Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming SimCity 5 (SimCity 2013)

Loriem

44 users have voted

1. 1. Will you get the new Simcity when it comes out?

• YES! I have been waiting for this and it looks awesome!
    • Sort of, may get it after a little while.
    • Only if people I know say it is actually good, as I am a SKEPTICAL PERSON!
    • Nah, SimCity was good, but I doubt this one will be.
    • No, SimCity is crap!
    • I would get it, But I don't want to give EA money nor do I like the online play.

Hell no. I would not pay a single dime to EA if the game forces you to be online when playing the game and the servers just get screwed, losing your city in the process. EA, you surely disappoint me.

I want to play it, but SimCity 4 was good. In fact, I rather just get it off the Pirate Bay for free and use the SKIDROW crack. Sorry guys, but I have to advocate piracy on this one. Just like Spore was because the DRM sucks.

• 4 weeks later...

Anypony want to start a fresh new region? Please let me know if you do, this game gets a little boring if you play with just yourself.

I would love to! PM me with your Origin ID if you want to play. I have mostly played non-Sandbox, but I'm okay with Sandbox aswell :D

The only reason I'd ever play it would be to abuse the whole "your city effects nearby cities" thing. I'd create a criminal haven and then laugh as all nearby cities also see an increased crime rate smile.png

But always-on DRM is a major turn off.

Pretty much this. SimCity does seem like a good game, but the main reason why I've never brought it was the always online bullcrap.

That, and I think that EA stands for Evil Assholes nowadays.

Ah, SimCity...man, this game series was one of the foundations of my childhood. SimCity 2000/3000 was AWESOME. I would log literally hours on that game building the perfect city, then destroying it with like 6 tornadoes at once, maybe throw in an earthquake or two. When I got SimCity 4, I was expecting...something more. I can't really describe it, but it...didn't have the same feel as the original. Also because the alien invasion disaster was replaced by a giant robot.

...that didn't stop me from nailing the city with meteor after meteor for my own amusement. Regardless, 2013 might...not do as well as its predecessors. We all know how EA is with sequels. They couldn't capture the same feeling as NFS: Hot Pursuit III with Hot Pursuit 2010 (which I STILL refuse to buy) and I haven't even tried Most Wanted 2012, mostly due to paranoia about ruining one of my favorite racing games of all time. >_>

Ah, SimCity...man, this game series was one of the foundations of my childhood. SimCity 2000/3000 was AWESOME. I would log literally hours on that game building the perfect city, then destroying it with like 6 tornadoes at once, maybe throw in an earthquake or two. When I got SimCity 4, I was expecting...something more. I can't really describe it, but it...didn't have the same feel as the original. Also because the alien invasion disaster was replaced by a giant robot.

...that didn't stop me from nailing the city with meteor after meteor for my own amusement. Regardless, 2013 might...not do as well as its predecessors. We all know how EA is with sequels. They couldn't capture the same feeling as NFS: Hot Pursuit III with Hot Pursuit 2010 (which I STILL refuse to buy) and I haven't even tried Most Wanted 2012, mostly due to paranoia about ruining one of my favorite racing games of all time. dry.png

You made a good decision about NFS:MW  there. I watched a friend playing and it seemed like... Burnout or something. You can clearly feel that Citerion worked on it. But about SimCity, I think this is a very good sequel (other than SimCity Societies) and it's very fun, especially the more realistic stuff. Yeah, the always online crap is annoying, but I didn't have any connection problems until now. I also heard that there might will be a patch which removes it.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well I was able to make this city on my own. It's been really hard to find people to play with to make great works though. 

428736_312616805535505_336341751_n.jpg

Where are you guys? I've been trying to find a group of bronies to make a city with and you guys are nowhere to be found sad.png

Edited by Derpity Derp

• 2 weeks later...

Well I was able to make this city on my own. It's been really hard to find people to play with to make great works though. 

img-1438361-1-428736_312616805535505_336

Where are you guys? I've been trying to find a group of bronies to make a city with and you guys are nowhere to be found img-1438361-2-sad.png

You, Lev and I could start a region if you and Lev want to, it shall be glorious... GLORIOUS I TELL YOU!

My Origen nick is NeptuneGhost

You, Lev and I could start a region if you and Lev want to, it shall be glorious... GLORIOUS I TELL YOU!

I'd love to get into a region with some people as well, if possible! And if anyone's wondering, my nick is BSGEstella, it'd be fun to play with some people

I'm all up for it! I just added you and Estella by the way. It's going to great. I'll definitely be the tourist and commercial city. I'm a skyscraper type of player.

I'm all up for it! I just added you and Estella by the way. It's going to great. I'll definitely be the tourist and commercial city. I'm a skyscraper type of player.

This'l be fun, whenever we all get around to it! So, for obvious questions. 1: Who'l be making the map, and hosting it? (Obviously) 2: How many people are there gonna be? And 3: Is it just a do-whatever-you-want-as-long-as-the-economy-doesn't-die, or is it really serious?

This'l be fun, whenever we all get around to it! So, for obvious questions. 1: Who'l be making the map, and hosting it? (Obviously) 2: How many people are there gonna be? And 3: Is it just a do-whatever-you-want-as-long-as-the-economy-doesn't-die, or is it really serious?

1. I've already made the map and called it Equestria. Come to North America Server 1, add me, and I'll invite you to the map.

2. I was hoping for quite a few people so that everyone can have 1 city to work with for maximum efficiency.

3. I really want a serious project. To make a well-oiled region where everyone contributes with real specialization (ie a commercial city, an industrial city, a coal city, etc.)

1. I've already made the map and called it Equestria. Come to North America Server 1, add me, and I'll invite you to the map.

2. I was hoping for quite a few people so that everyone can have 1 city to work with for maximum efficiency.

3. I really want a serious project. To make a well-oiled region where everyone contributes with real specialization (ie a commercial city, an industrial city, a coal city, etc.)

I wouldn't mind playing SimCity with other people. I have had the game for a while and there are some bugs but overall the game is good. My origin ID is Linkbro123 and invite me when you want to play a game.

• 3 months later...

I just bought the deluxe edition for the game.  I'm looking for a server in which I can play cooperatively together.  I been a fan of the SimCity series ever since the original one.  My origin ID is “RyeGoldenDragon”.  I am very interested in joining a group to help work towards those bigger projects.

Wow, I used to like Simcity games but the reviews for this one are really terrible. And I hate games you have to play online.

zz

That is why I did not buy the game at launch, in fact I do not reserve games anymore for that reason.  However, after seven patches later, I finally bought the game after having a friend of mine test it out and tell me that it is working with no game breaking bugs.  It came a long way from the day one launch.  Therefore, I bought it a few days ago, once all the major features were put back in the game.  So far I am not having any issues…..yet…

On the "Europe East 3" servers I have created a region called "Equestria". If anyone wants to play.  I am also looking to join other simcity region games as well.  For the time being so being I can't find anyone online.

My Origion name is "RyeGoldenDragon"