Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your Opinions on Facial Hair

Master Blade the Bearded

Just like the title says. What is your opinion on facial hair?

If you are a guy,

Do you have facial hair? If so, what kind and why do you? If not, why not?

If you are a girl,

What do you think about guys with facial hair? Which way do you prefer males, clean-shaven or hairy?

(These are just some ideas to get you going. Feel free to express your opinion on the topic.)

I personally have facial hair. Have had a full beard for almost four years now.

I usually keep it about 1/2 an inch to 3/4 an inch long, but I haven't trimmed it back down since No-Shave-November, so it's quite a bit longer now.

Mein Gott, taking this picture showed me how much I need to trim that thing. I might do that tomorrow.

post-8916-0-81277500-1360045826_thumb.jpg

Edited by Master Blade the Bearded
  • Brohoof 1

Just a little bit, only have to shave every now and then, it's premature fluffy mustache / beard hair, lol.

Facial hair is fine for me, but if you already have it and decide to shave, I'm going to have a lot of trouble recognizing you next time I see you xD

• Brohoof 1

I've had a soul patch for about three years, and recently decided to add a goatee (without moustache) to the mix. I usually keep it about 1/4" thick. I do it because I think it accents my face well.

Edited by AtomicBassCannon
  • Brohoof 1

I'm a guy and I don't have facial hair... it bothers me because people assume I'm younger than what I am, they're like: "Oh, you're 15" or something and I'm just like "No, I'm 18 and almost 19" -.- but my dad tells me that when I grow hair I'll be wishing to be back to not having facial hair. But honestly right now I don't really care that much.

I'm a guy and I don't have facial hair... it bothers me because people assume I'm younger than what I am, they're like: "Oh, you're 15" or something and I'm just like "No, I'm 18 and almost 19" -.- but my dad tells me that when I grow hair I'll be wishing to be back to not having facial hair. But honestly right now I don't really care that much.

Yeah, it can be a little annoying.

I'm seventeen and because of my facial hair I've gotten up to twenty-seven for my age. That can get a little old though...

Opinion? I have no formal opinion on facial hair in general.. Preference is another matter though. :P

Hehe. I want a beard like beloved icon Santa Claus. Too bad you have to put up with years of "Why don't you shave?"

Don't have much facial hair myself.  I'm Asian, so even at my adult age growing a beard is very difficult.  If I let it go for a week, I might look like a cross between Shaggy from Scooby Doo and Fu Manchu.

• Brohoof 5

I'm 14, and I've just recently started getting lip hair that you can actually somewhat see. However, I've been shaving until I can actually grow a mustache that's not just a bunch of patches. I haven't yet grown anything resembling a beard or sideburns.

I think mustaches/beards/sideburns are okay in your 20's and later, but not as okay/good looking in your teens.

Edited by Betez

Hmm, well I think I started growing facial hair around 14/15, and I used to have a wet razor. 

I'm now 18, and i'm sure you can imagine what it's like now thanks for 3/4 years of constant shaving. Thankfully though I have an electric stubble trimmer, so I like to keep everything I grow apart from my moustache. And I grow a fair bit - not loads and loads, but enough for me. 

When I was 15 and I let it grow, I always got told I look about 20. Don't see it myself. 

Personally I think guys look a lot better with facial hair, you're a man! It was given to you to grow so grow it :P 

I like having some facial hair, just a goatee and moustache, trimmed of course. I'm not a big fan of a full blown beard although I have full respect for anyone who wants to have one.

I've had mine as some sort of goatee tache combo since I was able to grow hair, but I keep it mainly because I have some scars on my face from dental surgery and it makes me feel less self conscious of them.

Just for the record I'm not evil... Of course if I was I'd say that, wouldn't I?

Edited by Fridge

I have my mustache, but I keep my beard trimmed, since it doesn't look that good...yet. I plan on growing one out about the age of 25. If you are going to have facial hair, you must look good with it.

Edited by Retro✮Derpy
  • Brohoof 1

I shaved last night. Right now, I just shave once a week but sometimes I feel like I should shave twice a week. I tried a goatee but only kept it 2 weeks.

I'm just not really a big fan of facial hair. It just doesn't feel right for me.

I am clean shaved myself both because it is part of the dress code where I work and because I don't think I look all that great with a beard anyway. I did grow a mustache for a while and it looked okay but it wasn't really my thing so I shaved it off my hair grows ridiculously fast I only need a couple of days to have a full fledged beard so I have to shave every day.

-Male-

I hate a love/hate relationship with facial hair.

Sometimes I'll grow out mine for month, though I don't get far, just extended stubs.

Then sometimes I'll shave about 1 or 2 times a month.

I can't grow out a full grown beard or mustache at all :(

All I get are extended stubs, which look rough.

I like having a beard.  I've never much liked how I looked without facial hair.  I used to do the chinstrap/goatee, but a little over two years ago, I decided to shave down to nothing and see how it'd come in without shaving at all.

• Brohoof 2

i love the look, but i hate the maintenance  somedays it looks awesome, others it looks like shit (having a bad beard day), rocks in the winter, sucks in the summer. 

i like the look of mine and would feel lost without it, but it has its share of issues. still, i wouldnt shave it down anytime soon.