Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New race idea?

aRegularPony

So, I just came up with an idea for a new pony race! I guess I will explain it first.

A Blank is a pony created by scientists to be a 'canvas' for personality. They can take on traits and personality of a pony they see just by looking at them in seconds. This does mean that a unicorn Blank could learn spells by looking at a powerful unicorn, a pegasus Blank could become a faster flyer, a earth pony Blank could become stronger and so on. A Blank can choose to either keep traits from a pony, or refresh itself, loosing all personality and starting again.

The scientists also created a device called the 'Personality Painter', which will scan for a Blank and edit them, by adding a few words to their mind. Many of these devices were lost through Equestria, and some ponies found them.

Here is an example of a Blank.

THIS IS A LINK!

This is just a simple pegasus Blank. Nothing special about her.

If you guys like this idea, feel free to create a pony of this race. Also, criticism is good. Tell me if there is anything you don't like about this and I will think about how I might change it.

Edit: Adding a nerf to these ponies. A Blank can take from 5 minutes to days to learn spells, speed, strength depending on how powerful it is. Example: Raising the sun/moon would take about a week of just staring at Princess Celestia. 

More Edit: A Blank has no blood, and can also obtain several memories/thoughts. They do not feel pain, though can be killed in similiar ways to other ponies. They will also take the same emotions as the pony they are taking personality from has atm.

Edited by ~Regular aRegularPony~
  • Brohoof 1

So... All these Blanks need to do is to take a single glance of Twilight's cutie mark, and then suddenly they're as smart as her? img-1145432-1-Dt55G.png

This kind of ponies could use some kind of limiter on what kind of talents they can copy and how many of that talents they can keep at a time, or else we will have a dozen of unicorns that can raise the sun.

Hm, Mirror isn't what I expected. I figured a Blank would be more monochromatic, a literal blank canvas. Then, they could alter themselves to what they liked in a particular pony- whether that be an attribute, physical characteristic, or a chunk of personality.

Though, it must be a funny conversation with a Blank.

• Brohoof 2

So... All these Blanks need to do is to take a single glance of Twilight's cutie mark, and then suddenly they're as smart as her? img-1145432-1-Dt55G.png

This kind of ponies could use some kind of limiter on what kind of talents they can copy and how many of that talents they can keep at a time, or else we will have a dozen of unicorns that can raise the sun.

Hmm... That is true. I'll think of something to lesser the Blank's effect.

Hm, Mirror isn't what I expected. I figured a Blank would be more monochromatic, a literal blank canvas. Then, they could alter themselves to what they liked in a particular pony- whether that be an attribute, physical characteristic, or a chunk of personality.

Though, it must be a funny conversation with a Blank.

The idea was that the scientists created a pony that could be mistaken for a real pony, but really was just a Blank. Seeing a grey pony wouldn't really help that, as you would think that Discord was spreading chaos again or realize it was a Blank.

Also, yea. A conversation would be interesting, depending on how the Blank plays it out. They might still have traits from another pony, or you could be talking to someone who is pretty much you.

This reminds me quite a lot of Changelings, because as you said, they copy what they see, so, you know, that's Changelings. Cool idea, but we kinda already have this :\

I get that the premise is different, and they were created differently, but still, they sort of do the same thing here, for different reasons, but the same thing.

Edited by Brook

This reminds me quite a lot of Changelings, because as you said, they copy what they see, so, you know, that's Changelings. Cool idea, but we kinda already have this :\

I get that the premise is different, and they were created differently, but still, they sort of do the same thing here, for different reasons, but the same thing.

There may be similarities, but I feel like the main difference between Blanks and Changelings is that Changelings copy and entire pony. They don't absorb or gain any of the traits of tendencies of said pony. Blanks... are like babies, or small children! They learn habits and behaviors from those around them.

There may be similarities, but I feel like the main difference between Blanks and Changelings is that Changelings copy and entire pony. They don't absorb or gain any of the traits of tendencies of said pony. Blanks... are like babies, or small children! They learn habits and behaviors from those around them.

I guess but it still feels too similar for my taste. It's probably just me though, I'm sure it's a pretty unique idea, and obviously they have differences, but it doesn't do it for me :\

Edited by Brook

I guess but it still feels too similar for my taste. It's probably just me though, I'm sure it's a pretty unique idea, and obviously they have differences, but it doesn't do it for me :\

Which is totally cool, and I respect that you had your opinion, and I agree with you on some of your points. Perhaps wording is key?

Which is totally cool, and I respect that you had your opinion, and I agree with you on some of your points. Perhaps wording is key?

Perhaps, but then again everything is similar if you generalize it. I mean the earth and the sun are in the same solar system, they must be similar right? Yeah well no. So, once again, probably just me here.

Perhaps, but then again everything is similar if you generalize it. I mean the earth and the sun are in the same solar system, they must be similar right? Yeah well no. So, once again, probably just me here.

Nah, it can seem really similar. Again, wording is sometimes the issue. Being vague doesn't work well all the time. It's not you, though :)

the cyberpony with exactly the same idea of fallout equestria project horizan 

the cyber pony is like blackjack from the story

although she may seem normal she has cybernetic legs and eyes

img-1146002-1-Char_-_Blackjack_(Stanwuuz

Ummm.... What? I don't quite understand what you mean. Cyberpony? Did you even read the post? 

Oh, do you mean the fact that Blanks are made by scientists? Well, they are fully biological, not robotic. 100% Hoofmade flesh and bones.

Ummm.... What? I don't quite understand what you mean. Cyberpony? Did you even read the post? 

Oh, do you mean the fact that Blanks are made by scientists? Well, they are fully biological, not robotic. 100% Hoofmade flesh and bones.

well 

obvisly you dont know the story

there is a cyborg (not the same one)

called deus and he was made in a lab

after the war he went onto freeroam

blackjack was infected with a radiation like thing which took her eyes and legs so she had them replaced with cybernetic part

well 

obvisly you dont know the story

there is a cyborg (not the same one)

called deus and he was made in a lab

after the war he went onto freeroam

blackjack was infected with a radiation like thing which took her eyes and legs so she had them replaced with cybernetic part

Oh... Ok... Still has nothing to do with Blanks. Interesting, but completely unrelated. Maybe if you re-read the original post? Or something?

Oh... Ok... Still has nothing to do with Blanks. Interesting, but completely unrelated. Maybe if you re-read the original post? Or something?

oh i thought you ment our ideas you should of had the title as "my Race idea" because grammer matters alot around these parts

• 3 weeks later...

oh i thought you ment our ideas you should of had the title as "my Race idea" because grammer matters alot around these parts

Um... This isn't grammar. This is your personal understanding. Though I don't want to argue, so lets drop it. No, not the bass. The possible argument that could have been coming. Due to me being me.

• 3 months later...

You're talking about grammar, yet you can't spell it, and you have tons of grammatical and spelling errors -_(\

Not trying to make an argument here. I'm just saying that you shouldn't tell others to use proper grammar when you're not using it yourself.

As for the Blanks idea, I quite like it. I will possibly make a Blank OC.

You're talking about grammar, yet you can't spell it, and you have tons of grammatical and spelling errors -_(\

Not trying to make an argument here. I'm just saying that you shouldn't tell others to use proper grammar when you're not using it yourself.

As for the Blanks idea, I quite like it. I will possibly make a Blank OC.

along time ago, when zee captein was new to the internet

he jumped to conclusions a lot and made plenty of mistakes on the forum.

that is the story