Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

why did you start drawing

Fanglore

hey everyone

i was working on a new drawing when i started to think about why i started to draw in the first place.

that brings me to this topic why do you draw and why did you start to in the first place. finally in the end what dose the art you create mean to you.

for me i started as a pass time. it was something i could do in class well the teachers just rambled on. well as i started to be able to actually do some decent pics. i realized this is a good way to get the things i see in my head out into the open so others can see it to. in the end my art to me is a medium to get the story's and people i have created out of my head and into the world 

btw what is the pic your most proud of (it don't have to be an mlp one) plz post it with your comment 

post-11568-0-76634900-1359625577_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Well, I wanted to contribute something to the fandom. Eventually, I could actually... well draw, and my art generally gets to EQD, provided it's not OC. :P

As far as picks I'm proud of... there are three. The first is my most favorited  but is quite old, the second is just awesome looking, and the third is the most recent I've done.

stained_glass_by_urdeh-d5nihqj.png

cloudchaser_flying_by_urdeh-d5r9u6t.png

knocked_out_showmare_by_urdeh-d5stkau.pn

• Brohoof 1

Well, I wanted to contribute something to the fandom. Eventually, I could actually... well draw, and my art generally gets to EQD, provided it's not OC.

As far as picks I'm proud of... there are three. The first is my most favorited  but is quite old, the second is just awesome looking, and the third is the most recent I've done.

stained_glass_by_urdeh-d5nihqj.png

cloudchaser_flying_by_urdeh-d5r9u6t.png

knocked_out_showmare_by_urdeh-d5stkau.pn

wow that's cool. you know what its actually amazing artwork like yours that made me want to start to draw ponies and create my own stories to go with them  

I'm not much of an artists, but I do know for a fact that drawing is a small hobby of mine xP I just started to draw out of sheer boredom, and I eventually got better at it, although I haven't drawn anything for a long time so I'm probably not as good as I was before. I don't exactly have a favorite drawings but I'm mostly proud of the very first drawings I started when I was younger because that was the beginning of my better drawings xP

Around the same time last year I made started this strange little art project in which I made a really trippy Sonic and MLP crossover. I had to draw some of the ponies for actual characters and what not, so that's just how I started. Here's a couple screenies, I guess.

post-3194-0-66698000-1359650528_thumb.jpg

post-3194-0-20723500-1359650530_thumb.jpg

post-3194-0-46648700-1359650531_thumb.jpg

post-3194-0-61802400-1359650532_thumb.jpg

This was the last boss, btw.

Edited by Lord Bababa

I was way too young when I started drawing to know why I did it. My earliest memory was when I was 7 or so. I had just bought a new toy, a Fairy Tail (a relative of My Little Pony back in the 80s) and I just felt I had to draw her. That's the first time I remember doing an actual drawing of something, and trying to do it right. Not just kiddie scribbles.

It's kinda been that way all my life. I draw because I need to. I see something and I need to draw it. I get an idea and I need to draw it. Whenever I catch myself breaking down the things I see into lines and drawing them in my head I know it's time to break out the sketch book.

Unfortunately I don't seem to have any drawings on this computer to share. I'll have to get to work on that. 

Hahaha, I haven't really drawn anything good enough to be proud of yet. But what got me started on drawing was accually mlp fan art. I wanted to do a cover art for my story, and got a few tips on how to draw ponies better. I've only been at it about a half a year, and it is slowly getting better. Perhaps I will post a pic when it's completed.

• Brohoof 1

For me, drawing ponies was something that just naturally lifted from enjoying the show.  I loved the design and brilliant choice of colors, and from then on I became more and more inspired to draw mlp-related art.  By now, most of what I draw is just mlp stuff.

I didn't really draw at all before MLP:FiM. I decided to give it a go after being inspired by the fandom. I wanted to give a little something back.

I do a bit of both vectoring and traditional sketches. These are the three works I am most proud of.

Vinyl pin-up-style

stupid_sexy_vinyl__by_stratopegasus-d5qx

Pinkie Pie singing "Big Rock Candy Mountain" to the CMC around a campfire.

pinkie_pie_cmc___the_big_rock_candy_moun

Ponified Jack Donaghy from 30 Rock.

30_rock_ponies___jack_donaghy_by_stratop

I'm a bit busy in college, so I don't get to draw as much as I'd like. But a little bit is better than nothing. :)

I used to draw very good, but that was years ago.

I am currently tryin to earn my skills again. Why? For fun. I don't have the skills and materials to pull of what others have done right now, but I may never know until I try. Though I think I may just draw for my own amusmant. If I do end up posting my work that will be when I'm really good, are at least decent enough.

Though right now I'm starting to make a plan for my first eve fan-fic. I'm still in the planing stage though. I still have to think of things to fit in certaine areas, but so far I'm progressing. Soon I will begin writing and hopefully things will go well

Wish me luck

:)

• 5 years later...

I draw because it's a natural instinct I inherited from my artistic mom. I don't always draw because I want to, I draw because I have to. It doesn't feel right if I go too long without art. It's also a privilege to have a share in an act of creation. The process of drawing is often more important to me than the final product, which usually gets tossed into storage or given away as soon as it's finished.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know why I draw, maybe it's just a way for me to spend the time??  It could also be because I heard the saying, "If you don't see what you want, make it yourself".  It might sound foolish but I would like to make my own comic at some point and I don't feel that my art is the right level, currently, to do so.  I think I really need to get art classes, I hate most of my art.  I really want to be better but it feels like that's taking too long...  Anyways, here's some art that I'm not that mad at... 

The first one was a belated Christmas gift for my auntie.  I think I did a good job on the skin for once!  The shading is a bit off but I didn't want to spend much time on their hair, I really like the gold flecks on her skin!!  Her name is Cassie, my aunt named her after a nickname one of her brother's gave her when they were younger. 

Kasin is my apprentice from the mobile game The Arcana, I HIGHLY suggest this game!!  Kasin(from my own hc anyways) is from The Fields of Herrakesh, their sclera is naturally a dark grey.  Kasin's people don't really understand why their sclera are that colour but they are, their main source of income are these flowers that are said to live for a year once cut.  Ladies of the court like to braid them in their hair as they are very fragrant.  Thankfully, these flowers also grow like weeds in certain spots near rivers, it is said that these flowers were specifically blessed by their Goddess, Herra.  Kasin also romances Julian Devorak in the game.

Leeza is a character from the story I'm brainstorming, the main inspiration for them was Sevdaliza I liked how her face looks both masculine and feminine at the same time.  Leeza came from a small tribe past the ocean that doesn't believe in gender roles, they prefer androgyny.  Leeza recruits the main character into a secret organization after the main character loses almost everything.  Leeza is my favourite character so far even though I haven't really spent much time on them...  

Cassie gift for Auntie.png

Kasin attempt.png

Leeza concept.png

Edited by Thuja
The images loaded in a way I didn't expect, so I fixed it!

I started drawing random things in scrapbooks when I was three. Mostly cars back then, but I always found it interesting to be able to bring life to anything you could imagine.

I started drawing so young that I'm not actually sure what fascinated me in the first place. :D I think it was just the simple desire to create colorful images and possibly make visions in my head appear as "real" pictures. Nowadays I'm not trying to achieve anything huge by drawing as it's more just a fun activity that I occasionally do. Drawing things just for the fun of it, and sometimes for seeing possible improvement, is rather relaxed and relatively rewarding in the end too. Especially since I like to make "a little bit something" for my friend for her birthday - seeing her happy about it makes everything worthwhile!

• 1 month later...

I watched so many cartoons, anime and played a lot of video games as a child that when I ended up getting these ideas in my head that I wanted to put on paper, of course, I had to practice a lot

I don't know. I just know that drawing was one of my earliest interests. But eventually I realized I sucked at it just like everything else and stopped.

• 6 months later...

I started drawing mostly for something to do and kept drawing because I find it relaxing and fun, I'm not very good at it though.

I've only done a few pony drawings though, most of my drawings are pokemon related. One of my better drawings is probably this one of Tikal and Chaos based on the ending cutscenes of Sonic Adventure:

C6FOWMA.png

• 2 months later...