Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your Opinions on Facial Hair

Master Blade the Bearded

Yeah im a guy and i have the manliest of facial hair...except thats a lie :(  It took me 21 years to grow little strands of hair where my mustache and beard should be. I then had to shave all of that off due to my jobs grooming requirements. In my opinion Facial hair is an absolute must for a guy. Facial hair is practical. It blocks The cold wind during those stormy seasons and keeps the harsh UV rays from burning your face. Plus the Ladies love facial hair. B)

Personally I don't mind if anyone else has facial hair, or hell I don't even think I'd mind if a girl had facial hair, but uh I don't really want to have a beard or mustache or anything on my face. There's just something about having facial hair that just makes me feel weird and kind of primitive; almost as if I was a caveman. Plus, I kind of prefer to look younger where as beards and stuff make people look older so hey.

I shave like once or twice every week, depending on if my face gets noticeably hairy or not.

Edited by Lord Bababa
  • Brohoof 1

I have a full beard that I keep routinely trimmed and I quite like it now. It was a mighty pain to get it started, most guides I read told me not to trim it for at least 2 months so I essentially had a neck beard from November to December last year. You can just imagine how unbelievably itchy it was for the first month, but I should note it stopped itching after a few weeks.

The best way to describe it is that it looks exactly like obi wan kenobi's beard from episode 3, colour and all. It makes me look a bit more mature, especially when you throw my glasses into the mix, but I still look friendly and approachable.

The absolute best part of my beard though is having something to stroke while I ponder. For this reason, I doubt I will ever go back to clean shaven.

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 1

I'm a 15 year old teenager, and even though some people in my school already have facial hair, I don't.

You see, my armpits are hairy enough to be annoying, but my face is clean as a baby's butt. Isn't that just wonderful? ^_^

Edited by PinkiePai

Mostly I never let grow too much, just a bit hairy and then shave it off. Thought to be honest I would prefer if I didn't have facial hair. Just cause I don't like having to shave myself every once in awhile.

But that's just my opinion :)

Well, I don't like having facial hair, but not so much that I frequently shave.  I only shave about once a week, so I usually end up pretty scruffy by the time I get around to shaving again.  Plus, I can't shave every day because it results in a lot of red marks from skin irritation.

I love facial hair :P

I dunno, I think it just looks badass and is like one of the stepping stones into becoming a man, hahaha.

Here's mine from a few months ago. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't proud of it at age 15 :o

post-2958-0-32427500-1360040646.png

• Brohoof 2

It really depends on what it is. Afternoon shadow, stubble, scraggly, unkempt things, dirty beards with food stuck in them, and generally beards that aren't taken care of, I find to be not attractive. However, hair is the same way, and I know hair can be styled quite nicely. I really don't mind beards, and may even like them, when they are properly groomed, styled, or match nicely with the haircut. And I would go so far as to say that it would be awesome if more facial hair looked like...

mustaches1_zpsae03e82e.jpg

The-Beards-and-Moustaches-005_zpsee4972b

You get the idea.

In a nutshell: Just like hair, facial hair can be very unattractive , unless properly groomed and styled, and then it can look quite handsome.

I love facial hair :P

I dunno, I think it just looks badass and is like one of the stepping stones into becoming a man, hahaha.

Here's mine from a few months ago. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't proud of it at age 15 :o

attachicon.gifBEARDHEAD.png

Two Words: Holy hell.

Edited by Modphase
  • Brohoof 2

Female here,

it's ok as long as you do 't go overboard.

Some people do look better with it on and some need to shave.

But, it's how you want too look not anyone else

• Brohoof 1

Facial hair: not sure if gusta. I just don't like it... then again, I don't really like hair in general unless it's on the top of the head. I just think it's kind of... eh...

Gotta love facial hair.

I'm thinking maybe later in life I should grow one of these.

pirate_jack_sparrow1.jpg

Gimli.jpg

the-hobbit-an-unexpected-journey-dwarves

Seneca-Crane.jpg

41x5MLa36aL._SX500_.jpg

I used to have a mustache for quite some time, but then it grew a goatee. Now it's a round beard. Facial hair is a necessity for men. Especially if without it, they look younger. As is my case.

I was born with Spanish, Filipino and Chinese blood. I received my facial hair from my grandfather from my mom's side as he was pure-blood Spanish. I find it irritating sometimes especially in a tropical climate like here in the Philippines. I used to shave it off alamost every week but now I just let it grow until becomes a nuisance. But I'm glad my beard and mustache grows into a clear natural form. Not in small patches or etc...

Me circa November, 2012:
post-2940-0-72524700-1360429845_thumb.jpg

I don't hate it, I learned to live with it since it's the fast growth type and shaving is rendered virtually irrelevant at this point.

• 9 months later...

I'm a guy and I have a goatee. I feel as though it gives me a sense of manliness and makes me seem a bit more respectable. Without facial hair, I just look absolutely hideous. I can't stand looking at my own face without facial hair. I sort of need it to look good.

I am 15... I want facial hair.. xD

I don't think I will look any special with it, it is just that people in my family does not really get it ever...

(I would probably shave it though)

My uncle is 35 and have never shaved... :blink:

(Lets just hope that I look more like my Icelandic family than the latin americans...)

Edited by CrayZ
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

I have a mustache and a small beard. Mostly because it makes me look a little older. I've been ridiculed a lot in the past for looking too young for my age. So I guess that kinda scarred me. :(

Edited by LatinoChurro

I used to really dislike Facial hair, however as I've matured, I don't mind it as much

It really depends on the guy's face however

and I usually like more well-trimmed facial hair than anything