would know who they are. They're from Australia and at around the mid 70's is when they first started making music. This one is their second album, which took a different direction from their original debut album, making them the big rock and roll stars that they are today.

ACDC were taking a different path from not just their debut album, but from other big bands that were out at around the same time such as Pink Floyd and The Doors. Which is most definitely not a bad thing at all. It actually makes ACDC look more unique, since at the modern stand point this album would seem just basic, average and boring all together.

ACDC are a 50/50 choice for you if you weren't around at the time when their style of Rock 'n' Roll was around. Some may find this stuff cool to listen to, others would find this to be just boring to listen to. I for one wasn't around for when ACDC were making an impact, but I'm not bored too highly with this album, yet I don't really enjoy it at all. The lyrics are a little bit too basic for me to find listenable. Though the guitar riffs and chords can sometimes make up for the basically structured lyrics. The song aren't actually bad, I'v heard way more boring and basic then this album, but I still did find it boring at some parts. Another thing about this album that I have to say about it, is that I personally found it very hard to listen to the entire album, and I frequently took breaks from listening to it, not because of the boredom, but because I found it not easy to sit through completely.

The fact of how ACDC had been one of the bands that was around for the start of the rock 'n' roll evolution, will be written in stone, but ACDC wouldn't be a first choice for me if I felt in the mood for old school 70's music, but I will admit that I kind of enjoyed a little bit more then I thought I would.

Recommended Tracks: N/A

• 4 months later...
(edited)

Review this song!

Review this song!

Review this song!
Review this song!
Review this song!
Review this song!
Review this song!
Review this song!

Oh and here's the full album, silly filly.img-1369822-1-UNZJLhS.png

Edited by AtDawnTheySquee

Now I realize for some reason a lot of bronies don't seem to like them, but I'd like you to review U2 for me. To be more specific, my favorite album Achtung Baby, which I consider to be their magnum opus (I understand many will say Joshua Tree).

Currently trying to find a full album video of it. 

Yay, seeing more peoples opinions on albums that I like. Huzzah

You should review 4x4=12 My Demons by Distance. It's like one of my favorite Dubstep albums of all time

Now I realize for some reason a lot of bronies don't seem to like them, but I'd like you to review U2 for me. To be more specific, my favorite album Achtung Baby, which I consider to be their magnum opus (I understand many will say Joshua Tree).

Currently trying to find a full album video of it. 

Yay, seeing more peoples opinions on albums that I like. Huzzah

You should review 4x4=12 My Demons by Distance. It's like one of my favorite Dubstep albums of all time

Hey guys, this thread is old and I dug it up just to troll Moog. So I don't know if he's going to actually review those albums or not.. Oh boy...

Hey guys, this thread is old and I dug it up just to troll Moog. So I don't know if he's going to actually review those albums or not.. Oh boy...

I did not notice that date gap till now. Whoops happy.png

Well if he does, then cool. But if he doesn't I'm all cool. Not going to be pushy of anything. 

Well if he does, then cool. But if he doesn't I'm all cool. Not going to be pushy of anything. 

I have the review station opened up as a blog now so there is where you can give me requests, though even that one is kind of on hiatus right now as I haven't been in the reviewing mood for a while.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I finally decided which album to request. This one is my most precious jewel in my music CDs collection (so far, I'm still getting even harder-to-get CDs).

Which album am I talking about, you say?!

"God Bless Your Black Heart" by The Paper Chase.

Here you have the album's first single/track. I couldn't find the whole album on YouTube, but it's easy to find a mp3 copy on the web.

And one picture of my CD copy. Just because <3

post-14551-0-04627100-1372374114_thumb.jpg

Ok, I finally decided which album to request. This one is my most precious jewel in my music CDs collection (so far, I'm still getting even harder-to-get CDs).

Which album am I talking about, you say?!

"God Bless Your Black Heart" by The Paper Chase.

Here you have the album's first single/track. I couldn't find the whole album on YouTube, but it's easy to find a mp3 copy on the web.

And one picture of my CD copy. Just because <3

attachicon.gif253703_226797610666823_2375811_n.jpg

This is an old thread that Dawn revived as a joke, it's not in use anymore, and I hd opened up a review station on my blog on this site, which at the moment is not in use anymore, though it'll be going up soon.