MadDoggyca

1.jpg

According to Daniel Ingram's List. There are 91 episodes from Season 1-4 

Now, do the math. 
S1 - 26 
S2 - 26 
S3 - 13 

26+26+13 = 65 

Now, what makes 91 Episodes? Well the obviously number would be 26. Yes there are 26 episodes in Season 4. Everyone rejoice. 

Edited by ~Lawful Feld0~
fixing legibility; embedding the image
  • Brohoof 29

Yes! I'm glad they experimented with a 13 episode season, but I honestly like 16 episodes a little more.

But wait, this means we have to wait longer for season 4! :(

• Brohoof 1

Math saves the day, yet again! *rejoices*

If the whole Twilight thing doesn't go badly, I have a feeling that S4 will be awesome. In my opinion, 26 is the perfect number of episodes a show's season should have. It's not too long and not too short. It's going to be great! :wub:

• Brohoof 5

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Anyway, that's pretty sweet.  I was really hoping that the next season would have 26 episodes.  Here's hoping they can keep the quality up.

• Brohoof 2

Kinda makes you wonder why THIS season was only 13 episodes when the earlier ones and now the later one are all 26.

On the other hand, YAY!

(Also, ninja topic merge.)

• Brohoof 2

I hope the 16 episodes will cut the fat. Like be season 2 without the Family Appreciation Day or Mysterious Mare-Do-Wells. When you have a shorter season, the weaker episodes stick out a LOT more.

26 episodes with our brand new alicorn Twilight ! Can't wait to see them !

[/troll]

Well, I think ponies are here to stay for at least another year... My mind wans't prepared for this.

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes!

Such awesome news to end what began to be a horrible day! I am also happy that they've gone back to the 26 episode format, but honestly, this confirmation alone is enough to cheer me up.

• Brohoof 1

Yes this means all of the mane 6 should get an episode even Rairty :D and possibly evn others such as the CMC!  I hope this doesn't mean the quality of season 4 episodes goes down though especially consdering that Twilight will be an alicorn. but wait this means we'll have to wait even longer for the next season! :blush:

26 episodes in seasons 1 and 2 plus 13 in S3 makes 65 episodes. 91 (confirmed from the post) minus 65 leaves 26 episodes for next season, not 16. Twice as much pony for next fall. xD

Admit it people, we only carried on the "less episodes=more quality" argument to make ourselves feel better, not because there was any evidence for it in the actual season. We've hit the jackpot here! :lol:

Edited by TailsIsNotAlone
  • Brohoof 2

26 episodes in seasons 1 and 2 plus 13 in S3 makes 65 episodes. 91 (confirmed from the post) minus 65 leaves 26 episodes for next season, not 16. Twice as much pony for next fall. xD

Admit it people, we only made the "less episodes=more quality" argument to make ourselves feel better, not because there was any evidence for it in the actual season. We've hit the jackpot here! :lol:

I don't think fall is an appropriate time to assume it's rebirth Tails XD. I'm estimating for summer - late summer. Yeah it may be a little too optimistic but a man can dream can't he?

Kinda makes you wonder why THIS season was only 13 episodes when the earlier ones and now the later one are all 26.

On the other hand, YAY!

(Also, ninja topic merge.)

Companies sometimes produce shorter seasons to open up more time for reruns to save production cost.

I assume that is what happened.

• Brohoof 2

I like this :). It gives them loads of room to give everypony sufficient screentime and development, as well as toy around with whatever wacky storylines they wish.

Thanks for the info! Still curious why this one was thirteen though.

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 1

Great :) I really don't care about waiting longer for them, quality takes time. So they should take as long as needed. Just don't go doing a Duke Nukem Forever on us.

Edited by Fridge
  • Brohoof 1

Yes! I'm glad they experimented with a 13 episode season, but I honestly like 16 episodes a little more.

But wait, this means we have to wait longer for season 4! :(

I like 26 more than 16, to be honest. 

Anyways, this is truly great news! I was disappointed with how short Season 3 has ended up being.

• Brohoof 1

I like this :). It gives them loads of room to give everypony sufficient screentime and development, as well as toy around with whatever wacky storylines they wish.

Thanks for the info! Still curious why this one was thirteen though.

First of all, concerning the 26 episodes news...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jpgy21r_dRE

As for your question, it is an interesting quandary indeed.  :huh:   One possible answer might be that a combination of factors made a 13 episode season necessary; last season, we saw (1) Lauren Faust leave Studio B, (2) as a result, a large number of new men and women joining the Studio B team and getting acquainted with the show, and finally (3) "The Last Round Up" controversy, which, although at first glance only derailed future Derpy appearances, might've in actuality, combined with those other circumstances, resulted in influencing Season 3 a lot more than initially thought.  After all, the controversy did occur just as they were beginning to develop Season 3; perhaps production was thrown into limbo for an extended period due to a combination of these circumstances, and as a result, Studio B had to settle for a 13 episode season.  Just a theory, but who knows, maybe there's something to it.

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 1

YES :D

Better be all Rarity episodes

Excellent news, the wait will probably be a little longer(please god not November again), but this is certainly exciting news nontheless, gimme moar I say! :)

Kinda makes you wonder why THIS season was only 13 episodes when the earlier ones and now the later one are all 26. On the other hand, YAY! (Also, ninja topic merge.)

Only way we know how(I didn't do this one though). :ph34r: