Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming SimCity 5 (SimCity 2013)

Loriem

44 users have voted

1. 1. Will you get the new Simcity when it comes out?

• YES! I have been waiting for this and it looks awesome!
    • Sort of, may get it after a little while.
    • Only if people I know say it is actually good, as I am a SKEPTICAL PERSON!
    • Nah, SimCity was good, but I doubt this one will be.
    • No, SimCity is crap!
    • I would get it, But I don't want to give EA money nor do I like the online play.

So, I have been looking up on the new SimCity game that is coming out, and I am VERY excited for it. If you want to learn about it, look here...

http://www.simcity.com/en_US

I have been watching all of the videos on it, and reading all of the stuff added, and I can say this one is looking to be very good. And man I cannot wait for this multi-city/multiplayer capabilities, that just looked neat.

Another thing that pleases me is the way you will be able to customize most of your buildings by adding to them rather than destroying them and building a new one. Not too mention the engine looks to run pretty well.

Also, I am very pleased by how the disaster are looking, there is much more detail in the fires, tornadoes, earthquakes, Meteors, UFO's, and generally how the building fall apart. But the BEST thing to come to disasters is THEY FINALLY ADDED ZOMBIE ATTACKS! > :D

Finally, I loved the older SimCity games, and I hope this one raises the bar higher. The only problem I have is with map size of the cities themselves, but otherwise the multi-city play seams to take care of that.

So, what do you think?

PS: 

Edited by Secret Person
  • Brohoof 1

Looking forward to it too! I got offered the beta but then it didn't work because my school internet blocked it :/ which was very very annoying :angry:  other than that cannot wait for this game to come out.

I really wanted this until I learned about the always on internet required to play it. I would prefer if companies would quit forcing the social aspect of games on us. I really only play solo and a game like this is one I see as a single player game since the way I would be playing it is just sitting around killing time. Building a city, managing it, then saving and unleashing disaster after disaster. I buy these games for use on my laptop when I'm not near an internet connection, I use to play SimCity 3000 all the time on my M11x.

• Brohoof 4

I was in the Closed beta and the game was amazing. I will be looking forward to the full thing to come out in march. The best Sim City yet. Now if they only brought back Mr Wright!

I have only been waiting for this, what, 9 years? I have been watching videos of the beta, reading everything I can, just to get me through to March 5th. 

I got a beta invite but it was to an old email and I forgot to check it for a couple days. I was all excited when I logged in to find the invite, only to see that the beta ended a few hours before. Grrrrrrr! I've never heard of 4 day beta before, but oh well.

I personally don't think the always on internet is really intended for the multi-player function. They just say that to cover their butts. EA has ALWAYS been annoying with their anti-piracy tactics, messing the games up for those who actually pay in the process. I'm sure this is their attempt to keep people from pirating the game. I completely agree, though, that I like to play these kinds of games by myself and I'm really sick of social gaming. 

• Brohoof 1

Zombies! FINALLY! This game is going to be awesome. It looks way cooler than the other SimCity games, and I can't wait to play it. I look forward to exploring the different additions to be added to this edition. Looks really cool! :)

Zombies? I didn't know about that. I thought it had all the usual disasters like the Godzilla attack. Maybe now we can create our own Resident Evil city/universe?

In any case, I too am looking forward to this game and so is my big brother. He likes games like this. Me? ... I never really could build a city in any previous ones. I always seemed to run out of money in the end and the budget was negative. In this, however... building a city seems a bit easier thanks to the much clearer demand system and way they show area of effects in buildings like police station. I also like how it's actually possible to let another player to take charge of another land, building something else or how you can actually make one area one big city and another area an industrial area (not a good idea if you ask me and you can guess why).

One thing I'd like to know is what program supports this kind of multiplayer? Is the game supported by Steam or Origin or something else like that?

• Brohoof 1

Zombies? I didn't know about that. I thought it had all the usual disasters like the Godzilla attack. Maybe now we can create our own Resident Evil city/universe?

In any case, I too am looking forward to this game and so is my big brother. He likes games like this. Me? ... I never really could build a city in any previous ones. I always seemed to run out of money in the end and the budget was negative. In this, however... building a city seems a bit easier thanks to the much clearer demand system and way they show area of effects in buildings like police station. I also like how it's actually possible to let another player to take charge of another land, building something else or how you can actually make one area one big city and another area an industrial area (not a good idea if you ask me and you can guess why).

One thing I'd like to know is what program supports this kind of multiplayer? Is the game supported by Steam or Origin or something else like that?

It is run by Origin, and yes I plan on making SimCity versions of zombie games now, so much fun is to be had with the flesh eating sims!

I really wanted this until I learned about the always on internet required to play it. I would prefer if companies would quit forcing the social aspect of games on us. I really only play solo and a game like this is one I see as a single player game since the way I would be playing it is just sitting around killing time. Building a city, managing it, then saving and unleashing disaster after disaster. I buy these games for use on my laptop when I'm not near an internet connection, I use to play SimCity 3000 all the time on my M11x.

Always online with some sort of multiplayer always generates more profit and the other major part of always online is datamining to increase sales of future products and maximize profits.It's unfortunate that such practice has become commonplace and socially acceptable so there'll be no resistance to their unethical behavior which clearly invades privacy and violates human rights.

I really liked simcity 2000 (that as the last one I played) and I've been keeping an eye on this, it looks good. BUT it's EA and I refuse to give them my money (this nothing to do with ME3, I liked the original ending) but because of business practises and the way they as a company treat their customers.

As for the always online drm, I'm not a fan of that, the only ones I accept are Steam or GOG, because they aren't complete nitwits.

I'm sure it won't take long til there's a hack for avoiding the drm it's just a shame people have to resort to such measures.

Edited by Fridge
  • Brohoof 1

I really liked simcity 2000 (that as the last one I played) and I've been keeping an eye on this, it looks good. BUT it's EA and I refuse to give them my money (this nothing to do with ME3, I liked the original ending) but because of business practises and the way they as a company treat their customers.

As for the always online drm, I'm not a fan of that, the only ones I accept are Steam or GOG, because they aren't complete nitwits.

I'm sure it won't take long til there's a hack for avoiding the drm it's just a shame people have to resort to such measures.

I don't mind it too much, as long as the game itself is quality enough, I will go for it. I am not saying it isn't a problem, it IS, but this game looks pretty good itself.

The SimCity I have had since my childhood is SimCity 3000, and I still play it every so often. I even have a city I have had for years and improved for years, right now it is huge and successful, even recovered from a few major earthquakes.

The only reason I'd ever play it would be to abuse the whole "your city effects nearby cities" thing. I'd create a criminal haven and then laugh as all nearby cities also see an increased crime rate :)

But always-on DRM is a major turn off.

• Brohoof 2

Ugh, social interaction. As long as the game can be played without having to deal with other people, I'll be happy.

Still, the game looks good, and depending on how multiplayer is handled I might try that out as well.

8/10: definately check out when the game is released.

The only reason I'd ever play it would be to abuse the whole "your city effects nearby cities" thing. I'd create a criminal haven and then laugh as all nearby cities also see an increased crime rate :)

Lol I love that idea, especially if you had a pirate copy of the game... Trolling to the nth degree.

As I said steam is the only one I accept because Valve aren't douches.

Zombies? Well, that completely turned me off. That's all EA cares about anymore, even if it clearly doesn't fit into a series (like The Sims). I'll be sticking with my SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition, which also is fully playable without having to play online.

• Brohoof 1

Lol I love that idea, especially if you had a pirate copy of the game... Trolling to the nth degree.

As I said steam is the only one I accept because Valve aren't douches.

Well, I doubt it would work with a pirate copy, since you'd have to connect to the EA servers to effect other cities, unless you were playing on a private server. But in that case, you'd probably get kicked for screwing other people's stuff up.

And the vast majority of Steam games don't have always-on DRM, since Steam has offline mode.

Zombies? Well, that completely turned me off. That's all EA cares about anymore, even if it clearly doesn't fit into a series (like The Sims). I'll be sticking with my SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition, which also is fully playable without having to play online.

Good old SC4, great game, easy to mod too.

Yeah, I might buy the new Simcity game, but EA is among my most despised video game developers due to their tactics and the way they market games, plus it seems they are more concerned about social interacting than actual gameplay.

But hey, a multiplayer SC, never thought that would happen.

(edited)

Good old SC4, great game, easy to mod too.

Yeah, I might buy the new Simcity game, but EA is among my most despised video game developers due to their tactics and the way they market games, plus it seems they are more concerned about social interacting than actual gameplay.

But hey, a multiplayer SC, never thought that would happen.

Yes, the whole always online thing is annoying as hell, but the developers at Maxis are saying they intend for the game to be mod-able.

(Edit): And it is Multi-city, so you can run all of the cities, or have friends and family their running the others.

I am actually loving/hating the idea that griefing will likely come to SimCity. I will probably grief a "few" times like that.

It is only a rare disaster thing, you can even play without disasters. I for one always wanted to be able to unleash zombies on my city. 

PS: I trust Maxis a bit more than everyone else here it seams, to me I think they will be able to make it quality despite the turn offs.

Edited by Secret Person

BAHAHAHA! I already pre-ordered the hard copy! Now if only we could find a way to set up an MLPforum community to build the best region Simcity has ever seen!

That'd be fun, a region Collab for Bronies, name the cities after ones in Equestria, hopefully someone could make a mod were the sims are ponies... 

Ah yes, it is coming together! We shall dub this the PonyCity Project! Brony Modders and Simcity gamers unite!!!

I like what you're thinking, but I do not believe a modification like that would be possible. It would change the entire architecture of the game, especially since Simcity 5 uses a completely different approach to Sim movement: something much more interactive and realistic. But most definitely should we try to show that Equestria will become the best Simcity region, both in population and economy, the game will ever see!

(edited)

Well, yes... Also considering each region is only 16 cities big...

Which means we shall have MANY Brony dedicated Regions! EQUESTRIA AND SADDLE ARABIA YEA!

Edited by Secret Person