Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite Word

Shanks

There are a lot of very interesting words some with multiple meanings and even a few synonyms and some of us have a favorite word. My favorite word is the "F word", because it has a very nice ring to it and is a fairly versatile word that can be used in some particularly interesting ways. There is its literal context and of course as an insult, another way of describing getting ripped off or flim flammed and more. Even though it is my favorite I don't use it all that much because it does lose its power if used too much and there are certain situations where it might not be the best or place for it. So what is everyones favorite word?

• Brohoof 5

Creed. Not just because of Assassin's Creed, but because it unifies people who live by a similar code. A brotherhood of sorts, and a bond that can keep friendships and allies together for as long as you stick with each other.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think I've ever been able to decide on a favorite word until just a few days ago.

Kerfuffle!

It's an actual English word meaning "a commotion or fuss". It's just so fun to say! 

Edited by TheTEChguy27
  • Brohoof 5

Well In english it has to be 

Nantucket

I dont know why but that word just makes me smile each time It comes out of my mouth, Try it... Nantucket... can you feel it... Nantucket yeah there it is.

That’s for English because in Spanish i just cherish so many bad words 

Gratuitous. The word can modify almost anything to make it sound amazing, and it flows so nicely

Gratuitous explosions

Gratuitous fabulocity

Gratuitous magma

Ect.

Side note: Cellardoor, most flowing word in the english language

• Brohoof 2

My absolute favorite word to say Is Maytag. Yes, as in the washing mashing mashines. It's just so fun to say, and it just sounds so cool.

Maytag maytag maytag

My favorite word?

Word.

Yup. My favorite word is 'word'.

The word 'word' somehow starts to lose its meaning if you keep on staring at it ...

Thats actually an explainable mental phenomenon, similar to deja-vu

Prete-vu I think...

Also related- Jamais-vu, having something "on the tip of ones tongue"

Dammit also forgot: Shazbot, amazing word

Edited by Quiles
  • Brohoof 1

Thats actually an explainable mental phenomenon, similar to deja-vu

Prete-vu I think...

Also related- Jamais-vu, having something "on the tip of ones tongue"

Oh, isn't it called semantic satiation or something like that?

semantic satiation semantic satiation semantic satiation

semantic satiation semantic satiationsemantic satiation

Edited by Death By Chocolate

Oh, isn't it called semantic satiation or something like that?

semantic satiation semantic satiationsemantic satiation

No idea but just looked it up, its jamais vu

Presque vu is tip of the tongue

All in the facinating world of the glitches in the human mind

• Brohoof 2

No idea but just looked it up, its jamais vu

Presque vu is tip of the tongue

All in the facinating world of the glitches in the human mind

Quiles, on 30 Jan 2013 - 20:17, said:

"Chris Moulin, of Leeds University, asked 92 volunteers to write out "door" 30 times in 60 seconds. At the International Conference on Memory in Sydney last week he reported that 68 percent of volunteers showed symptoms of jamais vu, such as beginning to doubt that "door" was a real word."

I guess you're right! It's jamais vu.

jamais vu jamais vu jamais vu

jamais vu jamais vu jamais vu

Edited by Death By Chocolate
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well In english it has to be 

Nantucket

I dont know why but that word just makes me smile each time It comes out of my mouth, Try it... Nantucket... can you feel it... Nantucket yeah there it is.

That’s for English because in Spanish i just cherish so many bad words 

That word makes me smile both for that reason and the fact that there are

so many dirty limericks involving that delightful word which usually

start with "there once was a man from Nantucket." My fathers side of the

family immigrated here from Italy so I am partial to Italian swear

words myself though they are pretty close to Spanish swear words.

Anyway this topic is getting seriously way way spammier than I intended but it is fun nonetheless.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 1

I'm going to have to say 'ominous'.  Not really sure why, I just kinda' latched onto it one day and held on to it.  I think it might say something about my character.

o.o

• Brohoof 1

Pristine is a great word, and to me has an extremely 'clean' sound to it; I blame the '-tine'

Other than that, I'm a fan of things like shenanigans, tomfooleryprevalent, and - perhaps most importantly, as a complete and self contained response to anything ranging from mildly amusing to astoundingly stupid,

'wat'

• Brohoof 2

Favourite word, favourite word, favourite word... Hm... I'd have to say that my favourite word would have to be: Pneumonoultramicroscopicsillacavolcanoiosis, which is a 42 letter word just for a coal miner's disease caused by inhaling too much volcanic ash...

• Brohoof 1

Iconoclast, where the hell did I even heard that word? I don't even remember anymore. The only thing I know is that it's been lingering in the back of my mind for quite some time now. I don't even know what it means, but I do love the sound of it

• Brohoof 1

Favourite word, favourite word, favourite word... Hm... I'd have to say that my favourite word would have to be: Pneumonoultramicroscopicsillacavolcanoiosis, which is a 42 letter word just for a coal miner's disease caused by inhaling too much volcanic ash...

Ive always been partial to hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia. simply for the irony of it. It is the word used to describe the fear of long words, and is quite long itself

• Brohoof 4

Ive always been partial to hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia. simply for the irony of it. It is the word used to describe the fear of long words, and is quite long itself

Darn, you beat me to it! Anyway, another one of mine would definitely have to be

Beanie.

I don't know why exactly, it just sounds so....beanie. 

Wanker

Chiefly British Vulgar Slang

1. A person who masturbates.
2. A detestable person.

Aristocracy

a class of persons holding exceptional rank and privileges, especially the hereditary nobility.
a government or state ruled by an aristocracy, elite, or privileged upper class.
government by those considered to be the best or most able people in the state.
a governing body composed of those considered to be the best or most able people in the state.
any class or group considered to be superior, as through education, ability, wealth, or social prestige.

My favorite word, for a long time, was hipottomonstrossesquippidaliaphobia, the fear of long words. No joke.

However, as of late it has become  'kumquat'. Isn't that the funnest thing to say?! I would work on a kumquat farm just so I could say 'kumquat' all day! Kumquat, kumquat, KUMQUAT!

I'm so original :3

• Brohoof 1