Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming SimCity 5 (SimCity 2013)

Loriem

44 users have voted

1. 1. Will you get the new Simcity when it comes out?

• YES! I have been waiting for this and it looks awesome!
    • Sort of, may get it after a little while.
    • Only if people I know say it is actually good, as I am a SKEPTICAL PERSON!
    • Nah, SimCity was good, but I doubt this one will be.
    • No, SimCity is crap!
    • I would get it, But I don't want to give EA money nor do I like the online play.

About a week until the game comes out now, I am still rather excited. 

And the SimCity team has been doing this whole "Let's all be mayor" thing on their site, with footage of what will likely be the final game.

Simcity is finally up and running today! I'd love to start city building with you guys! Get the game asap so we can start our brony region!

I don't have my copy yet, but I will soon and then i will be ready to start regions with y'all.

Also, what copies have y'all got? I am just getting the normal, rather than the deluxe.

I don't have my copy yet, but I will soon and then i will be ready to start regions with y'all.

Also, what copies have y'all got? I am just getting the normal, rather than the deluxe.

I got the Limited version. My Origin username is Mightyputty92. The Deluxe is simply way too expensive to merit its worth (well unless there's subways on them). 

Hey all! I've started up my own Equestria in US West. Feel free to add me on Origin- Nogohoho

I hope everyone is having better luck with the servers than I have had in the last few hours. :\

Hey all! I've started up my own Equestria in US West. Feel free to add me on Origin- Nogohoho

I hope everyone is having better luck with the servers than I have had in the last few hours. :\

US West 1 or 2? Looks like 1 is unavailable right now so I chose 2. Figured I'd ask to be sure.

Also, YAY it's working now! Though it did just crash on me, but hopefully that's not something that will continue.

US West 1 or 2? Looks like 1 is unavailable right now so I chose 2. Figured I'd ask to be sure.

Also, YAY it's working now! Though it did just crash on me, but hopefully that's not something that will continue.

US West 1, but I think that since I already made my region there, it should be open for anyone to join. Remember to make terrible pony puns for the city names! :3 http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/04/pony-city-name-puns-from-ponychan.html

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

US West 1, but I think that since I already made my region there, it should be open for anyone to join. Remember to make terrible pony puns for the city names! :3 http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/04/pony-city-name-puns-from-ponychan.html

Sweet! Well, when you create the region it should have asked you if you wanted public of private. I'm just waiting for the server to let me on and I'll see if I can find you.

Okay, apparently Origin in game sucks as it will not show my friends or allow me to invite anyone. I can't find Equestria so in the mean time I have created Saddle Arabia. (US West 1) I will probably be on most of the day as it's my day off so if anyone would care to join me there is plenty of room and it's a public game.

I figured it can't hurt to have multiple brony regions :)

Edited by MoonFeather
  • Brohoof 1

I might be up for this if it's ever better and most customizable. Always like this game, Sims,  and Roller Coaster Tycoon Series so a revamp would quite great.

I'm so unbelievably excited for this game. I have been waiting for a new SimCity for far too long, and am very happy that one has arrived. I don't yet own a copy, so I'm stuck watching LPs on YouTube.

It looks so fluid and dynamic, I must buy the game and play it until my computer gives out.

• Brohoof 1

Oh my. It seems the servers are in a far worse condition than I had previously thought. They are experiencing massive server failure for all parts of the game right now. Even if you just want to play your own solo region it won't run half the time, and the server will just boot you.  <_< 

This is not a great week to join if you're ambivilant about purchacing SimCity 5. Hopefully they will get it all worked out soon. :(

Yeah, it's been a bit of a pain. I played for a few hours last night only to get kicked and have nothing save. Sigh. I really wish they would have done a better job on their servers because the game is wonderful. Hopefully they will work it out.

I have the same problem. The servers are really full right now. Only one servers can be used and I can't even connect to that server. I kinda expected this when I heard the game is practically a full net game since it requires a constant net connection. This is extra trouble for me since my connection tends to get cut off for no reason sometimes and I have to restart it every time.

Most likely, like in Star Wars MMO (and most others), they'll fix this problem in time by either adding more servers or increasing the capacity.

(edited)

Been wanting to play Simcity hardcore right now, but I have three tests next week and I really need to study for those. Sorry if I'm offline for the next 2 weeks. Probably won't start playing hardcore until May because of school. Once again, my Origin username is Mightyputty92.

Edited by Derpity Derp

Hey everyone, while the server issues are a bit wonky, I'd love to get an Equestria map going! Add me on Origin Jacob_Applehoof :)

I had Saddle Arabia going for a bit on US West 1 but I've been having issues logging in there lately. The other night I created Equestria on US West 4 I believe.

If we all want to pick a server that seems to be working for us, or if anyone wants to join those, they are welcome.

I had Saddle Arabia going for a bit on US West 1 but I've been having issues logging in there lately. The other night I created Equestria on US West 4 I believe.

If we all want to pick a server that seems to be working for us, or if anyone wants to join those, they are welcome.

Sounds good...what's your name on origin so I can find you? Can't find your city any other way, I'm afraid. Lots and lots and lots of character plots if i was to browse

Alright everyone..I'm looking for a few more bronies to join my Equestria Region in US West 1, friend me for an invite, thanks...heh

Sounds good...what's your name on origin so I can find you? Can't find your city any other way, I'm afraid. Lots and lots and lots of character plots if i was to browse

Alright everyone..I'm looking for a few more bronies to join my Equestria Region in US West 1, friend me for an invite, thanks...heh

I'm Xina42 on Origin. Go ahead and send me an invite to your US West 1 region. If I can get on I'll happily join. I have a thing for having multiple cities. 

I'm Xina42 on Origin. Go ahead and send me an invite to your US West 1 region. If I can get on I'll happily join. I have a thing for having multiple cities. 

Regretfully I'll be offline for the rest of the night, but I added you on Origin and will be on tomorrow at around mid afternoon.

Alright, there are moves toward more servers, and a little better stability. I'm still having trouble signing in most times, and there is no longer a cheetah speed... so not really there yet. I'm not really sure how they ever expected one server to cover half of America. -_- *sigh*

But hey, sometimes is better than nothing right? Right!? :umad: I'm more than willing to join anyone's region. Let's see if that invite system is as broken as the rest of it.

Alright, there are moves toward more servers, and a little better stability. I'm still having trouble signing in most times, and there is no longer a cheetah speed... so not really there yet. I'm not really sure how they ever expected one server to cover half of America. -_- *sigh*

But hey, sometimes is better than nothing right? Right!? :umad: I'm more than willing to join anyone's region. Let's see if that invite system is as broken as the rest of it.

I used it on US West 1 server, the invite system works fine. Join my region on that server, my name is Jacob Applehoof on Origin too.

I have decided to wait a few more weeks before buying this game, for a few reasons.

1. The servers are still having issues.

2. To see if they add an OFFLINE mode.

3. Too many people jumped the gun and pre ordered it, and now are b****ing about the server issues.

4. It should lower in price in due time.

I just got it (it seems to be running fine now)

Feel free to add me (aozain), I'm currently playing on ... East 2? I don't know, no real connection with it, so I'll gladly move wherever, I'd love to join a region with some people from here!