Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite Word

Shanks

Goosebumps

Isn't it cool? You bump gooses around and you get that chilling feeling behind your neck. To this day I'm still curious on how they can came up with goosebumps to explain that sensation.

Edited by Starshine
  • Brohoof 1

Circumgyrate!~ 

I means to roll, or turn around. I never knew about this word, until I ran across it on a package of a bootleg Winnie The Pooh toy..But...I've loved it since I saw it.  :derp:  Thank you, Mike Mozart.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

ok,

Bucking, buck, sexy, Sugar Daddy, Ironic, Irony, sun.

Ah those are the only ones I can think of anyway, sure they some words that should not be said to much.. well sexy is fine and so is Sugar Daddy.. mmm just saying that word makes me think of him...

I like the word antidisestablishmentarianism. It's just a big fancy word that is pointless at this point in time, but it's fun to use in conversation when someone refers to a word such as "parched" as a big word. 

Meh favorite word... I'd have to say my favorite word is : Kumquat. It is also Pinkie's favorite word, and if Pinkie loves it becasue it's fun to say, who couldn't love it?

Kumquat

Edited by Pixelated Awesome

You all have got such deep, elaborate reasons why your favourite word is your favourite word.

And than there is me, just throwing magnificent in the debate, without any particular reason...

I have a few that I can think of, one just isn't enough...

Sophistry - Love how the word sounds and it's quite useful

Perpetual - Love how the word sounds

Succulent - Love the sound and it brings strong imagery through the word alone.

Out of all those though, Succulent has to be in my top 3. When I hear the word, I instantly think of deliciousness (so long as it's not an advertising ploy.)

• 1 year later...

I don't think this topic has yet been made, soooo... What is your most favourite word? You can put an answer why as well, if you'd like.

I dunno why, but I've been very fond of the word "circumgyrate" for a few years now. It means to rotate, pretty much. I also have liked cephalopod and illumination this week. 

Edited by Tual
  • Brohoof 4

Do country names count? If so, then my favourite word would have to be Turkmenistan. Because... well read the name. It's so random! :P

If country names don't count, then my favorite word would probably have to be Discordification.

For those of you who don't know what Discordification means:
Discordification: The process in which a person/pony is put in a state where their psychological emotions are turned upside down, and become the opposite of who they normally are. Discordification also turns the person/pony monocolor.

Years ago my family bought a pet budgie, and later I learned the full word was "budgerigar". Such a great word, I don't know why. I guess just looking at it's wonky little face and saying "budgerigar" for some reason .. it was hilarious. I really don't know why.

heh heh .. "budgerigar". Budgerrrrrrrigarrrrrr.

Okay, it's probably just me.

• Brohoof 3

"Moist". I don't know what it is about that word but it just sounds weird and nice all at the same time. (Why has this word never been featured on Sesame Street? LOL)

I'm also a big fan of "moist". Weird.

My favorite word is probably "dingus". 

• Brohoof 2

I used to really like the word "Extreme", but then it got overused horribly by everyone.

Now I think my favourite word is "debauchery". say it in the right tone of voice, and it sounds like what it means.

• Brohoof 1

I like pretty much every word in Finnish; they're all so much fun to say :P. One in particular is "Kevätjäälle" which means "ice in the spring" :derp:.

I don't have any favorite English words since English words have gotten a bit boring to me.

Edited by SparklingSwirls
  • Brohoof 2