Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rainbow Dash Fan Club

Tomiix

You know, I don't think it is the best video of her but it is one of the first MLP videos that I ever watched, and it introduced me to the best pony so it has a special meaning for me :)

And I too would like to see some more of her family. I've actually seen many interpretations of her childhood that worked. I read one where she had a million siblings, and her insane competitive drive and need for attention was explained by her needing to do something incredible just to be noticed by her parents. I've also seen a story where she was an orphan with abandonment issues and that left her determined never to leave anyone, and it also explained her fear of being alone. No matter what they do I'm intensely curious about her past

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=voj9MhBUaTI

Maybe one of the best original songs to go alongside of that as well? I love this song, it works so well for Rainbow.

So, as the self-proclaimed biggest Rainbow Dash fan on these forums, I have to say I am very upset I didn't know this thread existed. This is great. (I have a tattoo of her for pete's sake)

Ever since I've been a Brony, I have felt a special connection to Rainbow because I feel me and her always share mindsets and goals. Her own since of freedom is also an inspiration to me, because she wont let anything bring her down and she doesn't let anyone else bring her down either. Thinking about how hard she works to push herself to become a Wonderbolt motivates me to push harder to improve my physical endurance and strength. I don't enjoy bringing my personal life in to the threads cause I hate how it feels like I gloat. But when I work out and I think of Rainbow, I feel like she is directly helping with my fire fighting. When ever I have a motor vehicle accident and we have to cut someone out of their car, the spreaders and cutters (Better known as the jaws of life) Are extremely heavy. The unit itself is about 65 pounds, not taking account for the generator that comes with it and the hoses. I feel like if Rainbow wouldn't be there to help me work out, then I wouldn't be able to get in to a car as fast as I normally would.

I've never had such an inspiring character in my life, and I thank my stars that I do have the motivation now to improve myself in every way I can so that I may go out help someone else.

Edited by Meirno
  • Brohoof 5

"Meeeerrrr Rainbow's a bitchhhh she made Fluttershy crryyyyy in the S3 premiere when they were jousting!1!11!1'

I've been hearing nothing but this from DeviantART comments especially, since the premiere. I'm not about to deny that Dash was once again being a bit self-absorbed in her chance to show off, like she loves doing, but it's not like she was doing things because she was out to beat on Fluttershy. Dash get's wrapped up in competition; we've seen this numerous times before, like when she cheated outright in order to beat Applejack back in season one for the Iron Pony Competition. If she didn't care for her friends she wouldn't be an element of harmony, and she wouldn't be willing to put her life on the line to help them.

Some people seem to sit and wait for chances to get on Dash's case for the slightest thing. Or maybe it's just Fluttershy fans being overly-defensive as usual.

Just felt like putting in my two cents, since it gets on my nerves :3

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~
  • Brohoof 7

"Meeeerrrr Rainbow's a bitchhhh she made Fluttershy crryyyyy in the S3 premiere when they were jousting!1!11!1'

I've been hearing nothing but this from DeviantART comments especially, since the premiere. I'm not about to deny that Dash was once again being a bit self-absorbed in her chance to show off, like she loves doing, but it's not like she was doing things because she was out to beat on Fluttershy. Dash get's wrapped up in competition; we've seen this numerous times before, like when she cheated outright in order to beat Applejack back in season one for the Iron Pony Competition. If she didn't care for her friends she wouldn't be an element of harmony, and she wouldn't be willing to put her life on the line to help them.

Some people seem to sit and wait for chances to get on Dash's case for the slightest thing. Or maybe it's just Fluttershy fans being over-defensive as usual.

Just felt like putting in my two cents, since it gets on my nerves :3

The moment I saw that I knew they would go postal, and to be fair she was being a jerk. Just look at it this way though,at most they're even for Dragon Quest when Saint Fluttershy smacked Dash down over the dragon migration.

The moment I saw that I knew they would go postal, and to be fair she was being a jerk. Just look at it this way though,at most they're even for Dragon Quest when Saint Fluttershy smacked Dash down over the dragon migration.

She always becomes a bit bitchy during competitions, so I really don't see the point in anyone throwing a big deal over it :3 That's the point I'm making. It's part of her character.

@@~Chaotic Discord~,

Rainbow Dash was taking the jousting seriously while Fluttershy wasn't, they had a job to do and Fluttershy wasn't trying her hardest. She wasn't even really being that much of a jerk in that part of the episode. She even let up on her after the initial bout.

I do think she went a bit overboard when she was interacting with the crystal ponies though.

Edit: First post, didn't even know this was here.

Edited by Jinx
  • Brohoof 1

@@~Chaotic Discord~,

Rainbow Dash was taking the jousting seriously while Fluttershy wasn't, they had a job to do and Fluttershy wasn't trying her hardest. She wasn't even really being that much of a jerk in that part of the episode. She even let up on her after the initial bout.

I do think she went a bit overboard when she was interacting with the crystal ponies though.

Exactly.

Taking her job too seriously and coming off as brash and rude, certainly. Practically the rottweiler of the Mane Six.

Exactly. Taking her job too seriously and coming off as brash and rude, certainly. Practically the rottweiler of the Mane Six.

A rottweiler would've attacked and mauled the Crystal ponies, at least she's civilized. Rainbow Dash has been my favorite since the first episode.

Speaking of taking her job too seriously, her job was to entertain the crystal ponies so their entire kingdom wasn't destroyed. Rainbow Dash isn't as rude, as much as Fluttershy having a weak will.

• Brohoof 1

A rottweiler would've attacked and mauled the Crystal ponies, at least she's civilized. Rainbow Dash has been my favorite since the first episode.

Speaking of taking her job too seriously, her job was to entertain the crystal ponies so their entire kingdom wasn't destroyed. Rainbow Dash isn't as rude, as much as Fluttershy having a weak will.

Rottweiler in spirit, obviously ;)

She's been my favorite since the end of season one. I didn't really have a favorite Mane Six before that time. I only liked Celestia xD

• 4 weeks later...

Best Pegasus fanclub deserves bump after a month.

Although, as my avatar, username, and sig point out, I am a Trixie fan, Dashy is also up there.  She's rapidly replacing Twilight for my second favorite.  I end up liking Dash for the main reasons people hate her: She's arrogant, "chaotic-good", and beautifully imperfect.  Perfect imperfection is ultimately necessary to be awesome, cool, and radical (she's right, they are indeed three different things).  That is, of course, the same reason I like Trixie.  If Dash were a unicorn who cared about more intellectual matters instead of athletics, she would be hands-down my favorite pony.  Her personality is the best in the show, I just sometimes get a bit annoyed by her obsession with flying fast and nothing more.

And as a bit of a treat, I have this video.  It's the French MLP version of "At the Gala".  The French version is decent for an international MLP dub, although certainly not as good as the English.  The one character they cast very well is Rainbow.  The French version of "At the Gala" (À Ce Gala) has ok singing overall, but Dash's part...well, you should see for yourselves.

Dashie starts at 1:18

(And yes, I know, she's speaking fancy.  You don't have to comment that <_< )

• Brohoof 2

Well, I owe Rainbow Dash an apology. Before that last episode I didn't appreciate her nearly as much as I should have ;). Her insurmountable lead in my best pony list has lengthened, which is nice and it seems that popular perception of her has improved. There are still haters of course, and I've come to accept that if they can watch that heartwarming moment at the end of the last episode and still call her nothing but a shallow jackass without positive qualities then nothing I can do will convince them.

I am both excited and nervous for the next episode, much more so than usual obviously. I can think of many ways that it could be a bad episode and a few that could make it a good one, so all I can do is hope that the writer doesn't let me down.

On the positive side, my DashForever senses are tingling and telling me that there will be a song in this episode, of course they're notoriously unreliable, but hey, you never know.

• Brohoof 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voj9MhBUaTI

Maybe one of the best original songs to go alongside of that as well? I love this song, it works so well for Rainbow.

So, as the self-proclaimed biggest Rainbow Dash fan on these forums, I have to say I am very upset I didn't know this thread existed. This is great. (I have a tattoo of her for pete's sake)

Ever since I've been a Brony, I have felt a special connection to Rainbow because I feel me and her always share mindsets and goals. Her own since of freedom is also an inspiration to me, because she wont let anything bring her down and she doesn't let anyone else bring her down either. Thinking about how hard she works to push herself to become a Wonderbolt motivates me to push harder to improve my physical endurance and strength. I don't enjoy bringing my personal life in to the threads cause I hate how it feels like I gloat. But when I work out and I think of Rainbow, I feel like she is directly helping with my fire fighting. When ever I have a motor vehicle accident and we have to cut someone out of their car, the spreaders and cutters (Better known as the jaws of life) Are extremely heavy. The unit itself is about 65 pounds, not taking account for the generator that comes with it and the hoses. I feel like if Rainbow wouldn't be there to help me work out, then I wouldn't be able to get in to a car as fast as I normally would.

I've never had such an inspiring character in my life, and I thank my stars that I do have the motivation now to improve myself in every way I can so that I may go out help someone else.

Wow...wow. I don't know that to say. That was beautiful, and I understand you completely...

Rainbow Dash is more than just a badass...more than just the pony whose 20% Cooler than the others. She's an inspiration. I know of the connection you speak of...I feel it as well. Of all the emotions and wonders I've experienced by being a brony, it's the feeling that has stood above all the others, it's the feeling that has changed me in so many ways.

Like you, I know her drive, as well, to be the best at her skills that she can be. There's a special connection she shares with the sky, it's more than just the layer of gas that separates the surface from the vacuum of space - it's a wonderland, it's a playground, it's another world to be explored...it's home.

Like you with firefighting, she inspires me to be the best pilot I can be, to push myself as far as I can go. My early dream was to be an airline pilot, but in recent months I've been realigning myself. I've always thought aerobatic flying was cool, but as each day goes by the dream of aerobatics is slowly overtaking my dreams of being an airline pilot (this is even before MLP). However, I think it is Rainbow Dash and her amazing and inspiring character that is pushing me even more than before in the direction of aerobatics. She inspires me to live each day to fly faster, higher, and further than each day before.

Rainbow Dash is more than just a thrill-seeking technicolor pegasus, she is the spirit of adventure incarnate. It's the spirit that was beating in the hearts of the Wright Brothers when they took their faithful leap in Kittyhawk that morning in 1903. It's the spirit that was beating in the heart of Chuck Yeager when he pushed the Bell X-1 to past the speed of sound. It was beating in the hearts of the crew of the Apollo 11 when they journeyed beyond the bounds of our world to step foot upon another. And it was in the heart of Felix Baumgartner when he jumped from the edge of space with Red Bull Stratos - and like Dashie herself - broke the speed of sound with his body alone.

Every aviator. Every thrillseeker. Every adventurer. Everyone who seeks to be the best they can be, at whatever they have passion with. They all have a little bit of Rainbow Dash flowing through their veins. I'd like to think I do, too. (You definitely do, Meirno!) I'd kinda like to get a tattoo of Dashie someday, as well, to remind me of this. Not only that, but I've already decided that my aircraft someday (if I am fortunate enough to be able to afford one) will be in the theme of Rainbow Dash...a flying tribute to the very pony who got me there.

Sometimes I actually feel a sense of unworthiness to have such an amazing character as a role model. Sometimes I worry what she would think if by through some rift in existence we met. Would she be happy with me? Would she feel that I have lived up to the spirit of what it means to be an adventurer? Even if she isn't here in physical form, she's always here in spirit. I'd like to think she'd want to be my wingpony if she could.

This one's for you, Rainbow Dash:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2IfWx6syuY

Your faithful student, Sky Nomad.

(If someone told me 2 months ago I would be waxing poetic about a rainbow pony, I would have called them insane. But then again I think a lot of bronies probably have a similar story).

Edited by Sky Nomad
  • Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...

Rainbow Dash is best pony. This is a fact. Rainbow Dash, with her amazing talents, element of loyalty, and adorableness, is the TRUE type of pony that everypony should know.

She's such a badass. What's better than a sonic rainboom? Dashie was the reason I became a brony.

So I thank you Rainbow Dash. You are super-ultra-extreme-awesomazing! Without a doubt, the best pony.

Rainbow-dash-the-wonderbolt-my-little-po

• Brohoof 2

Why have I not known about this thread??? I demand an answer! She is best pony  :wub: Now where do I send in my application for this awesome fan club? Do I need to talk to Scootaloo about it? 

• Brohoof 1

Yes. Just. Yes. Rainbow dash was my fav BEFORE I watched MLP. xD Thanks to my friend for getting me into it :3 Definetely, 1 ep is worth the 22 mins consumed watching it... And also, watching the haters fail at youtube is hilarious...

Why have I not known about this thread??? I demand an answer! She is best pony :wub: Now where do I send in my application for this awesome fan club? Do I need to talk to Scootaloo about it?
You can talk to me too. Scootaloo and I jointly lead the fan club :)

After the last few episodes I've noticed that general opinion of Rainbow has improved. Even a few of the more outspoken Dash haters have admitted that they're starting to like her a bit more. I'm immensely pleased by this, and I hope that the trend continues.

• Brohoof 1

After the last few episodes I've noticed that general opinion of Rainbow has improved. Even a few of the more outspoken Dash haters have admitted that they're starting to like her a bit more. I'm immensely pleased by this, and I hope that the trend continues.

I hope even more so that Scootalove, now canon, is capitalized upon in future episodes. Faust said from the get-go that she didn't see Dash as 'sister material', but clearly the current show's leaders and writers aren't thinking the exact same way, and I am all too pleased with this, because to me, it's the correct way to go about it.

Dash is never going to be the soft, caring and understanding sister that, say, Applejack is. Dash is a die-hard tomboy. An impatient, often clueless-to-emotions-and-signs one, at that. Her form of playfulness would probably come off as much more roughhousing-esque as compared to Rarity or Applejack, and she's going to get impatient and occasionally snippy with Scoots I imagine, and they might bump heads here and there. But all in all, the end of Sleepless in Ponyville, where Dash opens up and shows off her caring side, is what will be the end to all those situations. You don't have to rarely fight or always get along to be 'good sister material'. In fact, if anything, the sibling relationship that I imagine Dash and Scoots having is far more realistic to our world, than say AJ and Apple Bloom's is. Theirs is an ideal relationship, but not all that common.

Rant rant rant, bottom line is Dash can be just as a good a sister-like figure as Rarity and Applejack are, she just has her own way of doing so, and there's nothing wrong with it as long as it's depicted properly. Like I said in the beginning, I hope that Dash gets a chance to demonstrate this in the future, by playing with, or even just hanging out with Scoots.

An episode at a new annual Sisterhooves Social where Dash enters with Scoots would be sweet. I can picture Dash letting her competitiveness take her over yet again, and she starts going on and on to AJ about how awesome of a sister she is, probably pulling in Scoots for a wing hug while she says it, to give a visual representation of her point.

I'd be so happy.

• Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...
I hope even more so that Scootalove, now canon, is capitalized upon in future episodes. Faust said from the get-go that she didn't see Dash as 'sister material', but clearly the current show's leaders and writers aren't thinking the exact same way, and I am all too pleased with this, because to me, it's the correct way to go about it.

Dash is never going to be the soft, caring and understanding sister that, say, Applejack is. Dash is a die-hard tomboy. An impatient one, at that. Her form of playfulness would probably come off as much more roughhousing-esque as compared to Rarity or Applejack, and she's going to get impatient and occasionally snippy with Scoots I imagine, and they might bump heads here and there. But all in all, the end of Sleepless in Ponyville, where Dash opens up and shows off her caring side, is what will be the end to all those situations. You don't have to rarely fight or always get along to be 'good sister material'. In fact, if anything, the sibling relationship that I imagine Dash and Scoots having is far more realistic to our world, than say AJ and Apple Bloom's is. Theirs is an ideal relationship, but not all that common.

Rant rant rant, bottom line is Dash can be just as a good a sister-like figure as Rarity and Applejack are, she just has her own way of doing so, and there's nothing wrong with it as long as it's depicted properly. Like I said in the beginning, I hope that Dash gets a chance to demonstrate this in the future, by playing with, or even just hanging out with Scoots.

An episode at a new annual Sisterhooves Social where Dash enters with Scoots would be sweet. I can picture Dash letting her competitiveness take her over yet again, and she starts going on and on to AJ about how awesome of a sister she is, probably pulling in Scoots for a wing hug while she says it, to give a visual representation of her point.

I'd be so happy.

Different types of people need different types of sister after all I suppose. I think that each of the three sets of sisters have formed their own variety of connection that fits them perfectly. Just as there are many good ways to be a friend there are also many good ways to be a sister.

Incidentally, I also daydreamed of a background event in a future episode that would show Rainbow and Scoots competing in the Sisterhooves Social. Just a way to throw a little more heartwarming into the series :)

Hi again Dashie fans :)! It is my personal belief that Rainbow is not only the best pony , but the most attractive one as well. If you agree with me, then feel free to hop on over to Alfonzo Dennard's tournament and vote for her. I'd hate for her to lose this early.

http://mlpforums.com/topic/44455-the-most-attractive-pony-tournament-2013-wild-card-round/

In case you need some convincing, have a picture :)

crystal_roses_by_auranite-d5qpuyk.png

Vamos!

• Brohoof 2

I so like being part of the Rainbow Dash Fan Club because, of how RD is portrayed as a character. A competitive, athletic, pony who isn't afraid of anything and also being a ''big sister'' to Scootaloo.

• Brohoof 1

So, what does Dashie say upon hearing she has so many fans, DashForever? I heard you and Scootaloo run the club. I'm sure one of you have told her by now. :wub:

You know I'm not sure anyone has told her yet. I might get on that now. I'm sure she won't be all that surprised though :). She deserves every one of her fans and even more, and I think she knows it :).

• Brohoof 2