Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Megamare, a Megaman crossover idea

Starstream

11 users have voted

1. 1. A slightly unrelated topic, what's your favorite Megaman (series)?

• Classic Megaman
    • Megaman X
    • Megaman ZX
    • Megaman Volnutt
    • Megaman.exe
    • Starforce Megaman
    • Zero
    • None, I don't care for Megaman

Hello there bros and bro-ettes, as the title and the poll might suggest, I'm hovering over the idea to write an MLP/Megaman crossover. This crossover would be an alternate universe fic and would possibly include:
- either at least one of the Mane-six or powers based on them.
- a plot that directly borrows thematic elements from Megaman and Megaman X, and possibly a little from the other as well.

Now what I'm asking for is someone, or a few people who can dig this idea and would like to pitch some concepts back and forth with me.

Reqirements:
- Knowledge of at least one of the Megaman series.
- Interest in the concept.

There's really nothing else I'd ask of you, just knowledge, interest, and of course ideas, so if you're a crazy person like me and you're interested in this idea, leave a comment, hit me with a PM, or contact me about it on Skype. Any help at all would be appreciated, even if it's just a pitch of your opinion.

Here, have some complementary images.

img-1153931-1-mm20.jpg
img-1153931-2-my_mega_ponies_by_rongs123
2ce73f0c833fbc30703281730172e73f.gif?134
img-1153931-4-megamare_dash_by_xscaralie

Edited by Zhinzo
  • Brohoof 3

I have been a Mega-Fan for more than 20 years. I know must of the timeline for the clasic X Zero and Legends series and many details from them (the .exe and starforce not because they suck XD). If there is something I can help you with I would gladly do so.

To end here is a little pic to celebrate Megaman =D

BCeMvxOCUAAdoKv.jpg

(the .exe and starforce not because they suck XD)

Hey! that's my fragile childhood you're dissing there! (Talking about .exe, I'm not very interested in Starforce.) I grew up on just Classic and .exe. I didn't have sweet 16/32/64-bit consoles when I was young, so I missed out on everything in between. I only managed to get back into the series because of ZX and .exe, so I cherish them.

Back to more related stuff, if I were to use one of the mane six as "Megamare", who do you figure would be the best candidate?

AJ or RD. Both of them are the most reliable of the crew in terms of self sacrifice. You have to remember that almost all versions of Megaman or Rock as I like to call him choose to take the burden of the fight and leave behind a peaceful life.

If I had to choose i would go with AJ (because she is best pony) and she has all to stand into a Megaman Parody. Applebloom can be Roll, Big Mac can be rush, and I Twi can be a young funny version of Dr. Light, not Grany Smith that would be dumb XD

Edited by Colt
  • Brohoof 1

(the .exe and starforce not because they suck XD)

But Colt is totaly right! ^^

I played Megaman 1-7 , also the old Gameboy Games 1-3. I don´t know if ponies would fit into a Megaman universe. Magic has not much to do with a mega buster you know?

Back to more related stuff, if I were to use one of the mane six as "Megamare", who do you figure would be the best candidate?

Well, if you really wanna use one of the mane six as Megamare, you should take Rainbow Dash. Not because of her character, but because she is strong and blue.

• Brohoof 1

AJ or RD. Both of them are the most reliable of the crew in terms of self sacrifice.

Well, if you really wanna use one of the mane six as Megamare, you should take Rainbow Dash. Not because of her character, but because she is strong and blue.

I kinda figured Dash would be the natural pick, and that makes perfect sense, but truth be told I was kind of hoping not to do that, and I'm leaning more towards creating a Rock and Megamare X ponies, with power upgrades referencing the mane six.

I figured people weren't too fond of .exe, but hey, a guy can dream, right?  :lol:

Dash would be the natural pick

I like RD as much as anypony but she CANT be Rock, she can Fly and that would break the idea of well JUMPIN' AND SHOOTIN'. but thats just me being a fanboy, A cyborg SwetieBell or something like that could work too