Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite Word

Shanks

I think my favourite word would have to be Penguin. For some reason, it's really satisfying to speak aloud. Penguin penguin penguin... plus, penguins are great animals in of themselves.

Mine, when I was younger, was "brouhaha". Still pretty awesome.

I remember reading it in some old novel of my mothers when I was four or five and I wouldn't stop saying it.

Now? I have a few, but they're all in other languages. It English, maybe "stoichiometry".

Edited by Asuka Langley Soryu
  • Brohoof 2

My favorite word is esoteric. For a variety of reasons.

1. I actually didn't know the word. I've always had a large vocabulary, and never learned any new words at school. That makes words that I don't know all the more interesting to me.

2. Esoteric jokes are best jokes.

3. Not many people know what esoteric means, therefore, the word esoteric is in fact... Esoteric!

Edited by UrdiePie
  • Brohoof 1

I guess the requiem would be my favorite. I just like the way it sounds and the musical aspect of the word. 

Second favorite word would definitely be shenanigans because I like to call them.

• Brohoof 2

personally, my favourite words would be shuttlecock (am i allowed to say that? its a badminton birdie, for anyone who doesnt know)

and discombobulated and conundrum.

oh and i also like hippopotomonstuosiquippadliophobie. shoot. thats the fear of long words (french spelling. for a while i could spell it, but now im afraid hat i might have messed up a couple of letters) oh well.

• Brohoof 1

my favorite word besides the f word would have to be Skulduggery. whenever i use tht word i feel like an olden time scottish man. heres a fond example:
me walking with my friends"so where are we going?"
them "you'll see hehe"
Me yelling at the top of my lungs "what sort of skulduggery is afoot?!"
them "da hell?"

• Brohoof 2

My second favorite word is obese. I don't know why. Being overweight isn't funny or anything, but for whatever reason the word is really fun to say. It just has a nice sound to it.

I've always been a fan of the word arcane. Everyone always assumes that its can only refer to D&D and such, but it has legitimate every day uses. Why just today I had to look up some arcane FORTRAN code from the 80s. Luckily my friend managed to obtain a copy of it.

Another great word is botched. As in, wow you really botched that experiment, now we need to go find the old FORTRAN code that might be able to salvage some of this data.

Edited by Cowl
  • Brohoof 2

Hm, I don't know really. My french teacher said her favorite word in english was bumblebee... I mean seriously, it just sounds adorable. So that wordis the only one I can think of as my favorite. :3

Bumblebee

Edited by Shaky Novel
  • Brohoof 1

• 6 months later...

Night becouse the word sounds nice and it is the best time of day to walk in the forest, desert and big cities

best of all is the total scilence everywhere it is soo relaxing and beautiful.  :yay:  yay

Being an amateur writer who really loves the English vocabulary and as well as poetry, it is very difficult for me to come down to choosing one amazing word that I favor the most.

But If I had to choose just one, I suppose I would go with: Ethereal.  :D

It's an adjective and it can be used to describe something that is "delicate and light in a way that seems too perfect for this world."

It can also be used to describe something divine, spiritual, and heavenly.

I love how poetic and beautiful it sounds when used in the right context. 

• Brohoof 2

"Superfluous" is my favourite word :) I'm not really sure why, I just love using it. It's fun to say :lol:

Soo-per-floo-uhs!

Somepony said "ominous" too, that's a pretty nice word as well :)

• Brohoof 4

My favourite word has to be Haberdashery it's always fun word for me to say for some reason.

Another word I really like is Toque, which is a Canadian term for what everyone else calls a beanie. I always found it hilarious when I lived down in the US for a brief duration, and I asked for a friend to pass me my toque. I swear he thought I was crazy.

• Brohoof 1

my favorite English word is swiftly, i just like the way to rolls off the tongue. my second favorite has to be evil, because backwards it is live, i just think its a cool word.