Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My friend thinks I'm a contradiction for being a brony

Le Kvlt Dawn

Well I tried reasoning with him today at lunch. Then he told me that he never said that (he's lying) and then called me "white trash" for listening to metal. Yes, he called me "white trash" for my taste in music even though he likes Eminem.  

Wow he can't even get his stereotypes right? Seriously though that is not cool, is it really necessary for him or anyone to insult you just for having different taste in something?

Well, let me start of by saying that my friend is a brony too and that his favorite pony is Pinkie Pie. OK so one day I was looking up Rarity memes at school, on the computer, during lunch with him. Then we started talking about music and he said "I think it's a contradiction that you're a brony and that you listen to death metal". In my mind I was like, "What the motherf*cking f*cker of all f*cking f*cks is he talking about?". Well let me just say that there are plenty of brony metalheads. Just go to Crispy's metal thread. (It's in media discussion.) But at the same time, I can't take someone who thinks Insane Clown Posse is better than both Death and Morbid Angel seriously (I let him use my iPod). And I never called HIM a contradiction for listening to juggalos rap about, whatever it is they rap about and watch MLP.  So how am I a contradiction? The fact that you get labeled as a weirdo for not being like everyone else is bullshit, but having to conform to the standards of a fandom? That's BEYOND BULLSHIT! I'm not saying he's a poser but quite frankly, he is being a bit of a jerk. 

I think I'm going to resolve this issue with him tomorrow. (Not in a fight.)

I dislike rap music, but I don't constantly complain about it either. Musical tastes have nothing to do with being a brony, being a brony is about liking the show, or, if you're more extreme, about being an active part of the show's community as well.

I dislike rap music, but I don't constantly complain about it either. Musical tastes have nothing to do with being a brony, being a brony is about liking the show, or, if you're more extreme, about being an active part of the show's community as well.

I don't constantly b*tch about how much I dislike rap either. Like I mentioned before, I tried settling this but he just ended up calling me "white trash". He also said that I'm way too uptight and need to loosen up.

What does being a brony have anything to do with your taste in music.

Me for example I like any genre of music, except (this is my taste and preferences) hard meatl and country.

Now if you told me you liked these genres of music, then that's cool. I have nothing against you.

We all have different tast and preferences and there isn't a right or wrong genre of music. It's all based on what we like and don't like.

So no your taste in music has nothing to do with you contradicting anything about being a brony.

What does being a brony have anything to do with your taste in music.

Me for example I like any genre of music, except (this is my taste and preferences) hard meatl and country.

Now if you told me you liked these genres of music, then that's cool. I have nothing against you.

We all have different tast and preferences and there isn't a right or wrong genre of music. It's all based on what we like and don't like.

So no your taste in music has nothing to do with you contradicting anything about being a brony.

Actually there's no such thing as "hard metal" and I think Johnny Cash is pretty badass for a country musician. Hell, I have soft spot for old country songs but, modern country is sh*t I'll tell you that.

Music, like other things is subjective so like you said, there is no right or wrong.

• Brohoof 1

"I think it's a contradiction that you're a brony and that you listen to death metal". In my mind I was like, "What the motherf*cking f*cker of all f*cking f*cks is he talking about?".

I lol'd at this.

But in all seriousness it doesn't matter what you listen to.

I think its more or less people pre-conceived notions of metalheads

I listen to bands like ISIS, Kvelertak, Three Days Grace, Metallica.

All the way down to bands like, Suicide Silence, Rings of Saturn, As Blood Runs Black, Carnifex, Thy Art is Murder, and Whitechapel.

And I'm one of the happiest care-free people ever.(at least that what I've been told)

I think this describes the situation.

post-10550-0-95408700-1360132698_thumb.png

post-10550-0-23836100-1360132718_thumb.png

Edited by yourmomsponies

If the music you listen to dictates your life then my life is F'ed-up lol. I like music from most genres. Every genre has its good and bad. If I listen to country does that make me a redneck or rap make me a wannabe gangsta.

Ps Cash is the shit. That is all.

Edited by PfcRich

But at the same time, I can't take someone who thinks Insane Clown Posse is better than both Death and Morbid Angel seriously (I let him use my iPod).

Holy buck.

This guy...

ICP.

Really?

How could anyone possibly, remotely, like ICP. They rap about some of the stupidest stuff. Not to mention they're rappers outfitted as clowns.

• Brohoof 1

Ahaha. Death metal and ponies, my two favourite things. Throw Winter Wrap Up on a playlist of Dismember, Nile, Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, Possessed, Death, God Dethroned, Autposy, Malevolent Creation, and Vital Remains, and you've got some really confused onlookers from both sides of the issue. ;)

Well, let me start of by saying that my friend is a brony too and that his favorite pony is Pinkie Pie. OK so one day I was looking up Rarity memes at school, on the computer, during lunch with him. Then we started talking about music and he said "I think it's a contradiction that you're a brony and that you listen to death metal". In my mind I was like, "What the motherf*cking f*cker of all f*cking f*cks is he talking about?". Well let me just say that there are plenty of brony metalheads. Just go to Crispy's metal thread. (It's in media discussion.) But at the same time, I can't take someone who thinks Insane Clown Posse is better than both Death and Morbid Angel seriously (I let him use my iPod). And I never called HIM a contradiction for listening to juggalos rap about, whatever it is they rap about and watch MLP.  So how am I a contradiction? The fact that you get labeled as a weirdo for not being like everyone else is bullshit, but having to conform to the standards of a fandom? That's BEYOND BULLSHIT! I'm not saying he's a poser but quite frankly, he is being a bit of a jerk. 

I think I'm going to resolve this issue with him tomorrow. (Not in a fight.)

If you need any support for your argument, I might have a suggestion for you.

Now how can any friend possibly argue with that? 

• Brohoof 1

I can one-up that, even. These guys actually have an album out, they're on Metal Archives, and apparently actually published this as a track on their new release. Fo reals.

Lol I wear tons of deathcore/djent band tshirts along with my MLP buttons. I think it only seems ironic because the metalheads are supposed to look "tough" or something. Ah well, nothing wrong with having a soft side.

(edited)

If you need any support for your argument, I might have a suggestion for you.

Now how can any friend possibly argue with that? 

Dude you tube videos don't work for me on here. :(  Could you tell me what the song is called?

Ahaha. Death metal and ponies, my two favourite things. Throw Winter Wrap Up on a playlist of Dismember, Nile, Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, Possessed, Death, God Dethroned, Autposy, Malevolent Creation, and Vital Remains, and you've got some really confused onlookers from both sides of the issue. ;)

You forgot Morbid Angel  :angry:  and Carcass :angry:  and Napalm Death :angry:  and At the Gates :angry:  and Amon Amarth :angry:

Lol I wear tons of deathcore/djent band tshirts along with my MLP buttons. I think it only seems ironic because the metalheads are supposed to look "tough" or something. Ah well, nothing wrong with having a soft side.

Well, I don't like deathcore, and I don't listen to djent. But I would wear corpse paint in an MLP shirt. I wish I had one, I really want one with Rainbow Dash or Rarity (my two favorites). That sh*t would be kvlt as f*ck.

Edited by Neighvana666

I think it would be hilarious to have a performance at school or something with a metal band and the members are wearing MLP shirts or of the likes, while doing some serious headbanging, vocal growls, and breakdowns and such. Would probably confuse many many many people.

• Brohoof 2

I think it would be hilarious to have a performance at school or something with a metal band and the members are wearing MLP shirts or of the likes, while doing some serious headbanging, vocal growls, and breakdowns and such. Would probably confuse many many many people.

Yes it would, except for breakdowns. Breakdowns are lame, sweep picking and soloing is at least 20% cooler. Oh and let's not forget tremolo picking. Although, it's more of a black metal thing.

Yes it would, except for breakdowns. Breakdowns are lame, sweep picking and soloing is at least 20% cooler. Oh and let's not forget tremolo picking. Although, it's more of a black metal thing.

I only say that to emphasize the heaviness in contrast to the pony merch. :P

But I do like a good technical and melodic breakdown. :<

I only say that to emphasize the heaviness in contrast to the pony merch. :P

But I do like a good technical and melodic breakdown. :<

Ehh, I still don't like breakdowns. Although some terrible AKA lo-fi studio recordings would be pretty cool. It'll be a special kind of black metal but except, instead of singing about Satan they sing about Luna/Discord. And how Celestia is evil and a murderer LOL.

Oh, sure, it's called My Little Pony Meets Metal; it's a very popular selection, only takes a few minutes to find on Google,max ;) just google My Little Pony Metal, and you're right there :D

Dude you tube videos don't work for me on here. :(  Could you tell me what the song is called?

Well, I don't like deathcore, and I don't listen to djent. But I would wear corpse paint in an MLP shirt. I wish I had one, I really want one with Rainbow Dash or Rarity (my two favorites). That sh*t would be kvlt as f*ck.

Why not buy one? There are plenty choose from, and selections are vast enough to suit just about any brony:

http://www.redbubble.com/people/dfragrance/collections/97946-my-little-pony-shirts

• Brohoof 1

That's not true at all. One of the coolest things about bronies is that any kind of person can be a brony, all they really have to do is like a TV show.

Still, even though your friend is in the wrongs, always remember to love and tolerate. That means respecting the opinions of others, even when they're WRONG!1!1!!!1!! XP

I fail to see how watching MLP and liking metal is either contradictory or ironic. My music tastes have no bearing on what shows I watch (with exception of Glee, the songs make me cringe). And as a few people have mentioned most metalheads are just normal people that lie heavy music that's all.

Some of the songs are even about love and friendship so no contradiction at all there.

I fail to see how watching MLP and liking metal is either contradictory or ironic. My music tastes have no bearing on what shows I watch (with exception of Glee, the songs make me cringe). And as a few people have mentioned most metalheads are just normal people that lie heavy music that's all.

Some of the songs are even about love and friendship so no contradiction at all there.

I had mentioned that its the stereotypical thought of metal heads having to look "tough and brutal" because of the music being just so. It's just a stereotype.

(edited)

Music tastes have absolutely nothing with being a brony.  You like the music that you like.  Heck most people don't listen to what the lyrics are actually saying anyway, they just like the beat.

But, I like to pay attention to the lyrics.  :(  As well as the singing, guitar, guitar effects, drumming, and even the bass. And by bass I mean a bass guitar, if you drop it you'll break it and end up buying a new one. 

Edited by Neighvana666
  • Brohoof 1