Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

10 years prison + 1 mil $ fine for Iphone jailbreak

khaine21x3

Oh wow. I have to admit this is one of the silliest things I have ever heard of. I know jailbreaking is bad, but they are really kinda going crazy. Out of all the things to worry about this should probably be the least of anyone's concerns..

It seems that people aren't really reading into this enough, as usual.  Simply jailbreaking your phone will not cause the FBI to come knocking down your door.  Using it to circumvent network restrictions and sell cracked versions of App Store games will.

I'm not saying it's not ridiculous, though.  The fact that cheating a multi-billion dollar corporation out of a couple hundred bucks is comparable to raping an innocent child in the eyes of the judicial branch is just one of the ways we have our priorities in the wrong places.

• Brohoof 2

How is America possibly this stupid? I mean, the government is so out of place, out of mind, and so freaking irrational it hurts.

Your country is threatened by the fiscal cliff? Let's make a makeshift, literally last-minute bureaucratic loophole that'll nip us in the bud later, but it's Obama's fault for not having so much money we can ride golden Segways on diamond streets.

Four mass murderers in a year? Giving more people guns, like janitors, sounds like a good idea for now, but give us some time...

People are finding ways to buy $9.99 apps for free!? SOUND THE ALARM, CALL IN THE SWAT!!! If we catch anyone, they will pay more than most people own (because we took it, mweheh), and give them a longer prison sentence then people who actually jailbroke do! This requires immediate action!

This is beyond a facepalm. I seriously do not want to exist on a planet where bureaucracy can be so backwards and oppressive to its people. People say "I don't want to live" when they see Nicki Manaj considering an acting career or whatever, but is one little skintight breastbag that will die soon comparable to a massive nation that when it crumbles, the world crumbles with it? I, friends, refuse to live in a world of puppeteers and false democracies.

Wtf, this law is bloody ridiculous. This crap better not happen in Australia ( if it hasn't already )

But, come on. 10 years? 1mil $ fine? Some murderers get less than that. 

What's next? Death penalty for jail breaking my iPad? 

Yeah this is dumb but i'm an Android user so yeah lol. Either way only thing I have Apple for is how crappy their iPhones are and how they got Temple Run 2 first and I had to wait 2 weeks for it n the Google+ Play Market for Androids .-.

I...I don't even know what the say to this, asides from it's the most ludicrous thing I have seen in a long time. I fail to see what they get out of this, seeing as you've already paid for the phone and they have your money. It's like me getting imprisoned for changing the wheels on my bloody car!

While I'm not a fan of Apple products purely because they're overpriced compared to other companies where you can get a better service, if anybody gets done for this then they have my utmost sympathy, 10 years for jailbreaking a phone, for fucks sake its their phone! I actually cannot fathom why this law was even thought about to begin with.

Also one more thing regarding this....

Apple users are finally gonna get what they deserved

No...just no, nobody deserves this just because they bought a sodding phone from a company you don't like. 

Edited by Aaramus

To quote something a wise man once said "fuck the government", seriously it is laws like this that prove that the government is completely in the pocket of wall street. If you alter what is your own personal property you can go to prison but if a bunch of criminal bankers rip people off with derivatives and other ponzi schemes which causes the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression and they get bailed out because they are "too big to fail". America is supposed to be a republic not some corporatist plutocratic joke of a banana republic posing as a free country.

the american government is basically the ancient roman government and in ancient Roma the rich were givin a special treatment.

ugh This title totally needs changed, no one is even bothering to actually read but instead just continue to jump at the first chance they get to bash Apple or the people who buy their products.

Once again, this deals with all smartphones. Android users are no more safe than the iPhone users. If you go and illegally circumvent your carries methods to make the phone you purchased from them able to work on another carrier, you could potentially get the jail time and fine consequences as well. This is the government catering to the controlling cellular carries, not just one phone manufacturer. These cellular companies do as they see fit already. Verizon was told to stop blocking apps that allow you to turn the hotspot feature of your smartphones on without paying them for the service a little while ago. They also cripple phones by having features removed because it defeats the purpose of services they offer at cost (ex. my Galaxy Note 2 does not have the Blocking feature Samsung put in the phone because Verizon had them remove it).

THIS ARTICLE explains it much more clearly for those of you getting confused between jailbreaking and unlocking, and clearly states for smartphones, not just the iPhone. It also mentions that jailbreaking is still legal. It even links to the actual document if you feel like reading through all those pages.

And like Kamil linked earlier, it is still legal to jailbreak smartphones but not your tablet.

Edited by Puddlejumper
  • Brohoof 1

This is really not about the use of the phone and about a larger long term goal of reimplementing slavery.  It is another lame excuse to imprison innocent people for use as future slaves and it is actually a brilliant plan.  Corporations such as Apple and Hasbro already know how much money they can save by using Chinese slave labor.  The problem they face is having to deal with the cost and time involved in shipping those products.  If they can get slave labor in the USA then they are golden.  Huge profits.  Of course we have important things such and minimum wages to deal with.  How do they get around that?  By having prisoners work to pay off a "debt to society".  Corporations already own prisons and most new prisons being built are owned by corporations.  Now they just need to get them filled with people convicted, or even just awaiting trial.  Now of course it won't be just being forced to work, it would be a volunteer basis.  Also it wouldn't work as well for violent crimes.  They sue you for 1 million dollars and get you 2 years in jail, you have to pay off that 1 million dollars so how are you going to do that if you are not working and in jail?  The corporate prision system allows you the chance to work for say $5.00 per hour and all of the money goes to pay off the fine, which just goes right back to them.  They get the money, the free labor, and the profits of the product you are making, all for just minimal housing, food, and health care.  On top of it they know you will show up to work and stay with them since you have nowhere else to go, they have complete control of you.  Just watch, I give it 2 years max and we will see it happen.

Some of the recent changes in our rights and laws that show the change to this new corporate slavery taking place:

- Lawsuit immunity to leaders in corporations

- Ability of corporations to sue without having proper representation

- Special lobbying power (bribery) 

- "Innococent until proven guilty" law abolished and now "Guilty until proven innocent"

- Right to a speedy trial abolished, you can be held indefinitely in jail for any reason now.

- Punishment to fit the crime law abolished, sentencing gets longer and longer for victimless crimes or non-crimes

- Civil court actions now coming with jail time instead of just fines

- Privatization of the prison industry (cause it is an industry)

- Loss of freedom of speech and protest

- Bastardization of Intellectual property laws

This is only part of the list.  I see four basic classes of citizens of the future USA.  The investor class that makes all the money from corporations but does none of the work, the government class that includes politicians and judges that make and enforce rules that benefit the investor class and themselves while enslaving everyone else,  The law-enforcement class which replaces the current police system and is owned directly by the corporations and indirectly by the investor class to make sure that the jails are full of the 4th class....  Prisoners, AKA slaves, Now there will always be some people that don't fall into one of these categories but that number will dwindle as time goes on and more and more will be brought into prisons and made slaves for doing nothing wrong.  I think people that don't want to be a part of the new order I mention will group together and grow their own food and use a barter system.  This is the kind of place I would see myself.  I think the kind of people that run small businesses would likely choose to live this life, at least for awhile.  I suspect that 5 years from now it will be illegal for a person to privately own a business.  Every business will have to be under a corporation.

I hope I am wrong about this, but more and more it seems that my thoughts about this conspiracy are correct.  I began to talk about this about 2 years ago.  The evidence is stronger now and it gets closer and closer to what I have predicted as time goes on.  

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

@@Flutterbee,

The US government has forced it's colonies now to implement biometric database and an identity card with fingerprint and tracking chip, I suspect that they want to test it on us first then it'll be used on americans when results are concluded.There are only 3 countries capable of producing such tech and they're all on the same side.

I know that sounds like another crazy conspiracy theory but the local elected religious terrorists with an average iq of 50 are too dumb to think of it so it's an agenda of a foreign power.I'm sure that those new airport scanners identical to ones in the US were the idea of the US govt too.

Edited by khaine21x3

This...this ladies and gentlemen, is the result of the corruption of todays government: using over-the-top pumishment for a small thing as jailbreaking an iphone. Pure bullcrap. They'd better veto this law or I'm gonna send someone to find the document and rip it to shreds (okay so that was a little to exaggerated) but this law is just plain stupid.  

@@Flutterbee,

The US government has forced it's colonies now to implement biometric database and an identity card with fingerprint and tracking chip, I suspect that they want to test it on us first then it'll be used on americans when results are concluded.There are only 3 countries capable of producing such tech and they're all on the same side.

Yes and companies are now starting to use biometric fingerprint or handprint time clocks to clock their employees in and out. Granted some of these companies have certain religious or other exemptions but until the restoration of the republic is complete and the traitors allowing this to happen are brought to justice it will continue to go downhill until even those exemptions are taken away.

Yes and companies are now starting to use biometric fingerprint or handprint time clocks to clock their employees in and out. Granted some of these companies have certain religious or other exemptions but until the restoration of the republic is complete and the traitors allowing this to happen are brought to justice it will continue to go downhill until even those exemptions are taken away.

The Indonesian government implemented the cards last year and they come with a tracking chip, people who don't carry them are considered potential terror suspect and can be detained indefinitely which is a joke since 95% of the country are terrorists and terrorism is pretty much legal in practice when they could go around murdering minorities and attacking embassies.I'm sure that the iris scanner info will be shared with US/EU/AUS/Israel and all the colonies so there is no escape for a political enemy.

What they really want is for the people to  be kept in line and prevented from overthrowing the puppet government that's allowing foreign corporations to own the natural resources of the entire country and taking orders from US/EU to stop certain economic development in the name of environmentalism and climate change.

Governments worldwide are the hired thugs for corporations

• Brohoof 1

What they really want is for the people to  be kept in line and prevented from overthrowing the puppet government that's allowing foreign corporations to own the natural resources of the entire country and taking orders from US/EU to stop certain economic development in the name of environmentalism and climate change.

Governments worldwide are the hired thugs for corporations

Pretty much, one thing that has been forgotten is how the jews in the concentration camps during the holocaust literally had bar codes tatooed into them. I see a very disturbing similarity to that and the increasing misuse of biometric technology, branding someone with a hot iron isn't as dehumanizing as this is if you ask me.

That seems horrible yet it it is bull at the same time. Some people actually do it most of the time and never got caught. I think they are just overreacting thats all. >_>

I don't even see how this is possible. If a company gives you a service, and you misuse it for say, they can take the service away and ban you from ever using it again. Now you can go to jail for it? That there brings a whole to meaning to the word stupid. That is like saying you are going to get a haircut, and you moved your head and screwed up the person cutting your hair, now you are going to jail for it.

images2_zpsc9f1344d.jpg?t=1359935698

Edited by Retro✮Derpy

Where's your 'URRRMURRRRERRRRCURRR!!!' now, huh?

It's times like this when I live in the United Kingdom. Ruuuule Britania! Britania rules the waves!

...Yeah, the Star Wars Empire March would totally make a better theme song for the UK.

Are we really more concerned with people doing what they want with what they own than our national debt and our pointless involvement in foreign affairs? Come on, America, get it together.

• 1 month later...

Wow, this is ridiculous. Americans should be able to unlock their phones to any company they like. But I know what you're saying. My dad kept asking questions like, "It's only for NEW phones?" It is pretty confusing, but I do not agree with it that much. At least apple will be brought to justice. -_-

Yup The law was enforced for new mobile purchased after jan 26.The old mobile can still be unlocked.even i unlocked my phone from Theunlockspot.com. But a petition was started for making unlock legal.the petition has now crossed a lakh signature.Passing the milestone means the U.S. government has to issue an official response.

Well, my thought is of a moment from the Futurama episode Overclockwise. I couldn't find the clip in question, so here's this one instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAK2R67BgJE

The quote I thought of from that episode was... Well...

Professor: Oh God, I clicked without reading! 
Cubert: And I slightly modified a thing that I own!
Professor: We're monsters!