Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

'Whipped' guys

Shankveld

One day as I was exploring the internet, I came by the fad of the sh*t ____ say videos and watch quite a few before coming across this video:

The two top comments on the video are:

This just seems like a man who treats his woman well and loves her.

so I decided to skim through some of the other comments which were like:

for the comments above me with the " shit perfect guys say" that aint true whipped guys always get manipulated and taken advantage of so please this is hilarious but any guy that is like this and wants a healthy long lasting relationship has to be a man sometimes and not always report back to tha pusseyyyy

MrGiannone03 9 seconds ago

@drunk4jesus LMAO r u kidding me? you clearly are a virgin...

DarrelGOP 11 hours ago

He's a fruitcake.

gatch92 11 hours ago

Lol why are all these girls like: OMG OMG he's such a good bf, or Omg i hope i have a bf like this someday, or OMG i am jealous! ?? o.O when you guys find a good guy who treats you and loves you like this you just get bored of them and think he's predictable and not spontaneous, then you go look for a guy who treats you like a dumb B**ch... im puzzled? but in all seriousness subconsciously you like being dominated over.

AngelFireXI 12 hours ago 7 Posted Image

judging from top comments a lot of girls feel like this is how it should be. If you want a whipped boyfriend you have skewed expectations or are probably lying. You seriously want some guy who is gonna sit and watch some stupid reality show every night, ditches his friends, lies about liking the hipster clothes you buy him and just acts clingy ? That aint a real man.

boyrandom72 12 hours ago 3 Posted Image

I further went to go see what urban dictionary thought on this subject:

1. whipped 4342 up, 600 down

being completely controlled by your girlfriend or boyfriend...in most cases a guy being completely controlled by his girlfriend.

4. whipped 1086 up, 644 down

The mis-labeling of sincere devotion between a man and a woman as some sort of failure on the part (typically) of the man. This mis-labeling isn't applied by any sort of "lover" grade male; rather, the labler is usually a misogynist frat-boy hedonist incapable of rubbing two higher-level brain cells together longer than the time taken to hit the bong or crush a beer can on his head. Mislabeling based on an inability to comprehend that men and women can have long-term, spiritually fulfilling relationships beyond the more obvious physical calisthetics...and that a man who puts the hapiness and joy of his woman above his own hapiness is the essence of successful relationships, NOT a failure. Obviously, when a woman reciprocates in kind, the result is the pinnacle of human hapiness and spiritual fulfillment.

Frat boy: Me wake up on floor in puddle of own vomit. Me only f*ck drunk ho's at party....hmm...that guy happy with woman, say he LOVE woman...he WHIPPED I bet.

Evolved human: did you hear that? it sounded like a pre-humanoid predecessor, giving off a mating call for antelope..!

My own boyfriend has been accused of being whipped because he decided to watch a soccer game with me instead of his friends (by his own vocation), he says he prefers hanging around me because he can be himself and not worry about his friends judging him. ~

You may also want to note that the guy who called him whipped is currently single and cheated on his last girlfriend several times. ~

TL;DR

Thoughts and opinions on 'whipped guys'

Edited by Shankveld
  • Brohoof 3

Hm.

I've got a buddy who was whipped. This girl cheated on him with three different guys over the span of their relationship (somehow convincing him that it was his fault she did so), and cheated with him while in another. It took us a long time to convince him to get her out of his life, and now he's with someone who treats him right.

I don't agree with the traditional sense of whipped, because it's only natural to treat someone you love well, but one has to try to find some middle ground and continue to be their own person.

There are some guys who act like they are whipped but aren't really. If something really rubbed them the wrong way, they would stand against it despite what the consequences with his girlfriend might be.

I happen to be one of those people. I do what the girlfriend wants until she does or wants something that I don't feel is right, then I'll say something about it. If the problem isn't fixed, then I start something over it.

Most of the time, doing what a girl wants isn't all that much of a bother so we do it because it's not bothersome at all.

Plus I happen to be a super nice guy a lot of the time so I may look whipped but I'm really not.

• Brohoof 1

To me, the term 'whipped' should only really be appointed to either an unrequited relationship, where feeling of affection generally aren't reciprocated by one's partner, or a situation where one particular partner attempts to exploit the others love through means of manipulation and emotional influence.

If both partners feel the same way towards each other, and neither is out to benefit from ones willingness to appease the other (much like the circumstances you mentioned between you and your boyfriend), then there's no real 'whipping' going on, but rather a healthy, mutually beneficial relationship. Many men tend to throw around such terms as a means of persuading their friends to conform to the petty-minded male stereotype of remaining the so called dominant member of any emotional affair, as a means of justifying their own masculinity, which needless to say, is a pretty juvenile line of thought.

• Brohoof 6

I agree with BOTH the above. You should love and invest energy in the one you love, but you also want to make sure your efforts are appreciated. For a (very) short term version, see Rarity and Blueblood. Rarity was putting forth all the effort to at least get him interested but he cared for nothing but himself and his own image. Obviously it was one party not a long term relationship, but the idea is the same. I've had one girlfriend so far, I loved her with all my heart and still do. I preferred to spend time with her for the same reason previously mentioned, there's no place more comfortable in the world than in the arms of a woman who loves you. A man, a REAL man appreciates the woman who chooses to spend time with and confide in him.

To me, the term 'whipped' should only really be appointed to either an unrequited relationship, where feeling of affection generally aren't reciprocated by one's partner, or a situation where one particular partner attempts to exploit the others love through means of manipulation and emotional influence.

If both partners feel the same way towards each other, and neither is out to benefit from ones willingness to appease the other (much like the circumstances you mentioned between you and your boyfriend), then there's no real 'whipping' going on, but rather a healthy, mutually beneficial relationship. Many men tend to throw around such terms as a means of persuading their friends to conform to the petty-minded male stereotype of remaining the so called dominant member of any emotional affair, as a means of justifying their own masculinity, which needless to say, is a pretty undeveloped line of thought.

Forget what I said! That's the best explanation right there!

Funny to mention though, up until recently, one could almost say that Spike was "whipped."

Edited by Steelquill
  • Brohoof 2

One good friend of mine is quite "whipped". He spend much time with his friends(including me) but since he got into a relationship(2years ago) he hardly finds any time at all. He even has to ask his gf(who plays in a sports team too) first when he wants to play hockey with us. Altough it sometimes is annoying I don't blame him for this. Some of our friends started to poke fun on him and started complaining but I know he is still a good friend and hasn't forgotten any of us(he visited all of our birthday parties, tough he had no time at all this month). I am just really afraid that his girlfriend would leave him someday because I think he may fall in deep depression.

Edited by PonyPunk

I dont agree with the common use of the word 'whipped'. Just because someone is dedicated to a relationship doesent make him (or her) a wus, within reason.

On the other hand, if someone is doing things they really dont want to (wearing 'fruitcake' clothes they dont like, or not going out with their freinds when they really want to) for no good reason other than their partner likes it, then yes, they are whipped. QUA-CHOW. Under cercumstances like that, its not really a good relationship if you ask me... But that is just me. I like to continue my identity after im in a relationship is all im saying...

• Brohoof 1

"Whipped" guys are halarious to watch. One of my friend's girlfriend was so bad he literally couldn't do a single thing he enjoyed if she was in the room, heaven forbid actually leave her company for more than 10 minutes. Glad he finally realized it himself and ended it so now he can finally go outside once in a while.

Honestly I'd rather be FOREVER ALONE than have to suffer through something like that myself.

Seeing as I find greater enjoyment in helping others and giving my time and efforts instead of receiving, I'd be whipped and proud of it. Won't make me a doormat and I'll stand for what I'll need to, but it would make the relationship go much more smoothly.

• Brohoof 1

I always give my girlfriend every say in every tiny matter in the relationship.

I love(d) her too much to say no :/

Then she takes advantage of you and makes the relationship horrible, because people with power are terrible.