Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Brook Interviews Forum Members: The Series

Brook

Now this is an interview all about how ScootaMoog is the best right now and I'd like to take five minutes just sit right there, I'll tell you about anything you want because I don't care. Actually this is just an interview with him.

If you wish to be interviewed reply to this thread here.

Questions are underlined, answers are in bold-italic.

1. When did you first discover the show, and what made you decide to join the fandom?

I don't know I was just digging around on e621 when I came across some pony pics, then youtube videos and then tumblr blogs, and then.....you guys get the point now. But anyways I was curious and looked up clips from the show and all of that stuff, and then I though "Okay f**k it I have nothing else to do, why not actually watch the damn show to get the full experience, and then at first I though "HOLY F**K OMG DIS IZ A GREATEST SHOW EVAR!!!" and then it started to die down from me and now it's 50/50 with me. So basically I found the fandom first, then the show. I joined the fandom because...well why the hell not?

2. Why is Scootaloo your favorite pony?

Oh I saw this question coming from a mile away, surprised you didn't ask me why I hated Pinkie Pie so much, but oh well here's my reasons:

1.She's Scootaloo

2.She's Scootaloo

3.She's Scootaloo

Okay, I'll be serious with this. She just is over all quite the adorable character. The way she looks up to Rainbow Dash is just something that I love, and really think is a good quality for her to have, and she's simplicity done in such a greatly done format. It's hard to make a character have as much screen time as she does with little development. They've pulled it off with Scootaloo since she doesn't have any sort of development, but she's also enjoyable. But then again I like CMC more than the Mane 6 so this might just be easy for me to say.

Also she has a nicely done character design....just like what every fanboy of a certain pony thinks of, nothing fascinating about this reason at all.

3. Is there anything about the fandom that you would change if you could?

Well no, not at all. Even though there are things in the fandom that I disagree with or don't like (Clop hate, ponified words and other things) I wouldn't change a thing. Different people have different thoughts, and with different thoughts comes different opinions so do whatever you want, I couldn't care more or less about it.

4. Do you wish to be a famous brony, on that sets the marker for the fandom?

I don't care about fame at all. It's nice to have, but if I end up remaining the way I am right now then I'm fine with it. Though I will admit that I would like to be the one brony musician who gives people a different outlook on the music with in the fandom. Every single electronic musician in the fandom seems to think that it's either some supersaw trance chords or just plain old WUB WUB WUB WUBZ (not that I have any major problems with that stuff), honestly electronic music is more than just that, are you guys forgetting about Industrial/IDM/Ambient type genres? I'd also like to make it electronic band, I'll either name it The Believers or Maratime Oceans. Of course our lyrics would not be obvious to spot out references, it would be very metaphoric and descriptive, but maybe I just want the band's lyrics to be like that because I like to write poetry so much.

5. Do you feel like you contribute enough to the fandom, if at all, and do you wish to contribute more?

Never even thought about contribution to the fandom. I just watch MLP and I like it, and I hang out in the fandom. Other than experimental electronic music and maybe some art too I wouldn't even bother contributing to the fandom at all.

6. Do beetles battle better in butter?

Uhm.....ponybutt....I don't know what else to say.

• Brohoof 6

(edited)

I interviewed this wonderful fellow, who goes by Alfonzo Dennard

If you want me to interview you, reply to the sorting thread saying so.

1. When did you first discover the show, and what made you decide to become a full-on brony?
I always love telling this story! I didn't start watching the series until very late December of 2011, though I did start noticing its widespread popularity around November. The process of me becoming a full-on brony was a rather long one as I didn't dive into it immediately. The sites I frequented at the time had their big share of pony stuff however, and it was hard to ignore all the commotion. Unlike the average Joe I actually found the image macros and memes to be pretty funny, so the common nuisance to anyone else was a silly pleasure of my own. One of these sites was called Funnyjunk and at the time I was not a registered user. On the evening of December 30th 2011, I found a comic on funnyjunk which struck me as intriguing -- not only did the characters look very nice, but the message it gave out gave me a great impression of what they're like right away. Before I knew it, I finally went over to youtube and watched the first seven episodes of season one that night. Surprisingly enough I enjoyed all of them, especially "Griffon The Brush Off". I laid off on the series for two days before marathoning all of season one the following Monday.

2. Who is your favorite character in the show, and why?
My favourite pony in the series is Twilight Sparkle. As a rookie to the series last year, it was a tie between Rarity and Pinkie Pie but now it's Ms. Sparkle! She's keen, intelligent, kind-hearted, beautiful, calculated, reasonable, and diligence to both her friends and her studies is second to none. She truly is one of the best role models you can come to see from a fictional character and then some. Oh, did I mentioned she has stunning eyes?
post-6532-0-89322000-1360333440.png

3. If you could change one thing in the show, what would it be?
The show's fine just the way it is. I wish I could nitpick on every single little thing I might happen to dislike, but in the long run, they're essential for developing the characters we all know and love and that's what it's all about! What I like about MLP is that it's nice to be able to sit down and enjoy something that's just cute and friendly, with all the focus going towards violent video games and dramatic things of the sort, it's a really nice change of pace.

4. Do you enjoy fanfiction? And if so, what is the best fanfic you've read?
I do enjoy reading fanfiction from time to time. At one point in 2012, pony fanfiction was all I ever could get my mind into! The interest has waned over time but I nonetheless enjoy a good read once in a while. As for the best fanfic I've read, "False Traitor, True Hero", a romance fanfiction starring you (2nd person) and Fluttershy with the humanized mane six was a blast. I'd recommend it to folks who love Fluttershy dearly and are into the action and romance genres. Pretty despicable villain, too!

5. If the show went downhill, would you leave the fandom?
*laughs* I'll say this first to start off: the hallmark of being a loyal fan is to stick with anything through thick and thin. Often times however, it's natural to just lose the interest and become detached from whatever it is you were a part of. There's nothing wrong with that, just like there's nothing inherently wrong with developing an affinity for something else. Fandoms are no exception, but unless I lost interest in the show because it's quality went downhill, I wouldn't leave something so magnificent as bronydom. Sure, it has its downsides like every other fandom, but if you can persevere and disregard all the nonsense that comes with it, you're part of something truly fantastic.

6. How much does a smurf cost?
Apparently, as low as four dollars! It might be a good investment.

Edited by Brook
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)

This interview is quite special, because I made most of the questions based on the first, and because Nightfall such is a bro, he's chill.

If you want me to interview you, reply to the sorting thread saying you do.

1. When did you first discover the show, and what dragged you into the fandom?

I had heard about the show before, but wasn't fully interested for quite a while. Then, one night, around the time I should have been in bed, I was listening to my (then) favorite song. Every time I listened to it, a PMV would come up in the suggested, despite me never having seen anything from the show before. So that night, I clicked on it, and half way through, I was almost laughing. My younger bro. kinda liked (and still kinda likes) that song, so I showed it to him, and at the end, we looked at each other and said that next chance we could, we were gonna watch the show.

So the song kinda started it all. What hooked me was the fact that it was (and is) quite a good show, much better than  had expected. And just like everyone, I was hyped for the Royal Canterlot Wedding.

The unfortunate side of the story is that I've lost most interest in the show. I haven't seen anything from Season 3 yet. Maybe I'll get Seraphim to watch an episode or two with me during our break at college... :3  :lol:

2. Who's your favorite character from the show, and why is that character your favorite one?

I have two favorite characters: Pinkie and Luna.

They're my favorites because they're so cute! I wish I could give both a hug...

As for choosing one over the other, I mostly can't. There are a few Pinkie days, and there are a few Luna days, but most days are Both days. :3

3. Why have you lost interest in the show? And do you think you'll ever regain that interest?

I lost interest because I generally lose interest in things that have a long hiatus, or things that don't have new other things for a long time, if you know what I mean. (There is an exception: TopGear UK. That's another interview, though.  ;))

Will I regain interest? That's actually a good question. Personally, I don't think so, but you never know. If the show takes an interesting twist (like a HUGE one that makes everyone's minds blow up), maybe I'll watch that episode. Maybe that could spark my interest again. But who knows?

Follow-up question: Alicorn Twilight is kind of a big twist, will that help? Will you at least watch the S3 finale?

I dunno. It depends on the hype. If I think the clips will make me want to watch the show, maybe I will.

But who knows?

4. What is your opinion on the "dark" side of the fandom? (I.E. rule 34, gore fanfiction, you know the shtick)

Dark side of the fandom...

I don't want to sound like a preacher, but there is no real "dark side" of the fandom in my eyes. If someone likes R34, no one should stop them. If gore is popular, then so be it. Those who don't like those should then just do their best to avoid such things.

I'm not saying everyone who says there is a dark side is wrong. I could be wrong. But if there is no laid out plan for the fandom, with certain sections in the dark, then it's all personally preference.

5. Since you only really have the fandom itself to hang on to, has there ever been a moment where you wanted to just quit it? If so, how did it get to that?

Nope.

I've never really wanted to quit the fandom. And honestly, I'll I have to thank for it is this forum. Feld0 and his chicken have made this site easy to use, the mods have made it safe, and the users have made it friendly. This forum has got me held fast to the belief that bronies aren't out of the norm and aren't extremely weird. Sometimes you get crazy days where users like Haven and Vissy and Starshine and a few others go bananas, but those are the fun days.

Other users keep me in by art. I love pony art. And there are so many good artist on this site, including the late Dizzy Ditzy Do!, Ariona, Octavia's Cellozoid, and many others.

6. What do you predict in the fandom's future?

The fandom, I expect, will be overjoyed to have Season 4, and will be just as excited if a Season 5 will come out. I'm sure the fandom will hold together for at least two years beyond the end of the show if a Season 5 doesn't exist, and I'm sure the more seasons the show gets, the longer the fandom will exist beyond that season.

My predictions. Don't be so sure I'm correct, unless I am. Then feel free to quote me on that and give me credit.  :lol:

Oh I will, trust me ;)

7. Bro, you gay?

Uh. No.

Most definitely not.  :lol:

Of course he isn't. I have recorded proo-uh, nothing.

Edited by Brook
  • Brohoof 5

Well these interviews are really interesting. I can't wait to see more interviews.

Then when I get interviewed, all will be revealed. :)

Orly? Everything will revealed will it? I'm sure this will be an interview for the ages. Hope you actually get interviewed soon, if you've not been already that is.

• Brohoof 1

Wow...it seems as if people are enjoying this interview from me

And it was nice being interviewed by you my good sexy Brook

I feel quite warm and fuzzy on the inside for some reason

Oh Moog it's okay, we all know you're gay and we accept it. Don't deny it, I know you like the dick. Love you too Moog. Blahblahblah characterlimit

An interview with the lovely poet, TheBronyHeart.

If you wish to be interviewed, reply to the general sorting thread saying you do.

Questions in underline, answers in bold-italic.

1. When did you first become a fan of the show, and what drew you into the fandom itself?

Well, if my memory is correct, I began watching My Little Pony Friendship is Magic sometime in early November of 2011. I believe it was on the weekend when the episode "Secret of my excess" aired.

My best friend had invited me to come over to his house and stay for the weekend, which was an oddity for me. I was quite introverted at the time. To be honest, it was the first time I had ever even gone over to a friends house.

Now, at the time, I had never heard the term Brony before, and I wouldn't have been able to tell you the difference between My little Pony and Littlest pet shop. I had no knowledge of the show or its fanbase. But, while I was there, my friend confided in me that he watched the show. I honestly had no idea what to think. I was really skeptical of the idea, but, I kept an open mind. When he offered to show me some clips, I accepted. I only remember two videos he showed me, one being "My Little Pony with censor bleeps" and the other of a clip from the season one finale when Fluttershy charged into the ballroom and shouted "YOU'RE GOING TO LOVE ME!!!". Both of these videos gave me a good laugh, and my curiousity got the best of me. After I went home, I immediantly got to work finding episodes of MLP. At this time, i would like to point out, I have never owned a computer. I went without the internet (Aside from school computer usage) until my 16th birthday when I recieved a Playstation 3.(Which has internet browser.) So, all I had at that time was an xbox which also had youtube. Anyway, i started watching the show.

The first episode was, okay. (well, it was actually the second episode, but I was unable to find the part 1 episode at the time.) I was captivated by the story.

The next episode was great, all my skeptic thoughts were vanishing. This was a good show.

Before i knew it, I had watched all the episodes that had currently aired. I was really loving it.

Again, i had little to no internet access, so I was unable to really learn about the fandom for MLP. I knew that there were other people out there who watched the show, i just had NO IDEA how many actually did. But, yeah, for a long while, i kind of felt alone about it. That lasted for a couple months until i stumbled upon a video made by the Brony "Saberspark". His video, "The Ballad of the Brony" is what got my attention. I learned that there was actually a large following, and I adopted the terms Brony, and Love and Tolerate. I began to find and listen t o brony musicians, and look at brony artwork. it was all really inspiring and truly amazing. There were so many people that were really passionate about this show and their work. But, what has really kept me extremely close with this fandom is the amount of caring, kind, and accepting individuals. I was proud to be a Brony.

2. Who is your favorite character from the show and why?

I really like several ponies for several different reasons. I won't ever be one of those people who has to point out every five minutes that "(Insert Pony's name) is best pony!". In a way, i like just about all of them equally. Though, I do suppose I like a few more than the rest.

It is a tie between Applejack and Twilight Sparkle.

I like Applejack because of her strong character. She is a kind, caring individual, who is... well... honest. She is quick to help others but is reluctant to accept help for herself, which is a lot like me. So, i am sure that her stubborness is also like me  :P

As for Twilight... well.. she is intelligent, she over analyzes everything, and.... I don't know... I just really like her.

3. What got you into poetry?

Poetry? Well, allow me to start from the beginning. I believe it was 9 (?) years ago that i was diagnosed with ADHD. To ccounter the hyper side ofn me and make me focus, I was placed on medications. These pills I had to take would eventually be increased in dosage and strength as I got bigger and older. The effects of the pills, would eventually begibn to greatly effect my personality and emotions. Around the time 7th grade started, I was, not really myself anymore. I was completely introverted, secluded, quiet, shy, aloof, and alone.There were only a few ways for me to really express myself. The main, being drawing and writing. Well, i was never really that good at drawing, though I still enjoy it. It was during this year that i happened to write a ... very, interesting poem. I believe it was called "The Sorrows of Night". It was the first time i ever wrote a poem that actually made me think. It was symbolic, yet, I did not know what it symbolized. i wish i could read it right now. Given the experience I have with my own writings now, i am sure I could figure it out, but sadly, the poem no longer exists. I believe I burned it along with every other poem I wrote in 7th and 8th grade in an emotional rage alater that year.Oh, wait, i am wrong, two poems from that time are still around. "Eternity" and "The Shadow of fear". They were the first two poems I posted here back in July. Anyway, that one poem The sorrows of night is what started my love of poetry, although it died down quite a bit until just this summer. The summer that, well, changed my life.

This summer was when i joined the forums in the first place. It was where I finally was able to open up to people. It probably helped that I was off my meds during summer vacation.

And... I met her.

A very kind girl, my age, right here on the forums. I never pictured myself in a relationship, I never wanted one. Especially not an internet based one. But, it happened. And, she taught me some very important lessons. She made me want to be me. ME. Not some drone on medications.

She unlocked something in me... my emotions came so easy after I met her. And that is when i started writing again. I just started pouring poems out, and I have been ever since. Im going to be going to college in a year or two, and I will be majoring in creative writing. I love writing, and, i love her.

Of course, Life must have noticed how happy I had finally become and made sure to turn that around.

But, this interview isnt about that. Besides, I already tells (half) of the story.

4. Was there ever a time where a song just popped out of you, and you were disappointed from it at the end?

The majority of the time i write honestly. I don't usually start writing with a goal or meaning in mind. I call it insta-ration. (Instant inspiration) I just start typing words, they turn into sentences, and if I don't like the sentence, I delete it. Sometimes, i will gwt about half way through writing something before I understand it myself, sometimes I never understand. I write what I feel.. or what i want to feel. Though, Most my longer ones were thought out in some way before i began writing them.

5. Do you wish to be more famous as a brony?

As a brony, I dont really have anything to be famous FOR. My talents are outside of the fandom. Though, I would like to be well known I suppose... I just don't know what for.

6. I assume you have writer's block every now and again, what's your best way of dealing with it?

Drink tea, eat peanut butter, Read old poems of mine, do something that makes me emotional. And then i am writing in no time.

7. Any tips for other bronies who want to write poetry?

Advice... hmmm...  don't rhyme The only advice I can give really is... turn emotion into words. Write in such a way that at least one will look upon your poem and feel something.

8. Try licking your own elbow, now. Did you manage to do it?

Umm... no, I was unsuccessful... But now I really want to know what it tastes like.

• Brohoof 7

Oh Moog it's okay, we all know you're gay and we accept it. Don't deny it, I know you like the dick. Love you too Moog. Blahblahblah characterlimit

According to Brook I'm the only gay guy who watches Quentin Tarantino movies, listens to experimental electronic and metal music

Though I will say that I'm not straight I still say that I'm not gay. BISEXUALS R REAL DUNT U KNOWZ DAT, UR HURTIN MAH FEELINGS BRO DONT DO DAT 2 ME!!!!

The following is an automated message from Draconequus Cleaning Services, Inc.

Just letting everyone know that all of Brook's actual interview topics have been merged into one, and Brook will be updating their interviews in this singular thread, much akin to how Harmonic Revelations is doing their interview thread. Having all these topics simply begins to clog up the forum, so it's better to have them in a single, convenient location. Note that, the que thread remains it's own thread.

The follow up series by Hiddenpairer will be following this same merging conduct.

So yeah. I'd follow this thread if you're interested in seeing Brooks' future interviews!

~The mind of Chaos

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

Well, I guess I don't really need to link every time I have a new interview up, so that's good.

Anyways, you know the format, I just interviewed Night Shine, he's a really good friend of mine, so here it is, the interview.

1. When did you first become a fan of the show, and what really drew you into the fandom?

I became a fan in late July 2012, and what I heard about the fandom that I really liked was the whole "love and tolerance" thing. Being someone who is perhaps more idealistic than he should be, it truly impressed me that such a large fandom tried to uphold a universal moral standard. Also, when I became a brony, I immediately noticed just how FRIENDLY everypony is, and I really loved that. Seriously. The whole "you can't trust people on the internet" that parents try to beat into your head isn't exactly applicable in a community based on love, tolerance, and friendship.

2. Who is your favorite pony, and why is she/he your favorite?

Princess Luna. These are the reasons taken from one of Night Shine's blog posts:

1) She was a tragic villain character.

From a writer's perspective, Princess Luna is actually one of the most complex and intriguing characters in the show, along with one of the only morally ambiguous characters. She has one evil and one good alter ego, and the best part of that is that the alter ego "consumed" her--this makes her a tragic character; whether or not everything she does as Nightmare Moon is completely her fault is a very intriguing topic of debate. Also, how many incredible fan works have you seen inspired by her tragic backstory? I can name a few: Ponyphonic's "The Moon Rises" and "Lullaby For A Princess", SillyFillyStudios's animation "Daylight's End", countless pieces of fan art...
2) Her portrayal as a redeemed villain in Luna Eclipsed.
Before Discord made it cool. Just kidding. Still, her portrayal in Luna Eclipsed was absolutely flawless as far as developing what made her into a tragic character then, and why she needs the friendship of the Mane 6 and her sister now. Her extremely vulnerable nature and desire to be loved combined with her quick temper and social awkwardness reveal exactly why she fell into the 'Nightmare Moon' state. But the best thing by far that this episode did was allow Luna to move on--for probably the first time in thousands of years, perhaps the first time in her life, somepony (Twiley) actively tried to befriend her. Also, this episode really showed the pain that Luna had to deal with as a result of trying to move on from the past---like when Luna was sitting in the shadow of the Nightmare Moon statue, symbolizing how she was still living in the shadow of her past.
3) Her portrayal in Sleepless in Ponyville as a ruler just like her sister.
Princess Celestia has been referred to before as the "moral center of the show" in that she is the one who encourages everypony to value friendship, and also is a wise and caring teacher, as well as being one of the only flawless characters in the show, personality wise. Luna not only is an intriguing tragic villain, but ALSO is now a caring mentor and a moral center of the show, just like Celestia by helping Scootaloo conquer her fears. If a character can be the most moral (Sleepless in Ponyville), most evil (Friendship is Magic pts 1 and 2), AND morally ambiguous (Luna Eclipsed), then you know that you have one hell of a character.
4) She is adorable as a filly.
5) She is the Princess of the Night, Moon, and Stars.
This is more of a personal reason. I could probably fill five paragraphs here with why this is important to me and provide several examples, but basically it boils down to this for why I personally love the night more than the day----I'm obsessed with the beauty of the night sky, I'm super busy and stressed during the day but I can relax at night, and I like to be alone which I can only do at night.

Kay, i'm done. xP

3. Is there anything in specific that you want to do in the fandom, and get recognition for it?

Actually, yeah. I've been writing fanfiction since late September and I just started up composing music again. While I'm not going to constantly whine and complain about my work going for the most part unnoticed, it certainly feels awesome to get recognition for when you make something you think is cool. Currently I'm writing a fic called "The Elements of Disharmony: Necessary Corruption", and that seems pretty well-liked among those who have actually read it xP

4. Is there anything going on in the fandom that you don't approve of?

Weelll....I'm going to be attempt to be careful how I say this. Considering that MLP:FiM was the reason that I recovered from a porn addiction, I'm not exactly fond of Rule 34, nor its followers, nor its "enforcers". Still...just because someone may associate with that does not in any way make them less of a person or less of a friend to me, even if I have to try to convince myself that sometimes. I'm kind of ashamed to admit that I have a hard time convincing myself that clopping is okay and to be tolerated just like everything else.

5. Do you think the season finale will hold up as what it should be?

Ooh, good question. Although the concept sounds like a bad idea to me, previous season openers and finales have never failed to become favorite episodes of mine, so I'm counting on that pattern continuing.

6. Is there any brony you aspire from?

See, this is what I love about the community--just about EVERYONE inspires me. Anyone who's ever made a beautiful piece of music inspires me. Anyone that's ever written a great, well-written, thought-provoking fanfic inspires me. But those who inspire me most of all are the bronies who are always positive. Whether it's simple, day-to-day things like wishing someone a happy birthday or brohoofing, or making long speeches and monologues praising the fandom--no, the friendship--those people inspire me the most.

7. Is there a spoon?

THERE IS NO SPOON

Here is an interview with the lovely lady of the fandom, Suntouched Coco. Fun fact: she's the first girl I interviewed :P

1. When did you first become a fan of the show, and what drew you into the fandom itself?

I've always loved the unicorns. I used to draw them a lot when I was little, giving them a coat of silver and a mane of gold. And I've never actually grew up, so this love for unicorns has been here for years. But, how did I, a girl from Czech republic where bronies are endangered species, become a fan of this show? It was all about curiosity.

The ponies are all over the internet. On social sites, art pages, youtube... everywhere. So it was no surprise I knew all the character names even before watching the show. But as I said, my curiosity and tendency to stalk and study were stronger than me - I even studied mlpwiki, to know as much as I could about these colourful ponies.

I'm not really a party hard person, so one lonely boring hot summer day I told to myself: "Why not?"... and got myself into watching the show. And finished it in two days.

But you know that feel when you finish an awesome game or an awesome series, and you don't know what to do with your life anymore? I know that feel very well, and this case made no difference. So I started looking for fan works - videos, comics, flash movies, games.. And in the end, I ended up on this forum, and I think that was the official moment of becoming the pegasis.

2. Who is your favorite pony, and why is that pony your favorite?

At first I wanted to say my favourite pony is the best pony, but if I divide the ponies in the classic way (mane6, support ponies, backgroud ponies), my favourites are these three honeys:

Rainbow Dash - Because she's awesome, loyal, cute, ambitious, colourful, competitive, lazy, brash, athletic, mischievous, has an awesome clock-work upgraded pet and awesome cloudy and rainbow house, can fly, manipulate weather, make double rainbows (OMG DOUBLE RAINBOWS), her voice cracks, loves reading, is herself, exists. In a simple way - there is probably no obvious reason. How can I not like her? Or maybe it's just that classic reason - because we have a lot in common..

Braeburn - Everypony's gay for Braeburn. <-- fact of life

Screwball - Because I just love how the fandom can take a pony who was on the scene for like 4 secs and give them whole personality, story etc. She's just too lovely to resist - the lonely princess of chaos. Recently I kinda fell in love with Fiddlesticks, but I think Screwball will be always my most favourite bg pony.

3. Do you sometimes feel that the women in the fandom are a minority? And have you ever gotten treated entirely different just for being female in the fandom?

I do, and I think it's a true statement. And I'm somehow used to it - it's the same situation like in for example online games communities. And now to be honest - I'm glad. I don't like girls in general. Nothing personal, ladies!

And ad 2nd question: of course. When the guys find out that me or anyone else is a girl, they're acting like they have never seen a girl before. And personally, I don't like it at all. I feel like they're talking to me just because I'm a girl, not because they really want to be my friends or think I'm awesome or something reasonable like this.

4. How do you feel about the fact that there aren't many bronies in your country?

To be true, I'm okay with that. The more rare it is to find one, the more lucky you feel when you actually meet one. I know a few fellow Czech bronies thanks to this site. I would dare to call one of them a close friend now. Also, my schoolmate became a pegasister thanks to me, so I always have someone to spam with cute pony pictures.

5. What is your opinion on season 3 so far?

First episodes were like "meh", I expected more. But then...

They did an amazing job. New songs are awesome (especially Bad Seed), I can see a progress in animation, I liked the idea of Luna visiting the dreams, the references, all the episodes in general. What I don't like is that they somehow "gave us what we've asked for".. I mean, yeah, I was like "It would be nice to have more Applejack". But now, we have bunch of Applejack episodes, and for example, no Rarity one. She's my least favourite character, but I still feel like it's not fair. Also, the Trixie episode, Discord episode, Dash&Scootaloo sister-like relationship.. and the list continues. It's great and everything, it's what we wanted... but they could do a little of what we've asked for and add more of what we didn't expect... They could make half of these wishes come true in the next season, because for a season of 13 episodes, I feel like it's too much.

Another thing that I don't like are the spoilers everywhere. It ruins an element of surprise to me. For example, over-discussed season 3 finale. I feel like I don't need to watch it anymore, because I already know the main "twist", I know other possibilities.. It's not like I'm stupid and I didn't figure out that Twilight might get "fully upgraded" or somehow else on the "next level" (after all, it has been said in the first episodes of season 3), but I was expecting something like this in season 4 or later, and I didn't think about the future plot much.

6. What do you predict in the fandom's future?

I think the number of Bronies will grow, and in some critical point (a strict plot change, like total deletion one of the main characters - Just a hypothetical thing), the number will decline. Also, I'm not sure if there's some "official plan" on the number of seasons, but one day, there will be the "final finale". The number will decline again..

In other words, the "active fandom" will be smaller, but the "passive fandom" will be always here, as huge as can be, because it's impossible to forget about this show.

7. What's that smell?

Just coconut milk and rainbow sprinkles in my hair.

I've heard Coco's hair is made out of pure rainbow and willpower. That is also a fact of life.

Edited by Brook
  • Brohoof 9

Holy balls, I'm falling behind here. Brook interviews with brutal efficiency!

Those who have already been interviewed by Brook, don't fret; I'll contact you about your follow-up interview soon! In the meantime, enjoy the fruits of these interviews we have up here now. :)

Wait...there are Follow-up reviews?

And I've only just heard of this?

Well....this could actually be quite fun

And yeah, Brook has been firing lots of reviews

Out of his review cannon

• Brohoof 1

New interview! I got this pyro chick right here, she's a crazy girl. Not really, Firebolt actually is great. And a pyromaniac, but you know, whatevs.

1. When did you first become a fan of My Little Pony, and what took you into the fandom?

One of my friends linked me to 

song. I listened to it, and of course it was quite good. Seeing that this was based off of a show for little girls, and seeing how I watched the third gen when I was younger (Don't judge me. >.>), I thought I would give it a try. And obviously, it was very good.

As far as the forum; Google. I had just finished an online game of which had taken over 1,000 hours to finish. So I wanted to try something else a bit more pony. I'm not really a forum person, but I figured they would be nice to go on once and a while. But then I'm me.

2. List every reason you can why Trixie is the best (not a question but I don't care)

Dude. Dude. Do you want me to write a damn essay?! Kay. I'll write a summary of the essay on my profile....

*note: go to her profile to read 5001 characters describing why she loves Trixie as much as she does.

For one thing, Trixie is the most depressing pony, in canon material. Lying is a gimmick most performers use, so I'm fine with that. Assaulting a performer while they are preforming is something I am not okay with. But now I'm kind of babbling. Long story short, she's exiled when two other ponies bring in an Ursa-minor. And of course they are not punished. Which is quite depressing, seeing as her cutie mark symbolizes that Trixie does street magic. If she can't do that, what's she supposed to do?

Trixie is also one of the most attractive ponies. Maybe not the most attractive pony, but pretty darn close. The simple blue colors compliment her cape and hat, which makes her eyes pop. The amulet costume design makes her more like a generic baddie, but it still looks nice. And that third person is freaking adorable.... As well as it probably masks insecurity while making herself look better.... BUT IT'S ALSO ADORABLE.

And lastly, flashy anything is something I love. Like really love. In Trixie's case, her magic is flashy, not useful or powerful, but nice to look at. So yea. Quite like that as well.

I think that's enough. I won't go on any longer....

3. As a female, do you sometimes feel as a minority in the fandom? And has it affected the treatment you get from other bronies?

Well, yes and no. I don't like how the fandom is separated in such a way, but I understand why saying bronies are all guys makes sense. While this is not true, it gets more attention. So I don't really mind that. But using the word "Pegasister" is just... ugly. Brony is a much better word. It's fine if you want to be called a pegasister, but, I don't.

As far as being treated differently, I don't think so.

4. Has being a brony changed you/your life in any way?

Well, I suppose I'm a bit more outgoing now. I learned how to draw!  :D But not much really, I bring it up sometimes, but not often. The main thing is that I can now listen to music I like. Which is nice.

I have yet to talk in third person all the time though. :/

5. What is your favorite thing about the fandom?

The community. Everyone is ridiculously friendly. Which is nice. I don't really have any brony friends in real life, except my bestie who I got into the show, but she lives really far away from me now. Aside from just the people, the music is amazing, and so is the art work.

6. What do you think the fandom needs more of?

MORE TRIXIE AND MORE COWBELL.

On a more serious note... We could use more Canadian conventions. I want to attend some, but there has been none remotely near me.

7. What will I say that would make you slap me?

Say Trixie is worst pony. But say it with no justification, or reasoning. Reasoning and justification is fine. Just flat out saying she is worst pony is just mean.  :(

Then I said: So you wouldn't slap me if I called you gorgeous?

Still probably would. Just not as hard. :V

Oh, and by the way Firebolt, you're gorgeous, and I will gladly take that slap from you :3

Edited by Brook
  • Brohoof 9

New interview! I got this pyro chick right here, she's a crazy girl. Not really, Firebolt actually is great. And a pyromaniac, but you know, whatevs.

Oh, and by the way Firebolt, you're gorgeous, and I will gladly take that slap from you :3

20087503.jpg

Smooth moves, Casanova. If you want, I can be your best man and see to it that your wedding will be the most exciting event in recent memory. Even better than the Canterlot Wedding.

• Brohoof 2

Here, freaking, interview, with Alex-Kennedy, whoop-dee-freakin'-doo. You can tell I'm tired huh?

1. When did you first become a fan of the show, and what drew you towards the fandom itself?

I first became the fan of the show sometime in late August (or maybe early September, I don't remember exactly). The story of how I ended up watching the show is long, stupid, and ultimately disappointing.

At the beginning of the school year (I'm a freshman at community college) only a couple of my friends could drive, which made hanging out at each other's houses difficult if one of them didn't show up or was too lazy to pick everyone up or whatever. My friend Ben, who would later become infamous for being a scumbag, never wanted to go pick up one of my other friends, who lived really far away. I felt bad about my friend not being included, so I made a deal that if I watched mlp, he would pick up my other friend whenever it was necessary. He also agreed to watch Highlander as part of the deal. Of course my other friend got his driver's license the next week, and Ben never watched Highlander, but on the upside, I got ponies.

I had never actually heard of bronies before that, and I didn't even know there was a new generation of mlp. I thought it was just something stupid my friend was making me do. Then I learned how big the fanbase was, and I realized that I really liked the show, but I've never been one to have much activity in any online community, so it was months before I did anything about it. Finally, I stumbled on this forum via google, and for whatever reason, I decided to join, not expecting to stay for more than an hour or so. As fate would have it, I'm still here after several months, and this place has basically taken over my entire life.

2. Who is your favorite character from the show, and why?

I always struggle to name one favorite character, but for whatever reason I've narrowed it down to either Fluttershy or Luna. Luna, because she's really funny in Luna Eclipsed, and I really like her design,  and Fluttershy because she's adorable and I love the whole tree thing. Oh, and assertive Fluttershy was awesome.

Also, Iron Will is best minor character.

3. How do you feel about the cease and desist of Fighting is Magic?

I barely even knew about it, honestly. I looked at the site one time and thought, "yeah, this looks pretty cool", but I hardly ever play games on my computer anyway. Something about the feel of it just doesn't work for me. I will say, though, that people shouldn't be as surprised and angry as they are. Hasbro owns MLP and it's well within their rights to say that a game can't be made based off of it.

Still, it does really suck for the people who were excited about it, and I can see how it seems unfair.

4. If you had to choose one thing to stick with, and you could never have the other, would you choose the show or the fandom?

The fandom would just be strange and pointless without the show, and I wouldn't have had any reason to be interested in it in the first place. I was quite content before I became involved in the fandom, so I imagine I could do without it if it were to disappear.

5. Is there anything the fandom has done that wasn't okay with you?

I've mentioned this before, but I really hate all the grimdark stuff the fandom has produced. A big part of what I love about the show is the purity and innocence of it, and to see it corrupted really doesn't sit right with me. I also don't like the porn stuff for the same reason.

I realize, though, that it's inevitable that those things will show up in any fandom, and there's not much you can do but accept it and try to stay away if you don't like it.

6. What do you predict 5 years from today in the fandom's future, and will you still be a part of it by then?

Well, depending on how long the show continues, the fandom may have broken up by then. If it is still going strong, then I would like to think I'll still be a part of it. I don't think gen 5, whenever it happens, will have the same kind of magic that attracted people of both genders and all ages to gen 4, and as a result, I think it's inevitable that once the show is over, the fandom will begin to decay without any new material to fuel it. That doesn't necessarily mean it will go away entirely, though, and I hope it doesn't.

7. Apples or oranges?

Well, I have a surprisingly long answer to that. I used to like oranges much better than apples, but then I realized apples give me a chance to show off my knife skills, which is always fun. It depends on the kind of apple, though, whether I like it better than oranges. Also, I prefer clementines over oranges. 

No, I didn't know they were called clementines either. I thought they were tangerines.

Also, happy valentine's everyone! :D Hope you all got dates, I know I do :)

Edited by Brook
  • Brohoof 6

Well! I would have been happy enough just doing a text interview with Brook, but when he came to me last night and said we could do this live on Skype I jumped at the chance.

This is easily the best interview I've ever done. Granted I haven't done many, but still. :lol: Get ready to hear how I feel about Lyra, discovering the show, fan content, Fighting is Magic, the spinoff, my radio show and much more--straight from the pony's mouth, as it were.

And for some reason, guys tell me my voice is sexy. :blink: No girl has ever said it though. Just my luck.

Edited by TailsIsNotAlone
  • Brohoof 1

Wait, I could have been interviewed over skype? That would have been so much easier. From now on I'm requesting that any business with me is conducted over skype.

Wait... Then I would have to listen to my own voice. Screw that, I hate my voice.

Edited by Alex-Kennedy
  • Brohoof 3

And for some reason, guys tell me my voice is sexy. :blink: No girl has ever said it though. Just my luck.

You have the TV show narrator voice, it's the kind of thing I can imagine hearing in a documentary, or in a commercial for food :P

• Brohoof 2

Sorry guys for being absent for about a week, I was diagnosed with mono recently, and mono sucks ass : I was dealing with that so I took my mind off the forums for a bit. But, know that I am fine and dandy, mono is far from lethal, it's just annoying.

Anyways, I've stockpiled 2 interviews in my absence, so here they are, first off, LoyalRaccoonBL.

1. When did you first discover the show, and what made you join the actual fandom?

My memory is a bit fuzzy, but it was either by searching for Know your Meme and then seeing it as link under it. Or, it could have been that I searched for My little pony in the know your meme site. 

As for joining the fandom, I had just finished watching the first season. Season 2 wasn't out yet, so I decided to check EQD. I started hearing fantastic music, wonderful fan art, just overall great videos, it was awesome. The community was so nice. It all felt wonderful. So I decided I was brony. I even remember the day I became a brony: July 10th, 2011.

2. Who is your favorite character from the show, and why?

Here's the thing. I actually have two favorite ponies  who are basically tied. Those ponies would be: Rainbow Dash, and Pinkie Pie. 

Rainbow Dash has a lot of stuff about her that I like. For one, she is very athletic. Which is always nice. She also loves speed. I love speed characters. I just, love characters that go fast. Sonic and the Scout are great examples to me of this.The idea of going fast is just awesome. <3 She's also a tomboy. Usually all the good qualities of a guy, on a girl. What more could you want?

Then there is Pinkie Pie. Oh boy Pinkie Pie. Pinkie Pie is basically who I want to be. I want to be a guy who makes people smile. Not only that, but Pinkie Pie hilarious, and have lots of great antics and moments that just can't help but smile. Another thing is that Pinkie Pie is a mystery. Not only in how she is able to pull off some of the stuff she has pulled, but also because of her background. We pretty much barely know anything about it. She is just a fun character. <3 Also, best singing voice in the show and one of the best songs.

3. Now that season 3 is over, what do you think of it as a whole?

Well, season 3 has been a wild ride. Personally, I found it quite good. I actually have Too Many Pinkie Pies and Babs Seed as my favorite episodes. I think people are being a little too harsh about this season, it wasn't that bad, there really wasn't a bad episode, if there was, it was usually debatable because of what other stuff they had in it. If they had bad characterization, they had good humor, if they had bad story, they had good characterization. All of them were either excellent, or just satisfying. I think this season was pretty much the show staff experimenting with new ideas. 

It was a fine season. Two hoofs up!

4. What do you predict in the show's future?

The show's future looks interesting, with Twilight now an Alicorn, there are so many possibilities to explore. What I think they will start out with is what are the disadvantages to being a princess or an alicorn. 

From interviews, we pretty much know Twilight's core personalty is going to remind generally the same and that Twilight is going to stay in Ponyville. All pretty good news. While it seems a lot of people are thinking the show is going downhill, I personally think that it is going to be even better than before. The show is probably going to give it a new way of expressing Friendship lessons. They did it in season 2, would be nice how they do it next season. 

Also, opener is probably going to change. Though, that was kinda obvious. Though, I wonder if we are going to get a new remastered version of the theme song. They are also probably going to explore places like the griffin kingdom now that Twilight is a princess. Overall, the future is mysterious, but that makes me all the more excited to start speculating.

5. Is there anything going on in the fandom that you do not approve of?

Oh boy. 

Well, it's not that people aren't fine with Alicorn Twilight, it's understandable that people are skeptical, however, I think people need to understand that that doesn't mean you can be a jerk. That is my problem. People being jerks to hasbro and to each other simply because they don't agree with Alicorn Twilight, (and Equestria Girls). 

I really wish people were more like:

Well, you see, I think Twilight being an alicorn has a chance of going bad because...

Instead of:
Hasbro is a bunch of idiots!
**** you Hasbro!

There's more to it...but it kinda gets a bit personal...

6. You've been a forum member for a long-ass time, my question is, why are you still here?

I think the more general answer is that I'm just loyal and optimistic. I can stick with things even though at times it looks bad. There, were so many chances I could've just rage quit because of either the forum or the fandom. I am also still interested in what people think of recent events in the brony community, pony or not. There are also so many smart people, and I learn new things everyday; The most important one is that my friends are here and I love chatting with them. I love talking to them, and it is usually a treat to see what they think. It also so much fun chatting with them and also talking to other people to see what potential friends I get. Friendship is magic after all.  ;)

7. Coffee?

Nah, not a coffee person. :3

This guy has been on the forums longer than the time I've spent playing drums, that's really impressive. Raccoon is a good boy, he dun' gud.

And now...

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme

It's Narutardedscum everyone! And no, that's not German for middle-finger. If you are actually wondering what his name means, he explains it in his profile, so check that if you want.

1. When did you first find out about the show, and what took you into the fandom specifically?

It all started when I stumbled upon a pony thread on the website http://www.amvhell.com/back in the summer of 2011, I soon found the characters to be interesting and quite nice to look at, but what really pressured me into watching the show was when someone posted the a link to Rainbow Dash Attack, that very game started not only my interest for the show, but also my love for Rainbow Dash. I started to wonder why this show is so popular among men, so I asked some of the people there and they just told me to watch the show. The problem was that I didn't know what network does MLP air on, so I checked and found out that it airs on the Hub, and luckily my cable company has the network, so I watched it and thought it was mediocre at first (First saw "Griffon the Brush Off" at five in the morning, yeah Guam time), then I saw the 1st episode of the show and thought about watching it more, so I started downloading the episodes and got officially hooked into it.

If it weren't for AMVhell, then I would've never gotten into the show at all, I owe it to them.

2. Why is Rainbow Dash your favorite pony?

A reason for that is because I admire her looks, her spirited personality and her tomboyish exterior (To tell you the truth, I have a long standing love for the tomboy personality, I have a like for several tomboy anime characters too.) not to mention her undying attitude of loyalty. Overall, she's just that awesome.

*note: that was a bad-ass answer.

3. Now that season 3 is over, what is your opinion of it as a whole?

Season three in my opinion wasn't that all that great compared to seasons 1 and 2, but I still loved what it showed us, "Keep Calm and Flutter on" was my favorite in this season. In the end even though Twilight became an alicorn, I just don't get why most of us not seem to like her as a princess, I actually have no problems with her. This season in my opinion was enough to get me pumped for season four, I look forward to it.

4. What are you planning to do around the fandom now that season 3 is over?

Well during the down time known as the Pony Drought, I would be making more hand drawn artworks, I'm planning to upload a picture of a human Princess Twilight to Deviantart, and if I can, I would try and make a PMV too. Also I will continue roleplaying in the RPs on this site.

5. What do you predict in the show's future?

I haven't predicted anything for the forth season yet, but if I have to now, then I predict that the newly crowned princess Twilight would probably choose to still have some adventures with the other five. well I guess that's all could think of.

6. Is there any bronies in specific you aspire from?

I don't really have anyone in mind, sorry.  :(

7. Are we human? Or are we dancers?

I'M NARUTARDEDSCUM, AND YOU'RE BROOK. THE REST ARE ALIENS, TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

Naru please, it's obvious we're all just dreaming this and we're actually figments of the giant space camel's imagination, everybody knows that.

• Brohoof 3