Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you actually /read/ long profiles, or any at all?

Leafeon

Do you?  

128 users have voted

1. 1. So. Do you read long profiles?

• YES.
    • No.
    • Sometimes.
    • What's a "profile"?

As title says. The reason I'm wondering this is because, my profile is pretty long. And, seeing as it is so long, I do want people to read it.

So, my question is; Does anyone actually read profiles? Silly question? Of course.

Kthxbye.

• Brohoof 5

I enjoy getting to know the bigger names on the forums, and so I read their profiles thoroughly to understand the best way to speak to them.

Come to think of, I need to make my profile better.

• Brohoof 4

Depends. If the profile talks about something that is actually interesting, like opinions on FiM or the forum, arts, or maybe how someone became a brony, then I would read it.

If the profile is all about links to random places and incoherent ramblings, nope.

• Brohoof 2

Sometimes I will it depends on the person and what their profile says, I might not always read the whole thing right away but I might come back to it later.

• Brohoof 2

I read them some of the time, depending on if I feel like it. But it's nice to have a good amount of stuff on your profile so nopony would think your not very interesting to know. I know I feel like I need more on my profile, and will work on it when I am ready to do it.

I'm always around your profile, fooling you with my cupcake icon. I purposely don't post that much so I seem almost blended...when you are not looking I leap and attack your profile, molesting it with my eyes a minimal of four times a day. Your profiles are not safe, you are not safe. Watch for the yellow eyes that peer upon you from the recently visited section...because I'll be there...hidden away...oogling you like a Tiger watching its prey.

So, yes. I do read long profiles when I can be bothered.

Edited by MiStErUnMeRry

The rare times that I actually go to other people's profiles, I do try to read through them.  Admittedly though, a lot of times I get bored about halfway through, depending on whether or not I find the profile interesting or not, and then just skim through the rest of it.

Edited by Antismurf9001

I personally do not. I actually took ten seconds on your profile before I closed the tab. Sorry :P

Don't be offended, I think it's just my extremely short attention span. Basically, to keep my attention, what I'm reading either has to be short and sweet or really good.

I try to. If I visit someone's profile, I usually want to learn more about them. So yes, I do read peoples' profiles, even if they are long.

I will read profiles if I enjoy conversing with a specific member. Other then that, I really don't care enough to read them. So I voted "sometimes". 

Edited by Bronynonymous

Well it all depends on my mood really, but considering the fact that normally if I go to check out someones profile then I'm proably going to be looking at their profile in all then normally yes

If it doesn't interest me much then sometimes I won't, but I'm normally pretty good at dedicating and reading all of someone's profile, helps me to know them better anyways :).

I don't click on people's profiles often, but when I do, I usually read and re-read the whole thing. I'm often disappointed when someone's profile is clearly just trying to make jokes and tells next to nothing about them. That's what a profile is for! :P

I read a profile if it's interesting or if I'm looking to understand a member better. Long profiles are usually quite entertaining, and it's always nice to learn more about my fellow bronies. It also turns out that reading profiles can really provide a lot of information on how to approach or address a user. Case in point: I just discovered that OP is a female after months of assuming she was a guy. Sorry for that :lol:

It's funny, though, because I can't be bothered to create a comprehensive profile for myself. Maybe I'm just lazy.

• Brohoof 1

Yes, I ALWAYS do it for 2 reasons

1. It helps me to learn more about the user

2. I am probably the only one that think like this, but I feel like total arse when just entering someones profile and just leaving without reading. The user probably took some time and thought to write the profile (I'm wierd, I know)

• Brohoof 5