Champion RD92

Root Beer or Dr. Pepper?  

82 users have voted

1. 1. Root Beer or Dr. Pepper?

• Root Beer
    • Dr. Pepper
    • I like them both equally
    • They both suck

Such a difficult choice!!!! I love drinking root beer and drink a bunch of it, but Dr. Pepper is an amazing soda and beats everything in it's class. I guess after hours and hours of thought (not really) I will have to conclude with choosing root beer.

Honestly speaking I think root beer tastes like medicine, I've tried it and honestly couldn't find the fascination with it. Now, Dr. Pepper? I remember my first time tasting it, "pure unadulterated bliss". Oh, how did I live so long without that taste...

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Man this is tough, I guess for me it's how you look at the two.

Root Beer has a thousand different makers and recipes but their is only one Dr. Pepper. This leads to the real split as to why I can say I like both equally, Dr. Pepper blows generic Root Beer away so it beats most Root Beers but some of the smaller brand Root Beers that are speciality made just blow all other sodas away (well other then a few of the speciality cream sodas I've had which top my charts)

So generic/brand name Root Beer < Dr. Pepper < Speciality Root Beer

Most of the time I'll take the Dr. Pepper, but I keep my eyes open for those really good Root Beers

I'm a Dr. Pepper man myself. Root beer is ok, it's just a bit too sweet for me, like I'm drinking sugar water. There are some root beers I really like out there, though. Stewart's Root Beer especially, since not only is it good, but it gives me a nostalgia boner for when I was a kid and we would go to this little restaurant on RT. 40 (called Stewart's Root Beer), that sold Stewart's root beer as well as other sodas and if you asked for a Root Beer you could get them in a frosted mug with some of the best chili dogs I've ever tasted.

• Brohoof 1

(Mixes both together)

Like a boss!

I know. I'm gross and weird, but it's how I roll. I just can't choose. Having half the goodness of each is what I do. ;) they both burn really bad though. The fizziness....

• Brohoof 1

I know I posted before, but I think that I may have to change to neither. It's not that I now dislike Dr. Pepper or anything, I just associate drinking it with stomach pains, so I've come to believe that it is a cause of them and I've talked myself out drinking it ever since.

I also don't like drinking Dr. Pepper while eating food. Coke tastes much better with food.