Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Auto login.

ProjectRKA

THIS.

While this is sometimes handled by your browser without anything being controlled server-side (in some rare cases), it would still be nice to have this built into PFM

Edited by Anorax
  • Brohoof 1

I'd rather raise the session timeout than add a second way to set a session cookie, personally. It seems a bit more intuitive to me to do it that way, as the primary means of logging on (typing your credentials right into the navbar) is very much constrained in terms of space. The main caveat here is that people will have to be sure to log out if they are using a shared computer when they're done with it... I'm honestly not sure how many people bother doing that.

How does two weeks sound? That's what Google uses.

I'd rather raise the session timeout than add a second way to set a session cookie, personally. It seems a bit more intuitive to me to do it that way, as the primary means of logging on (typing your credentials right into the navbar) is very much constrained in terms of space. The main caveat here is that people will have to be sure to log out if they are using a shared computer when they're done with it... I'm honestly not sure how many people bother doing that.

How does two weeks sound? That's what Google uses.

Two weeks sounds good. And if it's what google uses we might as well just use that too. :)