Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My friend thinks I'm a contradiction for being a brony

Le Kvlt Dawn

But, I like to pay attention to the lyrics.  :(  As well as the singing, guitar, guitar effects, drumming, and even the bass. And by bass I mean a bass guitar, if you drop it you'll break it and end up buying a new one. 

Oh, I do too.  Just saying a lot of people, in general, don't.  I listen to a lot of different music and I love listening to the instrumentals and such.  It's funny because when I'm listening to something metal people are like "why are you listening to that?"  "For the instrumentals." I say.  Then they go on about how you can't understand the lyrics.  That's when I kind of go "Huh?" because that must mean they actually listen to the lyrics in the rap music they are listening to and they are OK with it. 

Edited by CharmingKnight
  • Brohoof 1

Oh, I do too.  Just saying a lot of people, in general, don't.  I listen to a lot of different music and I love listening to the instrumentals and such.  It's funny because when I'm listening to something metal people are like "why are you listening to that?"  "For the instrumentals." I say.  Then they go on about how you can't understand the lyrics.  That's when I kind of go "Huh?" because that must mean they actually listen to the lyrics in the rap music they are listening to and they are OK with it. 

I know right? My cousin asked me the same thing she told me, "Why do you like that kind of music?" And I said, "Why not? Why do you like music that's popular?". Then she said that she doesn't listen to music that's popular even though she's fond of the music on the radio.  <_<

• Brohoof 1

Well, let me start of by saying that my friend is a brony too and that his favorite pony is Pinkie Pie. OK so one day I was looking up Rarity memes at school, on the computer, during lunch with him. Then we started talking about music and he said "I think it's a contradiction that you're a brony and that you listen to death metal". In my mind I was like, "What the motherf*cking f*cker of all f*cking f*cks is he talking about?". Well let me just say that there are plenty of brony metalheads. Just go to Crispy's metal thread. (It's in media discussion.) But at the same time, I can't take someone who thinks Insane Clown Posse is better than both Death and Morbid Angel seriously (I let him use my iPod). And I never called HIM a contradiction for listening to juggalos rap about, whatever it is they rap about and watch MLP.  So how am I a contradiction? The fact that you get labeled as a weirdo for not being like everyone else is bullshit, but having to conform to the standards of a fandom? That's BEYOND BULLSHIT! I'm not saying he's a poser but quite frankly, he is being a bit of a jerk. 

I think I'm going to resolve this issue with him tomorrow. (Not in a fight.)

You shouldn't worry about what he thinks of you, and just be yourself. Personally, I'm a huge fan of symphonic metal, esp. Nightwish. I like some other stuff like power metal and melodic/folk death metal too. We all have our different tastes, whether or not we watch MLP. For me, MLP has drawn me away from the more negative/dark kinds of movies, music, etc I used to like, which has improved my life and happiness considerably. However, we're all different people, and if you like heavy metal there's nothing wrong with that, regardless of what your friend thinks of you.

• Brohoof 2

You shouldn't worry about what he thinks of you, and just be yourself. Personally, I'm a huge fan of symphonic metal, esp. Nightwish. I like some other stuff like power metal and melodic/folk death metal too. We all have our different tastes, whether or not we watch MLP. For me, MLP has drawn me away from the more negative/dark kinds of movies, music, etc I used to like, which has improved my life and happiness considerably. However, we're all different people, and if you like heavy metal there's nothing wrong with that, regardless of what your friend thinks of you.

Wow, really?  :blink: Because if anything, I started to get more into "darker" music the more I watched MLP lol. I didn't start listening to bands like Darkthrone, Deicide, Electric Wizard, Carcass and Cannibal Corpse until after I became a brony. In fact, I just started listening to Obituary and I'm listening to them right now. :wub:  

• 8 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...