Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Been noticing a couple of trends around these parts...

Feather Gem

Like ~Chaotic _______~

xD I'm just waiting for some pony to become Chaotic Sweetie Belle (I find that extremely funny for some odd reason)

And avatars of ponies in wedding dresses.

And I don't mean anything by this, of course.  You're all free to do whatever.  In fact, those ponies in wedding dresses are freakin' adorable.

Any other trends you've noticed?

It seems like Lyra has had a sudden increase in popularity lately. I have also noticed the wedding dresses and the chaotic/lawful/etc thing, but I don't really know how they started. I had thought of another one, but now I can't seem to remember it. Oh, well.

Not sure if you were around for the "-oop" fad.

Back when we were smaller and first got mods, Zoop and Swoop were among them.  Joke ended up being "can't be a mod if you don't have an -oop in your name" and plenty of people ran with it.

• Brohoof 3

Yeah. ~Chaotic~ and ~lawful~ are old now, and it's starting to get annoying. There was the thing with the avatar of the pony tilting her head. Other than that, I can't think of any other that you haven't mentioned.

Edited by Betez

i just assume that most of these fads are inside jokes that someone made and everyone else just follows them. I dont see these fads as stupid or anything since they are free to do whatever, i just see them as pointless half the time.

There was the thing with the avatar of the pony tilting her head. Other than that, I can't think of any other that you haven't mentioned.

Wait... there's a forum meme about me and it's not the forced one that I made from a random gag in my blog? I know that DashForever did it as a joke, but there were others?

I noticed a lot of polls in the forum lounge about "Do you like/hate me?", with half of them being filled with biased options. 

• Brohoof 1

It seems like Lyra has had a sudden increase in popularity lately. I have also noticed the wedding dresses and the chaotic/lawful/etc thing, but I don't really know how they started. I had thought of another one, but now I can't seem to remember it. Oh, well.

I agree with this post, Lyra has been blowing up in the MLP community as far as I have seen. Not sure why, really, but I really don't mind it ;D

• Brohoof 1

• 9 months later...

Been seeing a lot more ponies using their OC's, when I first came here most ponies didn't but now days... every pony and their mother is using their OC.. which is not a bad thing but still... gets kind of old.. 

and a lot of sexy pics too... and a lot of ponies with shocks on.. which I don't mind those two.. at all :)

• Brohoof 1

People just want approval, so they'll do whatever everyone else is doing. If a well-known member throws a random adjective like "sadistic" in their name, chances are, the insecure will follow in their footsteps, and do the same, despite probably not knowing the definition of the word.

It happens all over the world, just in different circumstances. I call it, "kissing ass".

Edited by The Dark Passenger

What about "Sadistic"? lol

I have like thirteen people in a club dedicated solely to saying I'm awesome, that counts as a trend on the forums, doesn't it? 

All that ~Chaotic~ business was pretty funny, actually.

You started the "Harmonic" thing! lol, how does that make you feel? :P

Belly buttons are definitely a trend worth mentioning here on the forums. I wouldn't say I'm a part of it, but I've no objection to it. It can be cute after all. It just usually ends up looking rather sexual just to show off their naval.

We've had loads. A decent number of them are just kinda forced, but they can also be a great way to have fun with friends and a good way to stop taking things so seriously and have some fun. Some of the famous ones have been the Chaotic/Lawful deal, Eeveelutions, Navels, and the lesser known but still adorable Head-Tilt revolution :)