Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Funny Video Game Mishaps?

Skar

I gotta say it's pretty comical, if not borderline slapstick, when it comes to how many times I've played a story mission and die in F-Zero GX before I gain the memorization and reflexes to complete it. Seriously, that game isn't afraid to show how much it hates you. :lol:

I was playing some ME1 awhile back (started over in preperation for ME3, I'm still playing ME2 to get to ME3) and I was fighting Benezia near the Rachni queen. I was doing a great job (even on the highest difficulty it is a pretty easy fight), but then I suddenly fell between the railings and got stuck in the pit at the bottom. I had to load (not a big deal since I saved just before entering the room), but it was still pretty funny to watch. :P

(edited)

Today I was playing as Spy on Dustbowl while using the Your Eternal Reward (quick note for those not familiar: the Your Eternal Reward allows you to instantly disguise as the player you just killed). So, I stab a Heavy, taking on that disguise and just hanging around outside of the BLU starting gate on the second stage of Dustbowl. The Medic, apparently oblivious to his Heavy partner having been murdered, begins to heal me. I lead him into the house on which the capture point is located and, noticing his Uber meter is at full, I use the voice command to order him to activate the Uber. He does, and the Medic gets stuck in the corner of the room thanks to our team's level three sentry gun, and I just stand there in front of him spamming the "Thanks!" voice command as he keeps the Uber locked on me. At last he died. He then began to chide his Heavy on the next round for not having attacked the sentry.

Then I told him the truth.

Then he raged a little inside.

Okay, so not really a mishap. The game didn't crash or anything. I just felt like sharing that story.

Edited by Thereisnospoon303
  • Brohoof 2

In my duo run of Dragon Quest 9 (on hold for now) I fought the Garth Goyle, the first boss that can boost it's tension. First run I went, it managed to boost it's tension all the way to 100 while I kept buffing my team up... Needless to say, the end result was NOT pretty -_- Got him the second time around though, but still...

Back when Skyrim was still fun to play, I encountered a recurring glitch in all of my saved games (As well as my friends's). There was a blood dragon that would fly backwards and clip into itself a bit, all the while spewing ice every which way. It was impossible to kill, and could not hurt you. We named it Frankie.

How many times have I brought out a Fire type Pokemon when batting a Water type?

Sometimes when playing a Sonic 3D game (Adventure, Heroes, etc) I make it all the way to the end just to be glitched through the ground to my death. On my last life. I hate that.

Oh dear, I have several tales...for example, a couple of months ago I was doing a Mono-type Nuzlocke run of Pokemon Black. For those unaware of what a Nuzlocke is, it's basically a challenge where your Pokemon have only one life to live. If they ever faint, they're considered dead and cannot be revived. Permabox them or release them, but either way you can't use them anymore. You're also restricted to the first Pokemon you catch on a Route, and there are a lot of other rules you can toss in too. In my case the main rule was that all the Pokemon had to be Ice-types. That meant some futzing about with a randomizer and Pokesav, but I did it. Had the run documented in a playthrough thread on the Nuzlocke forums and everything.

The tragedy came when I was just finished with the seventh gym, after having lost many valuable friends along the way, including Helsinki, a darling little Smoochum who never got the chance to evolve into a Jynx. I'd just gotten up to the Wonder Tunnel, when the game suddenly crashes. Lo and behold, when I attempt to load the game save, it corrupted and I couldn't play any further. Massive disappointment, especially since this happened just a couple of days before Christmas.

Another, possibly more funny story: I was playing TF2 with Sethisto and Cereal Velocity, among other big names in the community thanks to a random invite to a game that Seth tossed onto EQD at four in the morning--I believe Rainbow Crash was around at one point too. And I kept getting dominated by both Seth and Cereal. Granted it had been months since I last played, but good grief they were everywhere, all the time! Seth is one of the best spies I've ever seen, and Cereal plays fairly mean at any class he attempts. Fun games, but still...constant domination had me feeling stupid. (Particularly since at one point I actually said over the chat "I was honored to be killed by you, Seth." Thank goodness I didn't have my mic.)

• Brohoof 2

Not really a mishap...

but umm, I was playing Fallout 3..

and I was walking through the wasteland, I decided to look up for some reason..I think I was wondering if there was any birds in the sky..well I saw something quite high up..

So I pulled out my sniper rifle and zoomed in...it turned out to be a flying brahmin....

that was an odd day..

(edited)

I was playing Football Manager. My goalie managed to score after taking a goal kick. To make it even funnier, he did it twice.

A defender took a free kick from the midfield (50 yards) and he scored.

EDIT: Keep in mind that it's a game where you see the simulated game rather than you actually playing it. I still thought it was hilarious though. The goalie ran across the whole field after seeing what happened xD

Edited by Derpity Derp

I have had lots but the only 2 I can remember atm are:

The cops were chasing me in GTA SA and I was driving really fast and not paying attention, so I crashed into a building then 2 or 3 cops crashed into me going even faster then I was so all 3 cop cars blew up and the force of the explosions (because mine somehow survived) sent my car flying into an unenterable building and I became invincible

and

Saints Row 2: again I'm running from the cops and if anyone plays you know that one of the highways have a train track in the middle, I was playing with my sound really low because I was staying up late and I didn't hear the train coming so I drove onto the tracks and just before my car made it trough the opening the train ran into it, then because I had the mass-hole cheat in the train sent my car flipping into blue hell and then bounced off it (even though it wasn't there) and blew up

SMB3| Jumped up with that raccoon power up going full speed, flew up in the air, then fell through the ground, then came back through the ceiling, then back into the ground, and so on.

Crash Twinsanity| Glitched the game and I was able to levitate.

Sly Cooper: Honor Among Thieves| Made 4 guards chase me, drew them directly to my grapple cam which was on top of a health extractor; since there was so much commotion, Carmelita showed up too, and while I was up on the rooftop with the guards and Carmelita brutally murdering the cam, I activated the health extractor and sucked Carmelita into it...?

Minions| Playing as Splodge, had all stats maxed, solo'd the second and third to last towers, then went in red base for the last, only to find that all the enemies were there guarding. A Sneaky on my team teleported in out of nowhere and blew up or something and killed the other team while I killed the last tower.

I was playing Star Wars: Battlefront. I was running around, when my friend (who was right next to me at the time, on my SAME SIDE/TEAM), decided to troll, and sniped me! I jumped into an AT-AT, and shot him every time he re-spawned. I felt pretty boss, so I got down and out of it, and I was hit by a Snowspeeder. XD.

In Halo Reach, I was charging a Grunt, and it turned ninja. It randomly threw, I don't know.... maybe 6 different plasma grenades at once? I have no idea how, though.... That's not all. I escaped all of them, and laughed at him. I shot him, and ran over to taunt him....

Apparently, his Elite friend/pal didn't want me to hurt his little friend, so he stabbed me the second I turned around.

Moral of the story? Don't mess around with Grunts.

XD.

Ok, I really should have taken some kind of picture when this happened... TWICE.

Now I have no evidence, but when I was racing in Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit, two completely separate times I was going really fast, smashed into the wall, and then I fell through the floor of the world... Glitches in graphics everywhere, and car taking a nose dive. Then after 2 seconds it would pop back on the road as if nothing happened.

Pretty strange if you ask me.

• Brohoof 1

Same thing happened to me in Halo: Reach; or, a SIMILAR thing.... a Banshee just flew into the ground, and a Ghost vehicle was just parked, and then it went through the floor. o_o"....

• 4 weeks later...
(edited)

Was playing in TF2, some medieval-weapons only one at cp_degroot_keep, when I ran around and got 8 consecutive headshots in 20 seconds, all while capturing both the town and cliffside. Then I got shot in the head with an arrow :(

Saddest end of streak ever.

Edited by Ashbad

I was watching my Dad playing LoZ:Skyward Sword and he got stuck and wanted to get rid of the rest of Link's life so what he did was started to jump of the ledge that he was standing on .... safe to say it didn't work .....

(edited)

In Half Life 2: I go through a door into this really small corridor (this is in Nova Prospekt, btw) and there's a single combine behind a crate. I shoot him, but I can hear other combine moving around on the other side of the open door I need to go through. So I wait for them to come in so I can shoot ze heads, but they don't. I think "ok, they have an ambush in the other side of that door and are waiting for me." so I start to reload to go take them out, when a combine runs in and charges at me, firing all the time. Did I mention he had a pulse rifle?

Anyway, it was weird, because normally, combine come in and get behind cover, or stay near the door, or crouch and shoot. They only run towards you when you get to close, and then they melee you. But he ran at me from the beginning, and was firing the whole time. I switched to my shotgun and blew his face off, but sustained pulse rifle fire from that range brought me from full suit and full health down to 0 suit and 12 health :(

Another one I still kick myself over: I started a game in persona 3. Anyway, the social interactions were so much more interesting than dungeon crawling that I largely neglected leveling up or completing requests (basically just fetch quests, except not as annoying since you find all the stuff while going through the dungeon normally. The catch is that they have time limits. After a certain date, you can't complete them anymore. Needless to say, I missed a lot of them). Anyway, I ended up stuck at the 6th full moon, with plenty of social links, and being level 27 :(

Edited by Evilshy
  • Brohoof 1

I absolutely love funny glitches in games.

One of the top of my head was in Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX to, such a fun 2Player game to screw around in. Well anyway's you can unlock a amish biker and a Amusement park level.

On this level if you follow the slide all the way up and then go full speed under it, you'll get stuck under the slide with half your body sticking out and going absolutely crazy. Then after words you get launched that.

A very simple and easy glitch but at the time me and my friend had a blast for almost an hour with all the craziness you could see doing it. Not to mention we found it ourselves which was part of the fun.

• Brohoof 1

Mishaps? Well, pretty much every time I play Minecraft on Survival is a mishap. That's about it. ...Actually there's another. I once had this game called Metropolismania 2 for the PS2. I quite liked it. Then one time while I was playing it, my brother was telling me something and I didn't respond. He thought I wasn't listening, so he stomped on the PS2 to get my attention. Long story short, he killed the disc. It made me all sad face. Just like all the times I die in Minecraft. :(

I didn't make either video, but the people who did are awesome.

Weird glitches are always amazing. I remember when I played Bioshock I shot a splicer and it turned into a ragdoll that got stuck in the floor. It started spazzing out and flying across the room and its body just bounced around following me for the rest of the chapter.

ok tis is the funniest mishap i have ever been a part of in a videogame. i seriously couldnt breathe and almost passed out i was laughin so hard

i was playin skyrim at my friends house. i was walkin around lookin for some mammoths to torment with my epic dwarven warhammer. about 5 minutes of wandering i found about 3 of them anf i started pissin them off gettin the to chase meh cuz i was really bored at the time. the chased me quite a ways till i killed one (which was like 80 arrows) then the other 2 went into a frenzya nd starte freakin out. i turn around to run from them and a giant is running straight for me and i start to panic. i frantically start runnin to my left down the hil and i come upon a small village next to the river. the mammoths and the giants follow me throught the village and all the villagers freaked out (which was hilarious btw) and thats when i jumped of the side of the path. i didnt kill me but the 2 mammoths tried following me and got stuck in a glitch or something and i killed them both pretty quick. i started back up the path and i run into the gian again (i forgot about him entirely) i turn and run for the river thiking he wont follow me to the deep parts. i was right but thats when i started taunting him and getting closer and closer to him every time he turned around. eventall he got pissed and charged me ( by this time im in the shallow part of the beach on the side of the river and i didnt notice it) he swung his club down and i jumed thinkin i could avoid it lika ninja badass but he was tp close. hHE STRUCK THE GROUND AND I GO STARFISHING THROUGH THE AIR! I WAS IN THE AIR FOR AOBUT 2 MINUTES BEFORE I LANDED AND DIED... BUT I WAS AROUND WINDHELM I THIK IT IS AND LANDED ABOUT 100 YARDS FROM THE GATES OF THE CAPITAL CITY!!

thats my experience XD