Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's Your Internet Speed?

Legit101

Posted Image

My internet speed should be a lot faster, but my wireless card that I use is pretty bad. I got it for about ten dollars five years ago, and I am shocked as to how I haven't gotten a new one yet.

Posted Image

I think that my speed is being doubled later this year for free, I think they said sometime in November.

Holy crap. I would get similar speed (40mbps/4mbps) if Bright House Networks didn't want $80 a month for that. :P

Holy crap. I would get similar speed (40mbps/4mbps) if Bright House Networks didn't want $80 a month for that. :P

Yeah, I think this costs the equivalent of 80 USD (52 GBP), but the price does include cable TV and telephone). It's pretty expensive but worth it IMO :P

Yeah, I think this costs the equivalent of 80 USD (52 GBP), but the price does include cable TV and telephone). It's pretty expensive but worth it IMO :P

Well, the 80 here is just for net. The whole triple play (basic digital TV, unlimited home phone, and 7mbps net) is $110 a month. Want decent net? Extra $15 a month. Voicemail? $3 a month. Want more channels? Extra $20 a month.

Yeah, my ISP is a huge scam.

• Brohoof 1

Well, the 80 here is just for net. The whole triple play (basic digital TV, unlimited home phone, and 7mbps net) is $110 a month. Want decent net? Extra $15 a month. Voicemail? $3 a month. Want more channels? Extra $20 a month.

Yeah, my ISP is a huge scam.

Jesus fucking christ.... that's just overpriced as hell... don't you have access to other ISP's ? ._.

Jesus fucking christ.... that's just overpriced as hell... don't you have access to other ISP's ? ._.

There's AT&T U-verse (AT&T's cable TV brand), but they wanted $250 for installation. Bright House only wanted $40 for installation so we went with them, plus we already had AT&T DSL and got so freaking tired of their crappy outsourced support.

There's AT&T U-verse (AT&T's cable TV brand), but they wanted $250 for installation. Bright House only wanted $40 for installation so we went with them, plus we already had AT&T DSL and got so freaking tired of their crappy outsourced support.

Now, I'm not from the US, but I do hear a lot of of bad things about AT&T's support. Is it really that bad ? ._.

Now, I'm not from the US, but I do hear a lot of of bad things about AT&T's support. Is it really that bad ? ._.

Yeah.

Heres how bad:

• Phone support = Indian reps who have the English skills of one English class
  • They send out incredibly nasty and rude reps for repair stuff
  • If you ask to speak to someone in America on their phone support, it's some old person who knows barely anything about the company they work for.
  • When you have speed issues it's automatically "a problem with your home's phone wiring".
Edited by Cloggedone

The only real choice I have is suddenlink cable. I could use frontier dsl, but at 1MB/s max it's not really an option. I pay $73.00 per month for 20MB/s requiring a DOCSIS 2.0. I have my own DOCSIS 3.0 modem so until about a month ago I was getting around 50MB/s and it seemed uncapped. Now I only get 30MB/s so I guess they put a cap on DOCSIS 3.0 modems. I have to say that at one time I paid over $100.00 for an ISDN connection (2x64kbps b channels and a d channel).

Yeah.

Heres how bad:

• Phone support = Indian reps who have the English skills of one English class
  • They send out incredibly nasty and rude reps for repair stuff
  • If you ask to speak to someone in America on their phone support, it's some old person who knows barely anything about the company they work for.
  • When you have speed issues it's automatically "a problem with your home's phone wiring".
... wow... ._.

That is really bad indeed. Thank goodness that we have at least decent supporters over here in Denmark :|

Posted Image

Is this....good?

What really disturbs me though, is the fact my upload speed is way faster than my download speed...that, and I have a test location (or whatever you'd call it) less than 50 miles away.

Posted Image

There's my mediocre internet. The thing is, I did multiple tests, to get some kind of "average", because I know my internet speed goes from good, to great, to miserable, to (literally) not even functional on a daily basis. Night time is when my internet is the fastest, but most unreliable.

Posted Image

Is that good? I have no clue what any of this mean. xD But I guess my internet is fast. soo yeah

That is pretty good, brilliant ping. Decent download speed as well, upload speed isn't that great but it doesn't really matter too much.

Hello Cloggedone,

We actually already had an Internet speed thread. Because yours is basically the same thing, I've merged them.

We usually merge threads like this to keep the discussion located in one place for convenience. :)

Now, for something on-topic, here are my Internet speed results:

Posted Image

Let's just say that I'm not really setting the world on fire with my Internet connection. http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png

At least it's faster than dial-up. :D

• Brohoof 1

Posted Image

This is pretty good for my country as it's coaxial cable. Most people have ADSL2+ though.

Not too long ago I upgraded my plan and modem for a fee that wasen't cheap but I think it was worth it.

Posted Image

Running this test from just outside of Kuwait City...

Posted Image

It's so-so for things like video chat on Skype. Mumble works just fine, and Dust 514 is...manageable.