Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you actually /read/ long profiles, or any at all?

Leafeon

Do you?  

128 users have voted

1. 1. So. Do you read long profiles?

• YES.
    • No.
    • Sometimes.
    • What's a "profile"?

I think I may once again be in the Internet minority that doesn't want a lot of social media or background information on someone, and just talks to them if I like what they're saying.

I don't read profiles barely at all. So, no, I don't read long profiles. I'm guessing people don't read mine all the way through since everyone assumes I'm male...I can see why they would assume it, but it really doesn't take long to scroll down a profile and check.

• 1 year later...

I always read people's profiles no matter how long they are ^_^ I just find it very interesting to hear what the people have to say about themselves and all. I also think it's a nice fast way to see what kind of interests people have, of course you'll probably already know most of the interests of your friends but sometimes I find information that makes me go like "=O I DIDN'T KNOW THAT!"

I haven't really made my profile super long myself though cause I know people only spend a few seconds on your profile and no one would read it all if mine was any longer.

• Brohoof 1

Occasionally when I'm bored and don't feel like interacting in any topics I'll go on a profile/comment spree.

But yeah, I try to read it, especially those of you on my friends list!

Most of the time I'll visit the latest visitors of my own page! :P

Though, to be completely honest, majority of the time my finger slips and I accidentally view your profile page!

Damn these clumsy fingers, and tiny font!

I enjoy getting to know people, but only the ones who I think I'll get along with quite well, or the mods. I read the profiles of all my friends, but I've decided to always make sure mine doesn't contain too much information, to save people's time. I'll be adding more to my profile soon though, so I'll add spoilers for anyone who wants to read more. So yeah, a lot of the time I kinda scan through really long profiles to try and find anything I want to find (for example, I'm interested in reading any profile page which contains a list of 'favourites', 'likes', and 'dislikes', as well as anything YouTuber related). So I'll read anything that interests me, or anything that my friends have written.

Edited by Wolves

Sometimes, more yes than no.

I have an average profile from what I saw this far, and I bet that not everyone stops to read it, but I do actually like knowing a bit that person before starting to talk, which makes the profile handy as an start point.

I only read a person's profile if I'm interested in them. If it's short I'll read it all, but if it's long I'll either skim it if it's nothing special but if it's interesting I'll read it until I get bored.

Yes

The more you know about somebody the better you can know them and avoid embarrassing mistakes. 

Mine personally changes regularly so if you better keep ontop of them updates. 

• 2 weeks later...

I do so long as its actually writing, I have seen a few profiles that are just a list of links of pictures and I just cant be bothered with those... unless the pics are relevant and theres only a few and dont take over the whole profile ^o^

I don't typically read long profile descriptions unless I have an interest in said person. Many long profiles just seem pretentious or uninteresting anyway, tbh. 

I'll read someone's profile occasionally, but if I can tell from a glance it's mostly about stuff I can't relate to or that doesn't interest me much, then I'll probably skip or skim it if it's long.