Banner by ~ The Wife of Levi

Friday Movie Night + Mare-a-thon and Episode 12 Live Stream

Apple      Bloom

As per tradition, we will start the night with two movies, which are listed below, followed by a marathon of random pony videos which will begin at approximately 8:40 PM EST and continue until the new episode airs, which we'll stream live at 10:30 AM EST on Saturday morning.

post-37-0-65770400-1360353269.jpg
The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
Showtimes
4:00 PM EST
10:00 PM GMT +1

post-37-0-39073800-1360353286.jpg

Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby
Showtimes
6:55 PM EST
12:55 PM GMT +1

So grab some snacks, get comfortable, and prepare to fill your head with hobbits, fast cars, and ponies!

What is this?

Every Friday we have a "movie night" where everypony can chat and watch movies together. It's not just about movies though! You can pop in early or stick around after the movies to watch ponies. Don't like what you see, feel free to add your own videos!

What time does it start in (insert timezone here)?

The times listed above are in EST and GMT+1. To convert to other timezones there is a very convenient conversion site here.

Do I need an account?

If you want to chat, yes, but no account is necessary to watch.

How do I request a movie?

Post your movie requests in this thread. A poll is put up every Monday for you to vote on the two movies to be shown.

How do I request a YouTube video?

Post it in the chat and a mod will add it to the playlist.

Wow! This is fun!

Glad you think so! Remember to tell your friends about the party if you want more ponies to join, after all, the more the merrier! Feel free to update your status or post in this topic saying you'll be there.

Rules

Don't spam. That means no <3 <3 <3 <3, johnmaddenjohnmaddenjohnmadden, as;dlfkja;ldkfj, eeyup eeyup eeyup, or anything of the sort.
Keep discussion on topic. This event is for watching movies and ponies together, not random chat. Try to keep all discussion at least somewhat related to the video.
Don't Roleplay. This is not Roleplay World so do not RP in the chat.
Follow the global forum rules. This is an official MLP Forums event, so all forum rules apply, no exceptions. If you break a rule once, you get a verbal warning. If you continue to break the rules, you get kicked. If you still insist on breaking the rules after being kicked, you get banned from the site.

In the event that a movie can't be shown for whatever reason, we'll just watch ponies instead.

Feel free to contact me if you happen to have any further questions on the subject. If not... Join in on the party!

Equestria.tv

Edited by Apple Bloom
  • Brohoof 4

Badges

Sweet. Just one question. I have no doubt that this has been brought up before, but I've only been attending movie night for 2 weeks. After the movies, can the random videos be anything, or do they have to be at least somewhat pony-related?

Edited by Betez

Sweet. Just one question. I have no doubt that this has been brought up before, but I've only been attending movie night for 2 weeks. After the movies, can the random videos be anything, or do they have to be at least somewhat pony-related?

Videos have to be pony related in some way, safe for work, and generally no longer than about 10 minutes. If you're unsure, feel free to post it anyway. If it meets the criteria, I'll add it.

Badges

I wish I could attend these but I've been busy every weekend we've had streams for movies or episodes, or I just forget.

I'm gonna try to make it to the finale of Season 3 on stream if I can :P. Then I'll be able to say i've actually attended one of these :P.

Hopefully I don't oversleep next weekend :P.

ohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh! :wub:  I am the world's biggest LOTR nerd! I might be able to catch the last hour or so. Or maybe I'll watch a marathon of all the extended editions. If I get started now I can take a two hour nap before the new episode.

Well, I has fun watching Lord of the Rings AND Taladega Nights. I can't wait to see the new episode with you all tommorow. I'm so glad you guy do this, they're really fun. Congrats to Applebl00m, Artemis, Marco, and NASCARFAN for helping out.

• Brohoof 1

I have a question. Where do the live streams take place. I've never been to one. Also, my timezone isn't the same so. Please tell me. I wanna be at the next one.

I have a question. Where do the live streams take place. I've never been to one. Also, my timezone isn't the same so. Please tell me. I wanna be at the next one.

The movies and mare-a-thons are shown on equestria.tv. It took me a while to figure out that that was an actual website. I hope to see you there next week. Edited by Betez

gonna try to get there this week, however i won't be able to attend the finale livestream unfortunately due to my local hurling team re-playing the all Ireland semi final so sorry about that.