Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hasbro or Fanmade toys

~TheStealthyPony~

I've bought toys from Hasbro. I like to think that this way I'm supporting the show... XD

I'd like to buy stuff the fans made, like that Celestia, Luna and Shining Armor/Cadance... But I't be too expensive, seeing that in the country I live bronies are just a bunch of guys that don't produce this level of quality in the toys.

• Brohoof 1

Fanmade is definatly better and if i knew where to buy them without a credit card i would buy them. I want to show my support for the fan base since i already have shirts and buttons with mlp characters on them. although i guess that isnt considered Hasbro.

I mean, do I even HAVE to say that Celestia is a beautiful majestic white, not pink?

They're making white Celestia toys now, surprisingly. I now want one. But, of course, I have no money to spend. I need more ponies!

Hasbro~ Much cheaper, and I actually like their pony toys! (Dun duun DUUUUN!)

Fanmades/customs are cool, though. But they're just too pricey for someone like me. :V

Besides, I prefer making my own customs. xD

Hasbro because, the customs could be so expensive as hell. I prefer Hasbro, because they made the toys. Customs are mostly good for controllers in video games, usually not for toys.

Wow, I didn't know that fans made toys. I have a tendency to live under a rock. Anyway, the fan-made toys do look better. hasbro has some work to do.

I mostly only buy hasbro stuff.  I'm just not willing to fork over 40$ for a 2 inch custom blind bag and such. Also most of the plushes are also super expensive. Main fan thing I bought was cutie mark magnets and I bought a bunch was because they were incredibly powerful useful magnets.

I am rather tempted to buy a Zecora plush though because that seems more difficult to make than the average pony and I don't think it's likely they'll ever make an official one.

What is most important to me in buying any form of memorabelia is that the item in question resembles the source material. Hasbro's mlp junk doesn't resemble the show in the slightest. It's obvious hasbro doesnt care so why should they get any of my money, if i do decide to buy something then it'll be fan stuff not this hasbro garbage.

What is most important to me in buying any form of memorabelia is that the item in question resembles the source material. Hasbro's mlp junk doesn't resemble the show in the slightest. It's obvious hasbro doesnt care so why should they get any of my money, if i do decide to buy something then it'll be fan stuff not this hasbro garbage.

Blind bags looks like the characters. The rest with a little work could look exactly like the characters. They even have out the white celestia now. Just sayin' I"m not sure how anyone can say that  " doesn't resemble the show in the slightest" when they're (except for celestia) usually the right color and cutie mark.

Also the one fair way would be to compare fan made brushables to brushables hasbro made. Most of those fan made are sculpted hair. Which is a different material. Hasbro has always made brushable ponies. So why would they stop because certain fans are obsessed about their hair being identical to the show.

most of those in the pictures that are fan made actually look more like statues , not toys . I think the glow in the darkness fits Zecora's character though. The only part that seemed lazy on hasbro's part was not completing the bracelet on her leg.

Edited by Lady Leopardess

I will fully admit that i havent seen the entire line of hasbro mlp toys but the ones i've seen in the toy stores here in the netherlands do not resemble the mlp fim show except maybe in color. The shape of the figurines (body propprtions, shape of heir parts) do not match the show. And that means i wont buy them.

• 8 years later...
On 2013-02-06 at 8:25 PM, Wolf Angel said:

Hasbro~ Much cheaper, and I actually like their pony toys! (Dun duun DUUUUN!)

Fanmades/customs are cool, though. But they're just too pricey for someone like me. :V

Same here.