Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Why don't they make a Pokemon game where you can actually catch them all?

Le Kvlt Dawn

If you're supposed to catch them all, then why do they give us version exclusives and event only Pokemon? And "evolve by trade only" Pokemon are also bullshit. It's not fair, It's just annoying. 

Edited by Neighvana666
  • Brohoof 4

You know what I always ask when it comes to Pokemon.

Some ppl have to agree with me on this.

Why dont they make a pokemon game where Team Rocket is actually one of the villains in the game.

Instead they use stuff like Team Aqua, and stuff like that.

Wanna catch them all? Get all the games, finish them xD

It's because it adds incentive to trade.

To add more to that, one of the two main reasons Pokemon got so popular is the trading mechanism. Since you needed to know someone with the game who had the opposite version of you, it made things more of a challenge. Such was a great marketing scheme. Of course, as the games evolved, this lost it's value, but it would make no sense to remove it now.

I KNOW RIGHT! IT'S TOTAL BULLSHIT!!! Like in Pearl, in order to get Shaymin, Darkrai, Arceus, and I don't know how many more, you need either an Action Replay, or attend a Nintendo Event. It's the same with every other game in one way or another. That's the one thing I hate about Pokemon.

:angry:

Edited by Betez

I know right. Imagine it, a game where you have to PUT IN EFFORT TO DO THINGS? Imagine this! They even want to make money off of the game? Blasphemy. I agree with OP, make a game where you have to do absolutely nothing to get everything.

Edited by Harmonic Revelations
  • Brohoof 1

Idea.

Maybe there should be a Pokemon game where the actual goal is to catch a male and female of every single known species, maybe even the legendary ones, all in the name of science. You don't just fight Team Rocket, you fight... well... all the other teams. Even fight protagonists such as Ash from the TV series.

You catch the pokemon, any you can keep with you and train, the rest are sent to a massive zoo where they live in peace and harmony. The game name....

Pokemon: Menagerie

• Brohoof 1

Idea.

Maybe there should be a Pokemon game where the actual goal is to catch a male and female of every single known species, maybe even the legendary ones, all in the name of science. You don't just fight Team Rocket, you fight... well... all the other teams. Even fight protagonists such as Ash from the TV series.

You catch the pokemon, any you can keep with you and train, the rest are sent to a massive zoo where they live in peace and harmony. The game name....

Pokemon: Menagerie

Dude, they should make a Pokemon game where you can play as Team Rocket and actually take over the region. That would be f*cking sick and they let you steal other trainer's Pokemon.

• Brohoof 3

Dude, they should make a Pokemon game where you can play as Team Rocket and actually take over the region. That would be f*cking sick and they let you steal other trainer's Pokemon.

Not gonna lie, that's pretty dark, and I doubt that they would do that. But Nintendo should consider making a few Pokemon games intended for more mature fans, darker themes, like death maybe. I think it's worth a shot.

• Brohoof 2

I know right. Imagine it, a game where you have to PUT IN EFFORT TO DO THINGS? Imagine this! They even want to make money off of the game? Blasphemy. I agree with OP, make a game where you have to do absolutely nothing to get everything.

What if you're like me and don't have any friends, and can't trade with other people to get the trade evolutions? What if I can't afford a second system and a second game to get the trade evolution myself? Does that mean I didn't try hard enough? I was 10 when I played Pokemon, so I couldn't just "Get a job," and buy a second system and game.

It is kind of unfair. I mean- You did everything right in the game, but because you're not good at making friends and/or can't afford a second game and system to get the trade evolutions that you cannot catch them all.

Pokemon: "Gotta catch 'em All!" Not really, because I couldn't get the trade evolutions.

Edited by UrdiePie
  • Brohoof 2

What if you're like me and don't have any friends, and can't trade with other people to get the trade evolutions? What if I can't afford a second system and a second game to get the trade evolution myself? Does that mean I didn't try hard enough? I was 10 when I played Pokemon, so I couldn't just "Get a job."

It is kind of unfair. I mean- You did everything right in the game, but because you're not good at making friends and/or can't afford a second game and system to get the trade evolutions that you cannot catch them all.

Pokemon: "Gotta catch 'em All!" Not really, because I couldn't get the trade evolutions.

Then you hack. At least, that is what I do. Or, if you're playing legit just trade between two copies you own. Game Freak has to make money some way.

Not gonna lie, that's pretty dark, and I doubt that they would do that. But Nintendo should consider making a few Pokemon games intended for more mature fans, darker themes, like death maybe. I think it's worth a shot.

Dark? Pokemon? Have you read any of the pokemon's description? In one version, Hippno is said to have actually kidnapped a kid. Drifloon's descriptions say that kids who mistake it for a balloon go missing. I mean pokemon isn't that light hearted.

I think it's silly that some of the pokemon you had to trade for or participate in an event to get, but it isn't unfair. Since when is getting all of the pokemon your right?

I never had friends with the game to trade with.

Edited by Bohtty

Because Pokemon basically relies on the trading regime. I just think the trading is almost the whole point of the games, battle pokemon, get gym badges, defeat gym leaders, become a pokemon master. The trading isn't the problem, but I think a point where you actually catch them all would get boring. :P

(edited)

What if you're like me and don't have any friends, and can't trade with other people to get the trade evolutions? What if I can't afford a second system and a second game to get the trade evolution myself? Does that mean I didn't try hard enough? I was 10 when I played Pokemon, so I couldn't just "Get a job," and buy a second system and game.

And that's how they get your money. Let's say I want a Gengar or an Alakazam but, I have no one to trade with. Plus I'm broke. How is that fair? At least I can download the ROMs like I did with White 2 and use AR cheats but, I still can't trade.  :(

Edited by Neighvana666

Then you hack. At least, that is what I do. Or, if you're playing legit just trade between two copies you own. Game Freak has to make money some way.

What if you're 10, and don't know how to hack the game? Or what if you simply don't believe in hacking games to win?

Then guess what? You get to see my disappointed 10 year old face because I spent hundreds of hours playing Pokemon to catch them all, only to find out that I couldn't because I was broke and had no friends.

Being broke, and not having friends was hard enough, I don't need the game to rub it in my face too.

They did. Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness. They're both on the Gamecube, and they're both fantastic games. You should check them out.

Edited by UrdiePie

What if you're 10, and don't know how to hack the game? Or what if you simply don't believe in hacking games to win?

Then guess what? You get to see my disappointed 10 year old face because I spent hundreds of hours playing Pokemon to catch them all, only to find out that I couldn't because I was broke and had no friends.

Being broke, and not having friends was hard enough, I don't need the game to rub it in my face too.

They did. Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness. They're both on the Gamecube, and they're both fantastic games. You should check them out.

Well OK but, I'm referring to the main handheld series. Not the console spin offs. Oh let's not forget that it's impossible to get an Espeon or Umbreon in any GBA Pokemon game without Collesium or XD. 

They want people to interact with other people online and at events to get Pokemon. It is really not needed we should be able to catch every single Pokemon in one game without trading or going to events.

Edited by Crystal Skull

The same reason why they won't make a MMO of Pokemon with all the generations and regions,with new ones being patched in.

It allows them to sell the same thing over and over for $30 or whatever a DS game costs nowadays.Why have one game where you can really catch them all when you double profits and sell two of the exact same game with only a few different Pokemon between the two?

They want the game to have a social aspect. Where people want to find others who have the opposite of their game (I have Black, I'm looking for someone who has White).

Of course, you can do what I did. It is more of a win for Nintendo than for me. Buy 2 Nintendo DS models(DSi/DSlite/etc) and two copies of the pokemon game and just trade between yourself.