Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cell phone providers

Gummy

48 users have voted

1. 1. What cell phone provider do you have?

• Verizon Wireless
    • AT&T
    • Sprint
    • T-Mobile
    • Boost Mobile
    • Cricket
    • Virgin Mobile
    • Other

(edited)

My dad's carrier is AT&T and I have to say they are absolutely AWFUL. They charge a LOT more than they say they do. There was one month that my dad paid over 200 bucks for his phone alone for 1 month and he was hardly over on data (and his plan was only a 10 gig plan). My dad wants to get Mint Mobile instead because he says he's heard they're pretty good. He originally was going to switch to T-Mobile until they were bought out by AT&T.

Edited by ~Angel Dust~

I use Cricket, and my only real complaint is the coverage. It's acceptable, but it could be better. They give you extra data the longer you stay with them, so I'm up to 5 gigs of LTE and unlimited 2G for $35 a month. Their customer service is really good, too.

• Brohoof 1

I've been with Cricket wireless for about 5 years. Never had any issues with them, unlike Verizon. 

On 6/30/2019 at 8:44 PM, Booker said:

I use Cricket, and my only real complaint is the coverage. It's acceptable, but it could be better. They give you extra data the longer you stay with them, so I'm up to 5 gigs of LTE and unlimited 2G for $35 a month. Their customer service is really good, too.

Yep, I agree. Coverage isn't the best. I have to use an outdoor repeater pointed to the tower where I live, to get a reliable signal. It's worth it, because I refuse to go back with Verizon.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm with the decendant of T-Mobile UK (EE), and it's the best one, 
Best signal, and excellent worth for money,
I have switched around a few times,
but I have been with T-Mobile UK (now EE) the longest and the one I prefer

I use an android phone (blackberry PRIV)

Edited by Sherbert MGS
  • Brohoof 1

Sprint, unlimited Kickstart plan for $25 a month. It's available to those who port numbers with a $10 autopay discount.

The network is quite decent in Indianapolis. If you can hit their Band 41 signal (the ex-Clearwire cell spectrum), it's actually pretty good, and I think it's sad that they have to result to mergers to keep themselves from going under (the pending T-Mobile and Sprint merger). They've gotten a lot better.

(edited)
11 hours ago, Treeglow Flicker said:

None. Last time I owned a mobile phone was back in the late 90s. :P

Or was it the early 2000s? :mlp_blink:

@Treeglow Flicker

That's brave!

If it wasn't for the society's requirements I would do the same.

But today you are forced to have one sadly. I can't park my car without an app, I can't buy a buss ticket without an app, I have no Idea of the trains time schedule without an app.

I don't WANT to have a cellphone if it was up to me to choose.

Edited by MistyMuffins
spelling bad
  • Brohoof 1